“Hotel close to airport”

Hampton Inn Denver - International Airport
Ranked #51 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We selected this hotel of being close to airport. Hotel is under renovation. I dont know if we get renovated room or not, but it was regular room which needed upgrade. Breakfast was on a lower end of Hampton Hotel group. Its a small diner next to hotel entrance - eat there.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank VSPE

Reviewed 28 July 2012

We have stayed at Hampton Inns from North Carolina to California and always find them to be comfortable and inviting with rooms that are conveniently appointed. We were disappointed that this was not the case with the Denver Airport Hampton on Tower Road. The room was very small and while the bed was clean, the duvet was so lumpy it was almost funny. The bathroom was also quite small with minimal counter space and there were only two bath towels. I had to search for the housekeeper to find an extra. There was no evening welcome reception that we have come to enjoy when staying at Hampton Inns. The WiFi was so slow it would have been better to say it wasn't available. Even email took minutes to download. I love getting USA Today at my door and I was disappointed that it was not to be found when we awoke to prepare for our flight home. Breakfast was ok but certainly not up to par with others we've experienced. We had a wonderful stay at the Denver Tech Center Hampton Inn just the week before so the comparison was really apparent.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank mimi5300
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We wanted close to downtown Denver and Airport and location was perfect. Nice new hotel with updated rooms and exercise room. I have stayed at many Hamptons around the country and this was one of the top Hamptons I have been too.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 10 July 2012

If you travel to Denver much, you know that there is a little city of hotels all located together within a few miles of the airport. Thus, this Hampton Inn is super convenient to the airport. Among all 15 of so of the hotels located together, this Hampton is on the lower end of the range of pricing (e.g. $105 per night). Some in the group were cheaper, but not many, and most in the group were more expensive. The room was clean. The breakfast was decent. Otherwise, the facilities were dated, and the service was pretty poor. That said, for $100 a night, my expectations were not that high to begin with.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Hampton Inn hotels are some of my favorite places to stay- they are reasonably priced and offer consistently good, clean rooms. I arrived late and booked the reservation last minute as my outgoing flight from DIA was cancelled and couldn't be re-booked til morning. While the front desk agent on the phone sounded half asleep, she got me a room and they sent a shuttle over quickly within a few minutes. This property is a little older than other Hamptons that I have stayed with, but the rooms were very clean, quiet, and the bed was the same high quality that I usually expect. The shuttle service in the morning was right on time, and couldn't have been easier. Overall a very good stay - reinforcing the fact that I am a Hilton fan.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I live in Denver, so I wouldn't typically stay at this Hampton Inn. Unfortunately, my travel schedule had me flying into Denver late and out early in the morning so I booked a stay here hoping to get some sleep. I called the front desk early in the night to confirm they had airport shuttle service, and was told to go to island 3 outside door 511 when I landed. Upon my arrival, I tried calling the front desk 3 times to confirm the shuttle, but no one answered the phone. It rang endlessly. Finally a shuttle bus arrived, and the driver said it was the "Aiport Hampton". We started to leave the airport for the 5 mile drive, and then the shuttle turned back to pick up more arrivals. At this point, it would have been quicker to drive home! After picking up the additional passengers, we headed down Pena Blvd passing the Tower Road exit. I ask the driver why we passed the exit. Come to find out, there is a second airport Hampton Inn, and we are going to the wrong one. I am currently waiting for the other Hampton Inn to send a shuttle driver to pick me up...two hours after I landed. Terrible customer service! I will never stay at a Hampton Inn again. The first driver didn't even offer to drop me off a the right hotel, even though he drives right by it on his way to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Marc D
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The morning I checked out, 6/11/12, I asked the lady at the front desk seversl questions a out tha van to the airport and got very tired nod of the head answers. Nothing was offered and except a very poor front desk experience. The rest of the stay was up to Hilton standards.

• Stayed: June 2012