“One of our Most Enjoyable Stays”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton
Ranked #19 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We just returned from a week long vacation where we attended a sporting competition and therefore travelled with a very large group. The majority of the group stayed at this hotel and we cannot say enough great things about it. Not only were the rooms clean, but the staff was very responsive and attentive to our every need. The food at the hotel restaurant was amazing and every day from 5:30 to 7:30, they hosted a free bar for all of their patrons. In addition to this, the breakfast offered an a-la-carte made to order omelet bar and also offered a wide variety of both cold and hot breakfast items. I would definitely return to this hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

Two thumbs up for this one!!

Room Tip: If you don't require the use of the handicap suite, book the regular room as this will give you...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Ed. D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thanks for your kind remarks about our hotel. Also wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed meeting all the guests who were attending the tournament. It was a great week for us as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,116)

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This is an older but remodeled Embassy Suites. It is roughly halfway between the airport and downtown. The staff is super friendly - loved the bartender Johnny in the bar. The area is not where you typically find an Embassy Suites - an industrial park and I mean big semi trucks and warehouses. It seemed odd and I could not figure out the clientele. I stayed there because I wanted a cheaper Hilton property outside of downtown. The parking was inadequate - they had a meeting and all spots were taken. But the rooms were nice, bathroom was small, but all was renovated. For one night and the great staff it was fine. And Johnny should get a raise.

Stayed: July 2014
Ed. D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. True, the first impression of location can be deceiving. Had you been able to stay longer than the one night you would have had the opportunity to visit the Northfield Entertainment and Shopping District, or had the chance to take in a Colorado Rapids game at nearby Dick's Sporting Goods Stadium. We feel we offer the amenities of center city hotels without the traffic.

Johnny is great, and his personality really shines at all times. I will let him know that his efforts were spotlighted in your comments. And thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We selected this property based on the reputation of Embassy Suites and this property did not disappoint. We arrived after a very long trying day and the nightly reception was just what we needed. An excellent bartender was serving up very nice drinks and there were plenty of fresh, delicious snacks. The hotel is about 20+ years old but nicely updated and close to the interstate for easy access. Very comfortable rooms with updated televisions. You cannot go wrong with this hotel.

Room Tip: We could have used a better view but was not a priority.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ed. D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

I can personally relate to long, trying days traveling with the family. Finally arriving at the hotel, and getting a chance to relax is no small pleasure. We really appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and team. Truly a great way to start our week. Thanks!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Embassy Suites - Denver - Stapleton was a perfect spot for my daughter and I to stay on our short trip to Denver for the World Lacrosse Championship Games 2014. The accommodations were very nice, but the people were even better! We appreciated the complimentary shuttle to the Dick's Sporting Goods Park and to the hotel. The breakfast was nice, particularly the made to order omelets.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thanks for letting us know about your stay with us. Our team really enjoyed being part of the World Lacrosse tournament and getting to meet so many great people that were in Denver to attend the tournament. You have made our day!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I must say that this Embassy really has out done itself. Rooms were beyond clean!! Front desk staff at check in made me and my friends feel so welcome as people. You wouldn't have been able to tell I was a Hilton employee and I really appreciate the staff treating me and my friends as they would anyone else. Ali (black hair/bangs) in suite service was a real joy through out my entire stay. She has a great attitude! As I came in late I asked her what time suite service went to she said "at 11 but you can still call I'd be more then glad to help you don't worry about it", and that's exactly what I did! she always gave me a hello and a friendly smile when I saw her. I wish I got to thank her in person before I left! Overall this hotel surpassed my expectations. I know where ill be staying my next trip to Denver.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Ed. D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

I will make sure that Ali hears about the compliments on her service and attitude. She does an exceptional job for us and we are fortunate to have her as part of our team. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments with us...it is truly appreciated.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

First, this hotel is not close to anything (food, nightlife, everyday conveniences, etc.) which conflicts with their marketing, it is located at the entrance to an industrial park outside of town. I had our company travel agency reserve a room here for a business trip and after realizing the poor location, I called and canceled the room. A month later the room charge appears on my credit card, I call the hotel and they have no record of my cancellation even with the employee's name that took the call, of which I kept as a reference. I since disputed the charge with my bank and the hotel refuses to issue a credit for the room. It was a waste of time reserving the room and the room continues to waste my time in attempting to avoid being taken for $140 by the people here. Of which I've found out also change very frequently. Take my advice listed in the subject line, DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank John T
Ed. D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

I am sorry to hear about the difficulty you are experiencing regarding the billing issue from our hotel. I am not aware of the problem, but I am sure it could be cleared up after more direct communication. I apologize for any misunderstanding that has taken place thus far.

It also appears our location was not convenient for your business purpose. However, I would like to point out that our marketing efforts do not conflict with our location. We are ten minutes from Downtown Denver, and a mile from the Northfield Shopping/Entertainment district. For guests who do not have transportation, we provide shuttle service to Northfield on a regular basis. Located in Northfields are Bass World Pro Store, Macy's, and many other convenient stores. Restaurants include Texas de'Brazil, Bar Louie, Olive Garden, La Sandia, Ling & Louie's, Toby Keith's Bar & Grill, Jim & Nick's, Casey's Irish Pub, Berkshire's; Red Lobster, plus many more smaller locations. I will make sure our team communicates this information better in the future.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us...take care.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I came to Denver to visit my son and to go to a couple of Rocky baseball games with him. The hotel has a great shuttle service to and from the airport, which is a huge plus. Great morning breakfast and nice evening cocktail hour, that adds to the overall value of the hotel. Super location to downtown Denver.

Hotel was clean, service for the most part was great (except for cranky bartender).

I definetely will return for future stays and would recommend to others.

Room Tip: All rooms are open to the atrium. Elevators are slow, so for a full-house, recommend getting a room...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

It is always great to hear from our guests, and we truly appreciate your kind remarks. Yes, the elevators are a bit slow, but we like to think it gives you a few minutes of quiet time to enjoy the view of our atrium. Seriously, we are discussing this issue with our elevator company, and hope to see improvements soon. Again, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel.