“Interesting attraction while in town.”

Denver Museum of Nature & Science
and up
Denver Guided Sightseeing Tour on Motor Scooters
Ranked #4 of 256 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is the Rocky Mountain region’s leading resource for informal science education. A variety of exhibitions, programs, and activities help Museum visitors experience the natural wonders of Colorado, Earth, and the universe.
Reviewed 28 November 2011

The Museum always has a good variety of exhibits based on natural and physical sciences and boosts a huge I-Max theater. The exhibits appeal to both adults and children and change frequently.

There are newer reviews for Denver Museum of Nature & Science

Reviewed 24 November 2011

This was the fifth time I had been to the museum and it never disappoints. There are a ton of things to see that will keep everyone engaged. My favorit part is always the IMAX movie which is a short documentary on the some variety of the animal kingdom. It never disappoints.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Lots to see! We loved the T-Rex experience and the mummies. We will definitely go back. Lots of fun.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

This is a great museum. The planterium shows are consistently great and make you realize just how small you are... Ever wonder why Colorado looks like it does? Used to be an inland sea? How we got all these dinosaurs? Be sure to check out Colorado's history in pictures. It's a permanent exhibit but I make sure I check it out whenever I visit.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

My son (4 y/o) and I went to the Denver Museum on a lark as we returned home, it is a short side trip if you are traveling through Denver on I-25 or I-70. They are in the middle of a remodel but I couldn't tell what we would have missed. My recommendation is to purchase tickets outside at the self-service kiosk's to avoid the lines/crowds inside (you can purchase imax tickets also). This museum is a little old-school and new museum, they still have lots of older style still-life's/diorama's but plenty of interactive material in almost every exhibit for the little ones. It seems like any exhibit with interaction also had plenty of volunteers to discuss or demonstrate. The parking is a little scattered but there is a parking garage on-site.

1. Go to the top (three levels total), currently they have a fantastic T-rex exhibit with robotic dinosaurs with a dozen interactive displays and a live talk set to the theme of Sherlock Holmes.

2. Save plenty of time for the Astronomy exhibit (first floor) if traveling with kids of any age - lots of things to do (touch and play).

3. Don't skip the side halls as they have installed a great photography installation of the unseen items staged in unique manners by a local artist.

4. Search out for the Native American hall, it does a fine job showing most native cultures instead of commonly focusing on the local tribe(s).

I have been to many museum's, this isn't a Smithsonian in scale or scope but it isn't an overpriced viewing gallery just to push you into the gift shop. If you are in Denver with the time to spend stop in. There is a cafe on-site but Colorado Ave (cross-street) and Colfax (nearby cross street) has many more choices from Thai to BBQ.