“Microbrew tour? Really?”

Historical Lower Downtown Denver Beer Tour
Ranked #1 of 69 Food & Drink in Denver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Get out into one of Denver's 300 days of sunshine and head to the Historical Lower Downtown (LoDo) District of Denver. Learn how beer has obtained such a strong foothold in our state and discover for yourself why Denver has earned for itself the nickname "Napa Valley of Craft Beer." Tours last between 2-3 hours so prepare to hang out with a local beer aficionado and see if you have what it takes to stand up to our beer. During the 4 stops on our tour you will try 10 different beers, go behind the scenes to learn brewing process, visit a brewpub that began a nationwide franchise, drink in the brewery founded by the governor, and hang out in the best craft beer bar in Denver. Our tour guides drink with the best so ask them any questions you may have. All challenges accepted! Book now to secure your spot; if the tour is full please call our contact phone number to see if we can add you in. Don't miss out on Denver's gateway to craft beer!
San Diego, California
“Microbrew tour? Really?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I've been on some great microbrew tours, and this was just not one of them. Went on a Friday afternoon tour, super excited to see what Denver's breweries had to offer. Our guide said he does this every 2-3 months, so we didn't get one of the guys that do this often. He was not friendly, super cocky, NOT funny although he tried making weird jokes, and didn't tell us anything about the city, beer history of denver, anything really. I asked "are we going to see one of the actual breweries?" his answer was, "in short, no. Because we get in the way of production". What the heck. Isn't this a microbrewery tour?? There was a bit of false advertising. It should be called a bar/tasting tour. Some of the places we went had great beers on tap but were NOT microbrews. Our tour guide did describe some of the beer samples but that was it. It was kind of awkward since they put us in random tasting rooms and areas of the bars that no one else sat, and we waited every time for them to get beer pitchers and wait for our guide to get his beer. Shouldn't these things be set up so that you don't have to wait for your tastings and maybe someone from the actual bar/brewery comes out to tell you about the place or the beer? I was just confused the entire time. Super nice people on our tour, but it was a walking tour of ale houses/restaurant-breweries that I could have EASILY done myself. Not worth the $30, sorry :(

Colorado Springs, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Whether you are a Colorado native or visitor of Denver this is a great way to spend your afternoon. The tour guide was fun and knowledgeable about beer. You get a great variety of samples from the different microbreweries and all while walking through downtown. The pours were very generous, so if you're a light weight I recommend taking half a glass with each sample. I paid extra for the pint glass and it made a nice addition to my collection. Definitely worth the money and something I might even consider doing again if I have the opportunity.

1 Thank Joanie C
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hope you like beer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

My friend and I received this tour as a gift -- Such a great idea! We had a great time learning about the brewing process, trying different beers, and meeting tons of new people. Our group consisted of about 20 people. Bryce is an excellent tour guide; hilarious and extremely knowledgable. Kept us entertained for our 4+hr tour! You won't regret going on this microbrew tour!

1 Thank Laura L
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

We have done a lot of beer tours/pub crawls and this was a good one. Bryce did a great job with our group and his knowledge of beers and Downtown Denver. Be sure to park in the parking garage near the Rock Bottom Brewery and not on the street because this is a long tour and you can only get 2 hours out of the meter. You will be much longer than 2 hours. My only complaint is at the end of the tour Bryce left and we were left to find our way back to our car. If you are not familiar with the area and after a few beers you could easily get a bit confused. They should give/offer you a street map at the end so the DD in the group knows how to get back to the car.

1 Thank Lmartin626
Eugene, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I bought a few tickets for myself, my girlfriend, my brother and his wife for Christmas over winter break and it turned out to be a great present and experience for everyone. Our tour guide Bryce was very knowledgeable and friendly and the beer we had was really good. I wasn't exactly sure if the tour was going to be just a lot of little shots of beer to taste or several pitchers of selected beer instead, and I was pleasantly surprised that it was the latter. Lots of fun, lots of beer, and a fun tour guide. I would recommend the tour to anyone who likes talking about and drinking beer.

Visited January 2014