“Spacious rooms, good service, but oh my the flies!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport
Ranked #82 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Branson, Missouri
“Spacious rooms, good service, but oh my the flies!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Our room was spacious and lovely, and most of the front desk staff were friendly and helpful. One young man offered an enthusiasc recommendation to a local restaurant,DiCiccos Italian Restaurant, which was excellen!. My colleagues had eaten lunch in the hotel and all they could talk about was the flies! We visited in October and I guess that must be when the flies anticipate the cooler weather, so they invaded the restaurant in droves. The restaurant staff said they spray every night and every morning, but can't control the flies. Hmmmm....that is pretty disgusting between the flies and the poison chemicals, but I don't know what else they can do.
Shuttle service is fast and friendly, but be sure to tell them you are on Tower Road or you'll have to ride back to the airport and start all over.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
HolidayInnDIA, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Thank you for the review. We are in the hospitality industry because it is our passion to serve our guests and provide an exceptional experience! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and the service was accomodating for you. Thanks again for the nice comments and we hope to see you again next time you are in Denver. We are very sorry about the experience in the restaurant with the flies and have passed this information along to the restaurant manager. Ashley Luman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

Excellent hotel, close to the airport. Shuttle service is very convenient & ran on time. Good sized room with comfortable beds & very clean. Our room had a nice view towards the Rockies. The restaurant downstairs was very handy & quite good. Hotel staff were extremely polite & helpful. We were surprised & impressed with a phonecall about 2 hours after we'd checked in enquiring if everything was ok & did we need anything. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie T
HolidayInnDIA, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 3 November 2012
Thank you for the review. We are in the hospitality industry because it is our passion to serve our guests and provide an exceptional experience! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and the service was accomodating for you. Thanks again for the nice comments and we hope to see you again next time you are in Denver. Ashley Luman
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

Located close to the Airport in a cluster of hotel chains, it's very convenient with a Shuttle to the airport every half hour. The lobby is nicely decorated and they have a little area next to the elevators with coffee, tea, and water. They also have snacks and drinks that you can purchase right next to check in area.

The rooms are comfortable and pleasantly quiet. My room had an area with a refrigerator and coffee maker. The bathroom was large with plenty of counter space and a large shower (no tub). Moen showerhead with good water pressure too! Lots of toiletries including mouthwash and body lotion. Plenty of electrical outlets located throughout the room to charge your phone or laptop (or plug in the iron).

Overall, I had a pleasant stay and a good night's sleep here. I would recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for the nice review. We are in the hospitality industry because it is our passion to serve our guests and provide an exceptional experience. We appreciate you pointing out that we do put out extra amenities to make guests feel appreciated as well. I’m glad your experience was not anything short of that. Thanks again for the nice comments and we hope to see you again next time you are in Denver. Ashley Luman
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

If you are looking for a hotel to stay at close to the airport this is a great pick. I am actually surprised to see it so low on the list. I believe this is on the main road near the airport. I couldn't rate on if getting here was good for the average person because we took a shuttle. In fact, we were given vouchers by the airline to stay here because of our flight but I am so happy we got to rest here for the evening. The hotel smells nice when you come in. Front desk was nice and very efficient. The rooms were comfy and clean. We had a great view in the morning. I would have loved to have more covers on the bed, they were very thin and we had to use the covers from the other double bed to cover up. The shower was nice and you are given plenty of tolietries should you need them. They provide you with both soft and firm pillows depending on what type of pillow you need. The only resturant they had was built in to the hotel and it was OK. The staff was friendly there but they were understaffed for our early morning visit. The hotel also had an area to purchase snacks, tolietries and other things that you may need. You would definitely need a car if you wanted to go into Denver cause this is right near the airport and I was told the Denver airport is not exactly close to anything. Cannot rate the value because we did not pay for it.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R-N-JTRAVELS
HolidayInnDIA, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Thank you for this nice review. We hope you will choose our hotel the next time you are in Denver. I am always particularly glad to hear whenever someone received great service from the staff. We are in the hospitality industry because it is our passion to serve our guests and provide an exceptional experience! I’m glad your experience was not anything short of that. Thanks again for the nice comments and I am very glad to hear everything was very accomodating to your needs. Ashley Luman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

I was here with four women for a Professional Organization board meeting- The staff went out of their way to accomadate our every need. The check in process was smooth, we had a nice dinner in the Sports News off the lobby and excellent breadfast the next morning. The rooms were spotless, the shuttle ran on time and the staff was attentive and helpful. What else can a traveler ask from a Holiday Inn??

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for the review. We are in the hospitality industry because it is our passion to serve our guests and provide an exceptional experience! I’m glad your experience was not anything short of that. Thanks again for the nice comments and we hope to see you again next time you are in Denver. Ashley Luman
Big Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

I am always curious on the reviews of some guests. Traveling 70+ nights a year I have my share of good and bad experiences but to keep thing in perspective it takes two to tango if you will. My experience at this property was very good. This property sits directly on the street, there is a Holiday Inn Express behind this building. There is a steady stream of folks that thought they booked with one property, but in fact had the wrong location. My experience with this property was better than my one at the HI Express back in June 2010.
Front desk check in was efficient. The front desk clerk took the time to explain their shuttle policy. Due to the number of flight crews and guests that utilize the shuttle they require guests to sign up. Seems reasonable.
The room was very clean, my room was a suite with a separate seating area w/ flat screen tv, work station and sofa. Internet service was very good. Bathroom was also clean, standard HI amenities. Shower had great pressure and plenty of hot water. Bed was comfortable and the HVAC was effiecient and quiet. One additional plus is tha adjoining restaurant which I used twice during my stay. Se reveiws under Sporting News Grill.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for the review. The hotel sells itself as it is new and very nice; therefore, I am always particularly glad to hear whenever someone received great service from the staff. We are in the hospitality industry because it is our passion to serve our guests and provide an exceptional experience! I’m glad your experience was not anything short of that. Thanks again for the nice feedback in regards to bothe the hotel and the restaurant.
Ashley Luman
California, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

I attended a service conference at this hotel with an organization I belong to.

The rooms were comfortable, the coffee was free and plentiful and the wi-fi was freely available too! The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful, even with some of the more unusual requests. Unfortunately the food service staff were a little unprepared for food service in the Sports News Restaurant. Sometimes it took a while to get breakfast and/or lunch.

Overall, most of the experience was very satisfactory.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the sunrise are very nice, great view!