“Always have fun here”

Children's Museum of Denver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At the Children's Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, you can do it all. Whether you're scaling a 3 1/2 story climber, stepping inside a 6-foot bubble or sculpting a clay masterpiece, there is always a new adventure to explore, create or discover!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We've had a membership off and on to this museum for the past 4 years, since our son was born. I have to say that every time we go here, we have fun. The fire engine is his favorite but several of the other exhibits are a close second. The only downside of this place is that it sometimes is crowded to the point that it really inhibits how much you can do. It looks like they are currently renovating, though, so hopefully this will improve. If you do go, I definitely recommend buying a membership. With only a few visits you'll make back your money and then you don't feel pressured to stay for hours at a time in order to get your money's worth from buying a one day ticket.

1  Thank IACANCO

Reviewed 17 June 2014

As the mother of 6 and grandmother of 5, I consider myself something of an expert on children's museums by now. We have been to these museums all across the country. After reading the reviews, I am sad to say that this museum is OK, fun for kids, but limited it it's exhibits. The set up /floor plan leads to lots of congestion (especially with strollers parked randomly throughout). My 2 year old grandson had a great time in the train room; I spent the time fending off the older kids who kept trying to take away his train cars.

It would have been helpful to have areas designated for toddlers -- off limits to the bigger kiddos. Additionally, parents should be supervising their children, not texting, chatting with each other, generally ignoring their own children.

Lastly, I really appreciated the free parking; the cost of admission was enough! (I did have trouble actually finding the site -- better, more visible signage would be helpful.)

Overall, it was a fun morning for my grandson, which is the most important thing. But I think we will hit the Aquarium or the Zoo next time!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I love this place and my son enjoyed it also.
Plenty of fun things to play with and do, it's just super!
The bubbles and fire station areas are our favorite. It's not that big but it doesn't lack anything.
Super clean especially since kids are everywhere.
Try not to go on school days since there can be field trips there and there is nothing worse than having kids running around without their parents. I think that age 7 is the limit for having fun there. My oldest son would rather stay home.

2  Thank mommyDM
Reviewed 10 June 2014

What a fantastic place for young children to learn a variety of skills. They have a play kitchen, fire truck, painting, bubbles, dancing, etc. Everyone will have a great time and the parking is free.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

WE just had a short amount of time 1 1/2 hrs but our grand daughter had a great time could have spent longer ! Lots of kids ... kind of crouded but still very good experience !