“Quiet and Comfortable”

Ranked #82 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Quiet and Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

Located close to the Airport in a cluster of hotel chains, it's very convenient with a Shuttle to the airport every half hour. The lobby is nicely decorated and they have a little area next to the elevators with coffee, tea, and water. They also have snacks and drinks that you can purchase right next to check in area.

The rooms are comfortable and pleasantly quiet. My room had an area with a refrigerator and coffee maker. The bathroom was large with plenty of counter space and a large shower (no tub). Moen showerhead with good water pressure too! Lots of toiletries including mouthwash and body lotion. Plenty of electrical outlets located throughout the room to charge your phone or laptop (or plug in the iron).

Overall, I had a pleasant stay and a good night's sleep here. I would recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
HolidayInnDIA, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 3 November 2012
Thank you for the nice review. We are in the hospitality industry because it is our passion to serve our guests and provide an exceptional experience. We appreciate you pointing out that we do put out extra amenities to make guests feel appreciated as well. I’m glad your experience was not anything short of that. Thanks again for the nice comments and we hope to see you again next time you are in Denver. Ashley Luman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

If you are looking for a hotel to stay at close to the airport this is a great pick. I am actually surprised to see it so low on the list. I believe this is on the main road near the airport. I couldn't rate on if getting here was good for the average person because we took a shuttle. In fact, we were given vouchers by the airline to stay here because of our flight but I am so happy we got to rest here for the evening. The hotel smells nice when you come in. Front desk was nice and very efficient. The rooms were comfy and clean. We had a great view in the morning. I would have loved to have more covers on the bed, they were very thin and we had to use the covers from the other double bed to cover up. The shower was nice and you are given plenty of tolietries should you need them. They provide you with both soft and firm pillows depending on what type of pillow you need. The only resturant they had was built in to the hotel and it was OK. The staff was friendly there but they were understaffed for our early morning visit. The hotel also had an area to purchase snacks, tolietries and other things that you may need. You would definitely need a car if you wanted to go into Denver cause this is right near the airport and I was told the Denver airport is not exactly close to anything. Cannot rate the value because we did not pay for it.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R-N-JTRAVELS
HolidayInnDIA, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Thank you for this nice review. We hope you will choose our hotel the next time you are in Denver. I am always particularly glad to hear whenever someone received great service from the staff. We are in the hospitality industry because it is our passion to serve our guests and provide an exceptional experience! I’m glad your experience was not anything short of that. Thanks again for the nice comments and I am very glad to hear everything was very accomodating to your needs. Ashley Luman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

I was here with four women for a Professional Organization board meeting- The staff went out of their way to accomadate our every need. The check in process was smooth, we had a nice dinner in the Sports News off the lobby and excellent breadfast the next morning. The rooms were spotless, the shuttle ran on time and the staff was attentive and helpful. What else can a traveler ask from a Holiday Inn??

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for the review. We are in the hospitality industry because it is our passion to serve our guests and provide an exceptional experience! I’m glad your experience was not anything short of that. Thanks again for the nice comments and we hope to see you again next time you are in Denver. Ashley Luman
Big Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

I am always curious on the reviews of some guests. Traveling 70+ nights a year I have my share of good and bad experiences but to keep thing in perspective it takes two to tango if you will. My experience at this property was very good. This property sits directly on the street, there is a Holiday Inn Express behind this building. There is a steady stream of folks that thought they booked with one property, but in fact had the wrong location. My experience with this property was better than my one at the HI Express back in June 2010.
Front desk check in was efficient. The front desk clerk took the time to explain their shuttle policy. Due to the number of flight crews and guests that utilize the shuttle they require guests to sign up. Seems reasonable.
The room was very clean, my room was a suite with a separate seating area w/ flat screen tv, work station and sofa. Internet service was very good. Bathroom was also clean, standard HI amenities. Shower had great pressure and plenty of hot water. Bed was comfortable and the HVAC was effiecient and quiet. One additional plus is tha adjoining restaurant which I used twice during my stay. Se reveiws under Sporting News Grill.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for the review. The hotel sells itself as it is new and very nice; therefore, I am always particularly glad to hear whenever someone received great service from the staff. We are in the hospitality industry because it is our passion to serve our guests and provide an exceptional experience! I’m glad your experience was not anything short of that. Thanks again for the nice feedback in regards to bothe the hotel and the restaurant.
Ashley Luman
California, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

I attended a service conference at this hotel with an organization I belong to.

The rooms were comfortable, the coffee was free and plentiful and the wi-fi was freely available too! The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful, even with some of the more unusual requests. Unfortunately the food service staff were a little unprepared for food service in the Sports News Restaurant. Sometimes it took a while to get breakfast and/or lunch.

Overall, most of the experience was very satisfactory.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the sunrise are very nice, great view!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
HolidayInnDIA, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Thank you for the review. I am always particularly glad to hear whenever someone received great service from the staff. We are in the hospitality industry because it is our passion to serve our guests and provide an exceptional experience! I’m glad your experience was not anything short of that. Thanks again for the nice comments. We enjoyed having your group and we apologize that the staff was not as prepared as they needed to be but we appreciate the feedback to pass along. Ashley Luman
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

First off, they have created a sort of "hotel ghetto" near the Denver Airport that is neither attractive, nor particularly convenient. I booked at the Holiday Inn, which is directly in front of the more down-market Holiday Inn Express, because of its promimity to the airport. I had a bad experience booking, having reserved a room on either end of my business trip. When I had to cancel the stay at the head of my trip, they mistakenly cancelled the stay at the end of my trip as well. Luckily I happened to notice it when I went to check my reservation online, but when I asked to have the reservation reinstated, it was done so at a higher rate.

The woman who "greeted" me at check-in was clearly having a bad day. She was the most grim check-in staffer I think I've ever encountered. But she notified me that I was upgraded to a superior room because I'm a gold level member of their club. The room/suite was quite large but not very well designed. There was a very dark sitting area immediately inside the door with a wet-bar area and empty mini-fridge. The bathroom was OK, and the separate bedroom had a reasonably comfortable king bed, but it was immediately next to the air-con/heating wall unit. Luckily I'm not a light sleeper, but I heard someone complaining on the shuttle to the airport about the noisy equipment next to the bed--so apparently my room wasn't the only one with that configuration.

I had dinner at the hotel's sports-bar restaurant, since there is really no other choice unless you have a car--and it was a mistake. Mediocre service; it seemed that most of the beers on the menu were no longer available; after striking out on three brands, the waitress finally handed me her hand-written list of what was actually available. I ordered the ribs for dinner, which were tough and clearly had been microwaved. They were messy to eat, so I went to wash my hands in the restroom, and when I came back, my table had been cleared--including my half-drunken beer.

When I checked out the next morning, I asked for the next shuttle to the airport, which is not immediately nearby. I was told that I should have made a reservation the night before, since most were now booked up. It would have been nice is Ms. Grumpy had told me that at check-in, since she knew I didn't have a car. So I had to wait in the lobby for about 45 minutes, and the shuttle was still overbooked, with one elderly passenger having to sit on the step-stool they use to load the van.

I got a good night's sleep, but the rest of the experience was less than satisfying.

Room Tip: See if there are any rooms that don't have the loud air-con/heater immediately next to the bed.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ingmar53
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Dear Ingmar53,

Thank you so much for being a Priority Club member and for your candid review of our hotel. I am pleased to read that you had a good night's sleep. I am sorry to see you received service that was less than satisfactory. I have taken note of your comments regarding the staff and your experience at the restaurant, these will be passed on to the right departments. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
New Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

If you have to stay near the airport, this is a good spot. After spending a whole day on the road, all I wanted was to check in, return my rental car and go to sleep.
The shuttle will only pick you up from the airport. I had to returned the rental car, take their shuttle to the airport and call 5 times for Holiday Inn shuttle. They share their shuttle with Best Western so there was a lot of waiting and stopping. It took me 1.5 hours to get back to the hotel after returning the rental car.
I wasn't too thrilled to discover that the housekeeping never changed the pillow cover or the bed sheet. I had to ask the hotel to provide me with new (washed) pillow covers and bed sheet and I changed as there was no housekeeping available after 10pm.
Will I stay there again??? if I get stuck at Denver Airport, yes I will.. it is convenient..
that's about it..

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, beware of loud A/C unit
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank sbk225
HolidayInnDIA, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
First off, I want to thank you for writing a review of your stay. This particular review will be a topic of discussion at a staff meeting. We take great pride in the cleanliness of this hotel. We strive to go far above and beyond the expectations of the guests for cleanliness. We change all linens including the pillow cases and pillow cover every time. The housekeeping manager is following up all the room attendants to ensure this procedure and policy is happening 100% of the times without fail. I am glad to hear that you would stay here again. Please contact me, Brian Leiker-GM, next time you are in the area so I can personally take care of you.

Thanks again.