“Typical Holiday Inn”

Ranked #79 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Toronto
“Typical Holiday Inn”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Not much to say - it was a Holiday Inn like all of the rest. The room was clean and comfortable.
Convenient location - by the airport. It was a bt confusing since there are 2 Hoidy Inns rit net to each other.
This location does not include breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnDIA, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear HCoppin,

I would like to thank you for posting comment on your recent stay. Without the feedback of our customers we would not be able to correct the issue that can unfortunately occur from day to day. I was disappointed to hear that you experienced some confusion with the two Holiday Inns being right next to each other. As a full service hotel our restaurant is here to provide breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am sorry to hear that you were not informed of the packages that include breakfast. I apologize if these issues caused any inconveniences in your travels. As a valued guest, your feedback is highly appreciated. We look forward to serving you better on your next visit to the Denver area.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New Canaan
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Needed to stay one night near airport; hotel shuttle was fast picking me up at airport, and you make a reservation for what time you need it in the morning to return to airport. Arrived exactly on time. room was clean, all good. Really am baffled by all the negative reviews. As an airport hotel, which is what it is, it was perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnDIA, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Hello StRaymond,

I would first like to thank you for your recent stay with us and I was so happy to hear that you had any enjoyable stay. I also want to thank you for taking the time to write a revue. It is the feedback from our guest that keeps us striving for perfection. We look forward to your next visit.

Steamboat Springs
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here for the park and fly option and found that the hotel had poor, unreliable and unfriendly shuttle service. There are also few dining options in the area. The rooms were nice and check-in was easy but if your main reason for staying is the ease of having shuttle service than I would suggest staying somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank sbpeed
HolidayInnDIA, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Sbpeed,
I would like to thank you for posting comment on your recent stay. Without the feedback of our customers we would not be able to correct the issue that can unfortunately occur from day to day. I was disappointed to hear that you experienced an unfriendly shuttle service. As an airport property our shuttle service is very important to us. I apologize if these issues caused any inconveniences in your travels. I will be working with the shuttle drives to ensure these issue do not happen again.

As a valued guest, your feedback is highly appreciated. We look forward to serving you better on your next future visit to Denver.

Bella Vista, Arkansas
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This is a truly outstanding Holiday Inn. Furnishings are modern, crisp, and clean. My room was extremely large and very comfortable. Bye only complaint would be the lack of dining options nearby. There is a restaurant in the hotel, with ordinary hotel fare. Ruby Tuesday, and a Village inn our within walking distance. There's also a 7-Eleven in the event that you need a convenience store. That's about it though.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mike W
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had to spend one very brief night here on lay over. I had called the front desk earlier in the week to ask about the free shuttle from the airport and was told that all I had to do was call and they would come get me. When we arrived at the airport I called and was told someone would be there within 6 minutes to go outside and wait.... so I waited, and I waited, and I waited, and I waited ... along with several other customers. Every time we would call we were told they have three vans out and they cant understand why we are waiting so long .. some people over an hour. Turns out they don't have their own van and share it with several hotels along Tower Rd so you are juggling for spots with people from other hotels as well .... I honestly didn't sleep the entire night I was there with worry that the shuttle that we were suppose to take us back to the airport for our early morning flight would be the same situation! Other than that it was a standard hotel room - our room was clean although two of our pillows had a strange fishy smell to them - good internet and cable.Did not get to use anything else at the hotel because we spent so much time standing outside of the airport waiting for the shuttle. Our morning shuttle was full but filled with only passengers from our hotel so we made it on time for our flight. They do put a surcharge on your credit even if you prepay for your room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear 257Becca,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm happy to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and appreciate the internet service. However, I am so sorry about your experience with our hotel shuttle and pillow condition. I appreciate your feedback as it will be shared in order to avoid a similar experience as it is our goal to provide excellent service and accommodations to all our guests.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Zelyn N
Marcellus, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night after flying into Denver and I booked this hotel based on TA ratings. I was *very* disappointed.

The hotel hallway (6th floor) was littered with trash up and down the length of it. Safety pins, lint, string, plastic bits, food, you name it, it was there - there was even a roll-away decorated with dirty towels right near the elevators. I made the front desk aware of the issue (~8pm) and they thanked me and said they would take care of it. Got up in the morning and went to check out around 10:30 and it was exactly the same.

The room itself was small and dingy. Blood stain on the bedding (ick!), tattered linens, dust and dirt on the bathroom counter. You get the idea.

I did address the issues mentioned above with the front desk upon checkout and the gentleman I spoke with adjusted my rate. Honestly, though, I was looking for a nice hotel stay, not a bargain. I would not stay here again, no matter how inexpensive it was.

Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere. Even the HI Express directly behind this hotel looked more promising. This stay will actually influence my ever staying at a HI again.

• Stayed July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear GracieCNY,

Ben J
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn near the Denver International Airport using my IHG Rewards Club points for the first time. Thankfully we did not pay for this room, but I want my points back.

Two of the pillows for one of the beds were on the floor. There was tissue paper wadded up in the peephole. There was still trash in the can in the restroom. There were two pennies and a piece of paper on the floor near the desk. While we probably should have complained, it was a long day and we were flying out in the morning, so we did not complain to the front desk.

Ignoring the above, I can say the staff was friendly upon arrival, the hotel was easy to get to and otherwise appeared to be clean. It is in a good location for a quick trip to the rental car locations and the airport.

Hopefully this was a unique occurrence and not the norm at this location.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Chris E,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. It is nice to know that you found our staff friendly, and that our location was suitable during your travel. I am surprised to see the points you have raised about the room quality, since they seem to be an exception in our daily high standards. I apologize if these aspects have caused any inconvenience. Also, thank you for highlighting them, as we can now focus on improvements and ensure similar situations do not reoccur.

As a valued IHG Rewards Club member, your feedback is highly appreciated. We look forward to serving you better on your next future visit to Denver.

Warm Regards,