“WOW! Very pleased with our stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport
Ranked #79 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We were in town for a meeting that was going on across the street at the Marriott Courtyard. We stayed 1 night and it was fabulous! We were able to check-in early. We used the fitness facility twice while there and were pleased with it. The bed was very comfortable and the King room was very nice. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area or flying DEN. Staff were exceptional!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
hixdia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for sharing about your stay at our Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport. We appreciate your business and would love to have you stay with us again the next time you are here near the Denver Airport.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I've stayed here before. While it is a chain with the typical chain furnishings and such, I find this a great place to stay when I am in Denver. The desk staff is so helpful with shuttles, parking, taxis, etc. I wish every place I stayed had such friendly, well-trained staff. The rooms are always clean and quiet. There is a nice restaurant across the way in the nearby Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
hixdia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

We just want to thank you for your positive comments about our hotel. We do our best to accommodate every request and need of all of our customers. Thank you again and come see us the next time you our passing through DIA.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed at the Denver airport Holiday Inn Express because it was convenient and because I find the beds comfortable for my complicated back. Yes, the bed was very comfortable and the pillows were great. Check in was fine, even well after midnight. The room was clean, but the bedside lamps would not go on. After some exploration, we found neither bedside lamp was plugged in which seems odd. My only warning is that if you do not care for Fox News, do not plan to eat breakfast at the free buffet since they have the large TV tuned to that station.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
hixdia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thank you for sharing about your stay here at our hotel. Your input will help us to improve our service in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Room was clean and we were not staying very long so it was okay, but I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels and this just didn't give me the same feel. Room was dated. They had converted the old lamps with funny switches to flourescents, which was okay except it wouldn't turn off so I had to unplug lamp.

Arrived late (9:45 pm) and took a few minutes for desk person to know we were there and come out. Then answered phone and talked while we were checking in and held conversation on 2-way radio with other staff member. I don't mind efficiency but was done while she was asking me questions also.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I arrived in Denver on business late one evening and decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express since it was close to the airport and there was a free shuttle service. Upon arriving I checked in and the front desk staff was delightful. But thats where things started to go wrong. Three different card keys later I gave up getting into the room they assigned me. They eventually moved me to another room. And while the room was nicely appointed there was a big stain on the carpet next to the bed and the AC unit was very noisy. I did like the idea that the window could be opened so after an 18 hour day I had no trouble going to sleep. The one thing that redeemed the HI Express was breakfast. They put on a real nice breakfast with sausage, bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, pancakes and a host of other items. It was very good and I started my day much happier than when I arrived. I would recommend the hotel despite the issues I experienced, but I hope the management takes the initiative to clean the carpets and fix the room key systems.

Room Tip: If you encounter a substandard room let them know as they are more than willing to accommodate you.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

We just want to thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at our hotel. We will work hard to address the concerns you had about our property. Please come in and see us again the next time you are in Denver.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed with a friend at the Holiday Inn Express. It was very clean and they were very accommodating in the morning when we had to leave for the airport at 6:00 a.m. The lady at the front desk rounded up breakfast for all of us --- and there was quite a group. I thought that was especially nice of her. She could have left us with just coffee. I also parked my car for the week and all was good when I got back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
hixdia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to exceed your expectations. We just want to thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at our hotel. Please come back on your next trip to Denver.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I've been in and out of the Denver Airport hotels for the past 5 years now - taking the family on ski vacations in the mountains. There are a lot of great hotels by the airport to choose from, but this isn't one of them. The only reason we ended up here was because of our flight being cancelled unexpectedly - this is the hotel that Air Canada put us up in for the night. The staff were unhelpful in every possible way. When I asked for extra keys as our children had to take a separate room, we were told that they were all out of keys. When we asked for the number of a nearby pizza delivery, we were given a number for one that was out of business. In an attempt to arrange a time to get the airport shuttle back in the morning for our rescheduled flight, we were told that the shuttle was full from 7am to 9am - apparently they could only take 5 passengers at a time, every half hour! When my husband asked if the Holiday Inn across the parking lot might be able to take us to the airport, the gal at the counter shrugged and asked if he'd like the phone number for that hotel. Fortunately, we were able to get a ride with the Holiday Inn across the parking lot - no help from the Holiday Inn express! With so many hotels to choose from in the Denver Airport area, I'd definitely never choose this one.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
hixdia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

We just want to apologize for the frustrating experience you and your family had at our hotel, just as your stay here was unexpected so was your arrival to the hotel as the airline never informed us that they were sending an entire plane of already frustrated customers to us, the confusion with the vouchers and the hotel you were supposed to be at were unexpected as well. We are very sorry that we were not able to make the situation better and overcome the obstacles once you arrived. Please give me a call to discuss this further and please reconsider giving us a chance in the future under better circumstances and we promise to make your stay enjoyable.