“Great beer tasters, wonderful ambiance and excellent staff”
Review of The Wynkoop

and up
Historical Lower Downtown Denver Beer Tour
Ranked #76 of 255 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: Denver's first brew pub.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Great beer tasters, wonderful ambiance and excellent staff”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I were staying in Denver, and decided to try the Wynkoop Brewing Company. How fun! We tasted several of their beers for a very low price, visited with each other and the people around us, and just had fun. The bartenders put up with all of our questions very nicely. This is definitely one worth returning for!

Visited November 2013

Austin, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great place, good food”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We went here on Labor Day for lunch. There was a Rockies game starting about the time we got there, but once we found parking ($10 in a public garage) the rest was great. I doubt parking would be a problem other than during the ballgames.
Overall, the food was good. They were out of the first 3 dishes we tried to order, but settled on FishnChips, Curry Chicken and a BLT. The curry was flavorful, but not hot, according to my heat-loving hubby. The bread was a little tough/old(?) on my brother's BLT. The FishnChips were great. I had to order a fresh batch of tartar sauce though, since what the waitress served me was, uh, discolored I guess would describe it.
I'm not a beer drinker, but my brother and hubby liked the Railyard and Chile beer/ales and said they would get those again next time.
The place is in an historic building and it was neat to admire the architecture while we waited for our food. It's a place for all ages - there were families with kiddos, lovey-dovey couples, groups of guys, groups of gals, all sorts of groups. Every table seemed to be having a great time.
It was enjoyable at our table too. Not too loud to carry on a conversation, which is nice over a meal. I use a cane to get around and understood there is no elevator to get to the bathrooms which are not on the ground level. That was the main drawback for me.

Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Brewpub”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

If you like brewpubs go here. Whatever beer you decide on having will be good, my favorites were Patty's Chile beer and Belgorado. I would recommend getting the tasting size for about $2 and try a bunch. Upstairs there are pool tables, darts, shuffleboard, and foosball. Be careful about the parking, there is an overnight street parking rate after 10pm. I learned the hard way getting a $25 ticket.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Justin H
Buffalo, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Recommended by Hotel clerk”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Great place with great microbrews. Our waiter recommended the macaroni and cheese with elk sausage... it was great! very rich and filling. The fish and chips were good but the tarter sauce was excellent.... not sure what they put in it to change the flavor but it was very tasty. Great service, plentiful portions and great service made for a great late night dinner on our first night in Denver. And... they give brewery tours on Saturday afternoon!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank mikadog
Amarillo, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good food at a good price”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We went here as a guys night. Two of us ordered the Buttermilk Fried Chicken and it was wonderful. Come hungry as it was half a chicken hand breaded and fried, potatoes, biscuit were great as well. All at a price of like $11.

Visited August 2012