“Depner Embassy Suites Review”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton
Ranked #19 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The suite was spacious and well laid out, though the décor was modern/severe - more geared toward business than family. We appreciated the fact that there was a door between the sleeping and the sitting area, which allowed my husband to watch late-night TV and me to sleep undisturbed. The complimentary breakfast was the best of any that we had on a 2-week trip of staying at a different hotel every night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Outside -- run down and dirty
Inside -- okay. On par with other Embassy Suites
Suites -- okay. Same setup as other Embassy Suites. Bathroom a little small. Furniture a little cheap and used.
Cleanliness -- okay. Maid service skipped our room twice in the week we stayed. Had to call down and have them bring up towels, etc. It was not because we were in our room, we were out most of the day. By the time we arrived in the evening, we could not get our room serviced as housekeeping was already gone for the day.
Staff -- most were great.
Breakfast -- good.
Room Service Food -- had room service several times, service was great and food was good..
Location -- very good. Close to Stapleton. Close to Highway. Close to airport.
Price -- we had a corporate rate so it was okay. Definitely not worth the going rate (I think it is $159 per night).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GregMckenna, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us, the feedback gives us the opportunity to improve both our service and product. Unfortunately we agree that the exterior of the building looked a bit below par during your visit. This issue is scheduled to addressed right after Memorial Day when the parking lot is resurfaced, and color added to the landscaping beds around the hotel. Saying the weather played a big factor in the timing of the upgrades sounds like an excuse, but that did have a big influence on our schedule. Please accept our apology for not meeting/exceeding your expectations, and if I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to call me direct.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I chose this hotel as I like the price, size and tend to stay in this brand. This location was cleaner and larger than some of the other. I was very pleased! No wait at check-in! I was greeted upon my arrival, I was helped with my bags as I was leaving. Great service! I will book there again on my next business trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Was on a trip to see my boy in Fort Collins and stayed here on the last night of my trip. I stay with Embassy suites three or so times a year and this place is on par with the good ones. Front desk ladies were friendly and helpful. Room was as expected - two clean rooms with a decent bed and two tv's. Breakfast is the best part of a stay at an Embassy Suites and this hotel hit the mark just fine. Its not the Ritz or Motel 6 but it is clean, comfortable and the staff were nice. The hotel is just down the street from a big complex with restaurants, a movie theater and big Bass Pro Shop. It was about a 20 or so minutes to the airport from here as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2014

A decent hotel post refurb, handy for I70, not too far from airport and decent price. The downtown hotel is better for dining but much more expensive and you pay for parking. Overall a decent hotel for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

The remodel really brought this place back to life. We've stayed here before and quit coming. Now the place feels inviting and the staff is great. Even the pool area got a facelift.
There is a nice shopping area close by with great shops.
We would definitely come back if the need arises.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 1 May 2014

It's a bit older but adequate. The room was comfortable and the staff were friendly and accommodating. I didn't use the shuttle but it will take you to the very nice Northfield shopping center which has plenty of eating and entertainment options. My biggest issue was with the restaurant wait staff, who were a little too relaxed in front of the guests. Joking with each other, about each other, competing for tables with each other, putting hands on the guests. Free happy hour and awesome breakfast bar, free wifi. Convenient to the interstate, close to airport. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms near elevators are noisy. Some rooms are directly opposite the ice/vending areas; I would avo...