“A luxurious hotel in Denver”
Review of Hotel Teatro

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #31 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 8 August 2010

My wife and I live in Denver and we wanted to stay downtown on our anniversary. The standard place people seem to stay (for a night in the city) is the Brown Palace - I decided to try something different, so we chose Hotel Teatro based on other TripAdvisor reviews. It was great!

The hotel is located just across from the Performing Arts complex, and just a few blocks from the 16th street mall - it's far enough away from the mall that noise is not an issue, but close enough for an easy stroll. The hotel itself is an old building but has been recently renovated. A number of "old" touches still remain in the hotel, such as the mail tube next to the elevator giving it some nice character.

We had a corner king room and I requested a high floor - they gave us the top (9th) floor, which was slightly smaller than the other because it had a widow's walk balcony - but the balcony was great to have! The room was very nicely appointed and had a modern feel. The bathroom was great, and the bed super comfortable. Our room service breakfast in the morning was very good (although quite pricey...but I suppose that's room service...).

This was a fantastic place to stay - my only complaint was that it was a bit on the expensive side, but I suppose that's what you get when you want to stay in Downtown Denver. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,272)

Reviewed 8 August 2010

Stayed here with my partner for several nights. We had a corner room and it was great. I could not believe how perfectly the bed was made each day. Great location with friendly and competent staff. Definitely coming back. Just an FYI on parking, it's about $26 per day, and parking is off site. That didn't seem to be a problem for us. The car was ready for us by the time we went downstairs, which was a real plus.

Reviewed 31 July 2010

The Hotel Teatro is in a class by itself. You are greeted at the door by the friendly bell service, I was impressed that they even knew my name and greeted me as they opened the door for me! The lobby is immaculate and stunning. The front desk is accommodating to every person's need; my boyfriend and I came to the Teatro six hours before check-in and were taken care of. Once we got to our room, I was floored by the beauty. The view from the balcony on the ninth floor embellishes the beauty even more. Our positive experience was furthered at how well maintained the rooms are; our room was cleaned and taken care of at least three times a day! The bed was always straightened, ice was always filled, and towels were always plentiful. The location of the Teatro is perfect. They are located on Fourteenth St. This location makes them a perfect hub to all the amazing things Denver has to offer; and there are MANY things to do in Denver all the time.

The concierge was by far the most incredible part of this already perfect adventure. Torie took any challenge and made sure that it was made a reality. She hunted down a guide for a white water rafting trip on a Sunday! Even upon leaving the Teatro, which was a sad time for me; I would love to live there, she offered to help my boyfriend and I look for apartments/condos when we make our big move to the city.

I have done a lot of traveling, and stayed at many established hotels, but none match the quality or service of the Hotel Teatro. If you ever get the chance to stay there, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2010

My husband and I stayed at Teatro after seeing South Pacific across the street. The room was clean and well-appointed with a convenient layout that made the most of the space. We all--dog included--liked sitting on the small sofa to watch the flatscreen TV. There weren't dog bowls upon arrival, which we had requested, and the champagne that was part of our package wasn't delivered along with our aromatherapy bath. A simple phone call fixed the problems, however. The staff was professional but not stuffy. For dinner, we headed next door to Prima, where we each had the best pasta dishes we've ever had! The next morning we checked out the fitness room, which is small but functional. I'd definitely recommend Teatro for a special night.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2010

We stayed at the Hotel Teatro for a girls getaway and it way surpassed our expectations. The room was good sized, beds comfortable, bathroom nice and most importantly it was very clean and welcoming. The people that work at Hotel Teatro went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. The location is great, you are within walking distance of Larimar Square, 16th Street mall and the PepsiCenter. Tons of good restaurants and shops nearby. This will be our hotel to stay at in Denver. We had a blast! Thanks Hotel Teatro.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank betz_36
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I have been meaning to write a review of the Hotel Teatro for a number of months. I travel to Denver fairly frequently and I always stay at the Hotel Teatro. From the welcome at the front door, to the wonderful front desk team, to the amazing rooms there is no better place to stay. The service in a hotel like this is everything. Just before Christmas this year I had a car accident while driving to Denver. When I finally made it to the hotel I mentioned what a horrible day I had had. I left the hotel to head to an event, but when I returned to the hotel later that evening the hotel staff sent a bath butler to my room to run me a hot bath to help with my whip lash. That is 5 star service. They remember me every time I check in and are always so kind. I have offtern recommended the hotel to friends and everyone who stays there loves it.
Thank you to all the staff at the Teatro who always make my trips to Denver wonderful. You are the best.
P.S. They have the best beds and linens!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I stayed at the hotel Teatro, one night for business. My colleague and I got upgrade to the rooms on the last floor. Small but nice rooms with access to the balconee.
The hotel is stylish, well decorated, very clean and the staff is friendly and helpful.
This will be my hotel when I do to Denver!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business