“Perfect if you need space”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton
Ranked #18 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Los Angeles, United States
“Perfect if you need space”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

While I rarely spend much time in my room on a business trip, having so much space is excellent. Layout of the hotel is also obvious, so no random wandering or getting lost. Great when you've had a cocktail or four and have to escort your coworkers and boss back to their rooms so you don't all end up explaining to the COO why the police are calling her...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stay at Embassy Suites almost every time I travel and have come to expect the same great quality suites, breakfast, and service. This particular location is under construction as they remodel from when it was originally built to serve Stapleton Airport. The first difficulty experienced was finding that only one of the two elevators on either side of the atrium was functional; this hotel is, again, several decades old so the elevators are extremely slow on top of only two of the four working at all. I eventually climbed 5 flights of stairs. The pool area was completely closed, which no one bothered to mention, so my husband and I looked like fools going down 5 floors in bathing suites only to have another guest say that Embassy Suites had a deal with the nearby La Quinta Inn to use their pool during construction; mind you, this is Denver in January so leaving the hotel in a bathing suit is a bit ridiculous. The worst experience was getting locked into the suite's bedroom. The doors and locks were clearly brand new, but ours malfunctioned and we had to call the front desk to have them rescue us from our bedroom. The remodel looks quite nice and I am sure that once construction is completed that this location will live up to the Embassy Suites reputation, but right now, it makes for one of the worst experiences I have ever had in a hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GregMckenna, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
I wanted to personally apologize for the experience you had at our hotel recently. This is certainly not the standard of service at our hotel and I can assure you that and I will share you r experience with my entire team. We are just finishing a major renovation and your concerns are being addressed! Please contact me directly on your next visit to the Denver area and I will make sure that you are well taken care of! Hope to hear from you soon!

Manager
Embassy Suites Denver Stapleton
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed at the Embassy for a concert at Dick's and could not have been happier with our choice. Although this hotel is not in the heart of Denver, nor walkable to almost anything, it more than makes up for that by providing friendly and welcoming service. We stayed the week before the flood ( a friend has actually sent photos saying isn't this where you stayed?) but at that time, the hotel was a typical Embassy with nice rooms, bar, indoor pool etc. But hopefully all of the same staff are there if they had to close for the water damage, because everyone who worked here was awesome. The Shuttle drivers (and they provide free shuttle to Dick's) were sociable, the breakfast staff went way above and beyond and in every way the staff (who even wore special t-shirts just for that weekend's concert) were helpful and full of smiles.
Tip: The free shuttle will also take you to the grocery store/ liquor store!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I specifically pick Embassy Suites for all my trips; however, this location is under construction. Albiet the rooms were very quiet and no noise was detected after 5pm or earlier than 9am, the pool, hot tub and workout area was closed. There was a 'regular' hot breakfast, but not the make to order omlettes. The happy hour still happened, but not at a bar, there was a roll out table used as a bar. Only one elevator worked - out of 4 - and that one was so very slow!
The price was the same as though we stayed at a full facility Embassy Suites and I couldn't have been more disappointed! Make sure you call to see if construction is completed before wasting your money on this location. Every thing that sets them above the rest - in my book - was not available to me. This did not make a good visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GregMckenna, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for any problems that may have disrupted your stay.We know there are a lot of hotel choices here in Denver and we appreciate you choosing Embassy Suites.
The hotel has been closed for over four months and we have had some obstacles that we are working hard to overcome. Please feel free to contact me directly to further discuss your concerns! Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments about your stay I'd also like to thank you for your patronage.

720-587-5092
Sapulpa, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

room was not what we were promised. elevator did not work, walked 7 flights of stairs. in the years past breakfast was made on the spot, not this year typical breakfast. If i would have nown the hotel was shut down for a few months would have looked elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

GregMckenna, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Let me start out by saying thank you for staying with us on more than one occasion; your business is greatly appreciated! I did hate to read about your frustration! We have been closed for the last four months and we have run into some obstacles that we could not control and were working hard to get them completed. Can you please send me your information so I can respond to your concerns directly We want all our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations I apologize that that was not the case with your stay. I look forward to hearing from you.

Embassy Suites Denver Stapleton
Whitewater, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

Shower head was broke and not working! Called on it and was forced to pack up our stuff and go to a different suite for us all to take showers. Got back to the room the next day and it still wasn't fixed. Had to postpone relaxation after a very long day and wait for maintenance to come to the room while we were there to fix it! Only 2 elevators working! And one of them was making loud noises and jumping and bouncing around when in use. So there was a very long wait to use the elevators that were working and it was frightening to use them once it was your turn! We counted 8 vehicles double parked in the parking lot and so we were told that we would have to park in the handicap spaces!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

GregMckenna, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
.Let me start out by saying thank you for staying with us your business is greatly appreciated! I did hate to read about your frustration with your shower head and elevators. Without knowing exactly what suite(s) you've stayed in; I can't have our Chief Engineer check them for the issues..And since we re-opened we have had elevator issues but we have a team working on them and they should all be working shortly .We hope you will you to stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any other questions or concerns and I hope you r travels bring you back to Denver!

tonkawa, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

Once the construction gets done this hotel will be great again. Elevators were slow,2 out of 4 were non functional, breakfast was good but its' usually great. It will be again once the construction is finished and they can get back to their regular set up. Their made to order breakfast is the best. Rooms were great. Staff was awesome. Construction was the only negative.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

First, thank you so much for the kind comments made about our Embassy Suites Hotel. The hotel has been closed since September 12th do to major flooding from the massive rainstorms and we have just recently re-opened after months of hard work and many long hours. We still have a few areas to address, but the property looks better than ever, and the entire team is excited to be greeting our guests once more. And your right once the construction is complete everything will return to normal with one exception we are a brand new hotel.
Here’s hoping your travels find you returning to Denver.

Greg Mckenna