“During construction Jan-2014, not a good experience”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton
Ranked #17 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Orlando, Florida
“During construction Jan-2014, not a good experience”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I specifically pick Embassy Suites for all my trips; however, this location is under construction. Albiet the rooms were very quiet and no noise was detected after 5pm or earlier than 9am, the pool, hot tub and workout area was closed. There was a 'regular' hot breakfast, but not the make to order omlettes. The happy hour still happened, but not at a bar, there was a roll out table used as a bar. Only one elevator worked - out of 4 - and that one was so very slow!
The price was the same as though we stayed at a full facility Embassy Suites and I couldn't have been more disappointed! Make sure you call to see if construction is completed before wasting your money on this location. Every thing that sets them above the rest - in my book - was not available to me. This did not make a good visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GregMckenna, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for any problems that may have disrupted your stay.We know there are a lot of hotel choices here in Denver and we appreciate you choosing Embassy Suites.
The hotel has been closed for over four months and we have had some obstacles that we are working hard to overcome. Please feel free to contact me directly to further discuss your concerns! Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments about your stay I'd also like to thank you for your patronage.

720-587-5092

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
Sapulpa, United States
Reviewed 27 January 2014

room was not what we were promised. elevator did not work, walked 7 flights of stairs. in the years past breakfast was made on the spot, not this year typical breakfast. If i would have nown the hotel was shut down for a few months would have looked elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

GregMckenna, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Let me start out by saying thank you for staying with us on more than one occasion; your business is greatly appreciated! I did hate to read about your frustration! We have been closed for the last four months and we have run into some obstacles that we could not control and were working hard to get them completed. Can you please send me your information so I can respond to your concerns directly We want all our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations I apologize that that was not the case with your stay. I look forward to hearing from you.

Embassy Suites Denver Stapleton
Whitewater, United States
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Shower head was broke and not working! Called on it and was forced to pack up our stuff and go to a different suite for us all to take showers. Got back to the room the next day and it still wasn't fixed. Had to postpone relaxation after a very long day and wait for maintenance to come to the room while we were there to fix it! Only 2 elevators working! And one of them was making loud noises and jumping and bouncing around when in use. So there was a very long wait to use the elevators that were working and it was frightening to use them once it was your turn! We counted 8 vehicles double parked in the parking lot and so we were told that we would have to park in the handicap spaces!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

GregMckenna, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
.Let me start out by saying thank you for staying with us your business is greatly appreciated! I did hate to read about your frustration with your shower head and elevators. Without knowing exactly what suite(s) you've stayed in; I can't have our Chief Engineer check them for the issues..And since we re-opened we have had elevator issues but we have a team working on them and they should all be working shortly .We hope you will you to stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any other questions or concerns and I hope you r travels bring you back to Denver!

tonkawa, United States
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Once the construction gets done this hotel will be great again. Elevators were slow,2 out of 4 were non functional, breakfast was good but its' usually great. It will be again once the construction is finished and they can get back to their regular set up. Their made to order breakfast is the best. Rooms were great. Staff was awesome. Construction was the only negative.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

First, thank you so much for the kind comments made about our Embassy Suites Hotel. The hotel has been closed since September 12th do to major flooding from the massive rainstorms and we have just recently re-opened after months of hard work and many long hours. We still have a few areas to address, but the property looks better than ever, and the entire team is excited to be greeting our guests once more. And your right once the construction is complete everything will return to normal with one exception we are a brand new hotel.
Here’s hoping your travels find you returning to Denver.

Greg Mckenna
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Poor lighting design with white florescence light create bad feeling and uncomfortable stay. Too dark in the hallway and lobby and breakfast area. Two out of four elevators is not working, and the working one is slow and vibrate a lot. Bad breakfast, not willing to serve you order breakfast; you have to ask for your orange juice or you getting none.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

GregMckenna, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for any problems that may have disrupted your stay. The hotel has been closed for over four months and we have had a few setbacks that we are working hard to overcome. I did receive your Hilton survey and sent you a response. Please feel free to call me directly if you have any other questions or concerns.

720-587-5092
Ellicott City, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I have stayed at a lot of different Embassy Suites. This one was the worst I have stayed in. I stayed here for 5 nights. It was flooded last fall and just reopened. Among the problems: - Heating system: temperature in the room was ALWAYS 72 deg no matter how the thermostat was set. - No hot water at 6:45 am every day. - Internet: completely out for 3 days, intermittent remainder of time. Staff was clueless. - Food & beverage: no beverages other than coffee at breakfast. No water, no tea, no OJ. - Pool was out of order. - Fitness center was out of order. - 2 of 4 elevators were completely out of service. One seemed unsafe, it jumped up and down at every floor before the door opened. - The "clean" towels had long hairs on them. - The bed was short-sheeted every day, with the sheet only up to the middle of the bed.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for any problems that may have disrupted your stay. The hotel has been closed for over four months and we have had a few setbacks that we are working hard to overcome them. I received your comments from Hilton and sent you an email regarding your stay I look forward to hearing from you.

Embassy Suites Denver Stapleton
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed 13 September 2013

If you are going to a concert or any event at Dick's Sporting Goods Stadium, use this hotel. Free shuttle service was great. Rooms were clean. Service was very good. The breakfast was above and beyond. Nothing bad I can say really!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank brianmyers39