“Awesome food, amazing green chili!”

Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #158 of 3,044 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stapleton
Description: Southern Bar-B-Q in Denver, Colorado. Meats are slow-smoked for 24 hours around the clock. All trimmings are made fresh from scratch daily (not one freezer in the whole building). Dine In, To Go, Drive Thru, Private Dining, or Catering available.
Denver, Colorado
“Awesome food, amazing green chili!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The burgers will weigh you down, they are HUGE! The green chili is hot, get it with the pinto beans in it to cool it down. The staff is amazing! Try the posole in the winter, super yummy!

Visited October 2013

Fearrington Village
“Always a Good Choice”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I ate here twice on a recent trip to Denver. The spare ribs are always excellent as are the sides. They seem to maintain quality and consistency in all their restaurants. Service is prompt and friendly. Overall an excellent choice and value.

Visited August 2014
Conifer Colorado
“Ordered Take Out”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Getting more expensive for less quantity and quality. They recommend the Spare Ribs, but they were very fatty. Go with the Baby Back. May have to find a new BBQ restaurant...

Visited August 2014
Dodgeville, Wisconsin
“Awesome. Just Awesome. ”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Went here for dinner while on family vacation. It was near our hotel and several other restaurants, so we walked in hoping we had chosen wisely. The staff was amazing, and the food even better. Beer was ice cold, and we could have gone through baskets of the little rolls they brought out as we waited for our food. They were absolutely delicious! I ordered a loaded baked potato (piled with barbecue pork, butter, sour cream, green onions and cheese) and added a side of mac and cheese, worried that a baked potato might not fill me up. The mac and cheese - though some of the best I've ever had - was unnecessary... The potato was HUGE. So good too!

This place is wonderful in every way. Highly recommend it!

Aurora, Colorado
“Not for those with food issues!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have Celiac Disease, so dining out can be difficult. Some places get it and some miss the mark. This place was off the chart with their miss. I called ahead to inquire about a gluten free menu and was told they do not have one. The guy (M) was nice and said, I could address all my concerns with the manager when I can in. I do that anyway if needed. I then asked if they have wheat in their dry rub and was told no. So my son and I went for dinner while waiting for a movie to start. I informed the waiter that I have CD and ask who I should speak to. He said he could take care of everything. Okay. I asked a list of questions about the food and prep and which he answered or went to get the answer and returned with an appropriate reply. In the end, I ordered a loaded bake potato with pulled pork. 3/4 of the way done, I noticed a small piece of mac n cheese in my potato. I have no idea how much I ate because everything was under the pork. Yes, I had a hissy! The assistant manager that was supposed to be overseeing the prep, was very apologetic, but that doesn't help one bit, if I get sick, and I have! I don't blame the waiter, because he can't stand there and watch them make the food and he placed the order with all the proper notations. The assistant asked if there was anything she could do for me? Really? I could not believe her. I asked for the main manager, the corporate phone number and the district manager's number. I got the lead manager's business card from the assistant and more information that says that the kitchen staff has no real procedures for handling CD or even food allergies. If the head doesn't lean properly, however will the tail follow! I have a call to make. Everything would have been okay had it not been for being glutened and the poor way it was handled.

• Visited August 2014

Been to Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q? Share your experiences!