“Among the best!”

and up
Denver Guided Sightseeing Tour on Motor Scooters
Ranked #4 of 255 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is the Rocky Mountain region’s leading resource for informal science education. A variety of exhibitions, programs, and activities help Museum visitors experience the natural wonders of Colorado, Earth, and the universe.
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Among the best!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I visited the DMNS while in Denver for a conference. This is one of the best museums we have here in the United States. From the ticketing through guest services, through the quality of the exhibits, the Denver Museum of Nature and Science exceeds on all levels. Was there for the final few weeks of the Maya exhibit, and that was a really good one. The standing exhibits are incredible as well - the mineral collection is among the best I've seen (geologist here).

The DMNS also has an IMAX theater along with a planetarium. Tickets for either of these attractions could be purchased at the front desk or from a kiosk located nearby.

• Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Iowa
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Loved it”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We could have spent all day there. So many things, so little time. I especially liked watching the photos of Earth at the Space Odyssey exhibit showing the changes in various parts of the world in terms of water and population density over the past 20 years or so.

2 Thank WeTravel2Learn
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Plan for More Than a Day”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This is a terrific stop to make but you will need more than a day to visit. In addition to the exhibits that are great, take time to sit and enjoy the great views on each floor of the atrium. So much to see and so little time during a short visit.

Austin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Geared towards kids”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I am glad the admission isn't too expensive because I don't feel like this is a good museum for adults without kids. The exhibits are interesting but obviously presented with children in mind. I would have liked more adult-level facts and presentations.

1 Thank bluebird1313
Centennial, Colorado
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Maya Exhibit first class, Laserium unique and memorable”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My first time to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science was a memorable one. I spent much of it considering how I might bring others there and to see more of the place. Arriving around half past three, the line was full. We missed the Maya IMAX but got into the exhibit.

The staff was incredibly friendly. We headed up to the third floor and waited only a few minutes before we were allowed as the next wave into the exhibit, and spoke with a rather enthusiastic attendant who asked fellow cue-standers what we already knew about the Maya.

Once inside, we enjoyed a nice video before walking through a rather interesting exhibit about the Maya, their culture and their royalty. The displays were nice and well-laid out, the crowds not too full and the simulated atmo worked well for various stations.

After the Maya exhibit, my friend and I made it down to the planetarium for a "Laserium" show, the likes of which I'd never seen before. Apparently the Laserium show played a different band playlist every hour, including Beatles, Pink Floyd, etc. We watched The Beatles lazer light show and it was quite enjoyable -- but make sure you get in early to get the seats in the BACK. (It's a planetarium, you crane your neck less when during laser shows).

Next time I'll definitely go earlier in the day to see more of the museum. There were several exhibits that looked interesting that we didn't get to see due to getting there late, but I'll definitely go again and soon.

1 Thank Christian M