“Nice large rooms”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport
Ranked #78 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is a nice new Holiday Inn. It is right next to the Holiday Inn Express. They were quick to pick up at the airport after I arrived. The person at the counter was pleasant and acted like he really cared about my stay. The lobby was very nice. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean and well lit. Rooms were well lit too. Definitely would come back. I'm looking at the recent reviews and I'm wondering if I'm at the same hotel. I travel 150 nights a year and this place is nice. Sounds like a few people are putting their airport experience on the hotel. Complaining about paper cups? Have you ever seen 20/20 on how glasses do not cleaned?

Room Tip: If IHG member you may get upgraded to suite room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank PhoenisSunDog

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My review has all been said before by others. The pillows are awful, the walls are paper thin, we were awakened at 5am by our neighbors early morning wake up call.
I object to paper cups for coffee and even worse disposable plastic glasses.
The hotel needs updating it is rather tired. My biggest gripe was when exiting the shower the floor was sticky.
The staff were very helpful,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank warwkscruiseholic
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear warwkscruiseholic,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the issues you had with most of our amenities and and then noise challenges you have encountered. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Dhan M

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is by far the worst experience I've ever had. I travel all year and this hotel customer service is horrible. All I heard was what they couldn't do for me. Flight was cancelled, next flight bumped up , tried to get shuttle and I was told well sorry if you miss your flight but we can't do anything as the shuttle and driver were standing right in front of me. Do NOT stay here, best western is 100 times better. Good luck

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank AlwaysTraveling213
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear AlwaysTraveling213,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We take all feedback from our guests seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations with regards to the shuttle service.. We would like to address your experience further, and have sent you an email with additional details.

Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us.

Connie D

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I had stayed there on my own in 2012 so we stayed there last year with a group of some 25 people. The reservation process for the rooms was smooth with them accepting my Diners Club card for the payment. As I did not see the booking on my credit card after our stay I asked them if there was an issue and I was told that they do not accept Dinners and that I had to supply another card. So the matter was settled 3 weeks after after our stay. I was rather scared during the trip.
Then the breakfast arrangement was not perfect at all. During our stay me noticed that the deal proposed was overpriced and not well presented. Our buffet style breakfast at a price of some 18 Dollars was set up in the back and the presentation was rather poor. I don't understand why they did not let us eat at the Sports Bar with the other guests.
For the rest the location is perfectly close to the airport, the check-in was more or less ok and the Sports Bar inside the hotel is also to recommend for a a drink or a meal.
So due to the issues with the payement I think that we will try another hotel the next time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Rene D,

We value all feedback we receive from our guests as it allows us to improve and provide the best experience possible. It is good to know you found our hotel location convenient for your travel needs. However, I am sorry to hear that your experience fell short of your expectations and apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced caused by the staff service as well as our breakfast service. Please be assured that we do take all feedback seriously, and we will look into them accordingly.

Again, thank you for your valuable review. I hope you give us the opportunity to regain your confidence by providing the level of quality service that you expect on your next visit.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a Priceline Express Deal as I made the reservation last minute due to weather. The check in process was quick and easy. The hotel has a good location near the airport. I would have eaten at the restaurant however there was a 20 minute wait to get a table so I ate at a restaurant down the street. On a prior stay the hot tub had been much cooler than normal -- this time the temperature was very good. The one negative I would say is that I agree with prior commenters that the walls seem to be very thin in this motel. This is my second stay here and I have noted that fact both times. For the amount I paid I felt this was a good deal for one night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
HolidayInnDIA, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Drjohann,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel! I'm very glad our hotel and the location made your last minute inconvenience easy for you to deal with. I apologize that we had such a long wait in our Sporting News Grill restaurant and you weren't able to enjoy our great food. Hopefully if you're in our area again you'll be able to try our Buffalo Bison Burger it's delicious! I appreciate you letting us know about the issue with the walls we are definitely going to look into this matter to improve the quality of our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

This is a very good version of the new Holiday Inn. My room was very spacious and comfortable. The restaurant in the hotel is much better than expected. Nothing fancy, just a sports bar, but the food and atmosphere were good. Very close to the airport. Ten minutes to the car rental return, but they do have shuttles to and from the airport. I was pleased with the service and the comfortable and quiet room.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My first time staying at this hotel...I am not a Holiday Inn fan. Some of the reviews were just whiney people and some right on. The one complaining about the paper thin walls was right on target. If you were at home these people would be in the next room, that's how thin the walls are. I, for hours, have been listening to a couple in the next room and they sound like they are talking normal and I can almost make out their conversation. If I stood at the wall I probably could. Terrible!!!! And disturbing!!!! I hope I never have to stay here again. The pillows are another issue...these nice, neat little fluffy packets that look like a tiny square are ridiculous and hurt my neck and I cannot sleep on them. Fluffy and thick doesn't make a good pillow. Maybe they should have done a customer survey. I will say though I went to the front desk and asked if by any chance they had other pillows and they did and gave me a "normal" pillow. And that I appreciate! They actually agreed with me and I appreciated that as well. Staff is nice!! The higher end hotels and even some lower all have "normal" pillows. Don't mess with folks' bedding...that's not where to make the change. Maybe use all those useless pillows if they ever get smart enough to change that, and stuff the walls to insulate them from the folks in the next room. The room was clean and nicely appointed but it's as much about cleanliness, appeareance, as it is sleep quality. And when sleep quality is lost due to the transparency of the walls then you lose a customer. I would rather pay more than lose sleep quality. One additional note: I notice the answers to the reviewers is almost verbatim the same, no matter the issue. No one wants a form reply.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel...sleep quality is too important...bad pillows and noisy neighbors is what mak...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank marymowery
HolidayInnDIA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Marymowery,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at my Holiday Inn DIA. I was so sorry to hear about the lack of comfort you experienced during your stay at the hotel.
I am happy to report that all Holiday Inn's and Holiday Inn Express Hotels are getting new pillows in April. IHG has been listening to our guest’s feedback and realized that a change is needed. I truly hope you will give our brand another chance once the new pillows are in place.
I was very pleased to hear that our staff did make a great impression on your and were able to accommodate you with a different pillow.
Your feedback was amazing and I can GTD you that I will use it to ensure that we do provide better service to meet the needs of our guests.
Thank you again for the review, and I hope we will see you in Sunny Denver again soon.