“Refreshing change from boring unordinary fastfood/chain restaurants.”
Review of Tocabe

Tocabe
Ranked #65 of 3,104 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Native American
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Went here with my 2 kids before vacationing in mountains. Its about 30 minutes from DIA, well worth the drive. Located in an older, eclectic neighborhood. Another place i had 2 try after Triple D's recommendation. We all had the indian frybread. Bread was excellent. Very fresh, would have been great on its own. U get a choice of 1 kind of tasty beans, and 1 type of meat, I had shredded bison, my son had ground bison. Both were succulent and well spiced and cooked. My picky teenage daughter had the vegetarian fry bread(2 types of beans) On top of this u get cheese, your choice of 2 salsas(very hot- mild), and vegetables. Its a very fun, funky, casual place, with very freindly helpful staff. They have a great selection of bottled beers 2. My words dont do this place justice, u gotta go n try it yourself. If I was a local id go here once or twice a week, its that good. Need 2 go back next time im in Denver. Youll love it.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

I saw this place on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. If you live in Denver or just passing through you must try this place, especially if you like indian tacos (fried bread). In our party of three we ordered the Chicken Indian Taco, Beef Indian Taco and the Bison Indian Taco. There was a large variety of toppings. If you don't enjoy indian tacos they do offer other items on the menu. We will certainly stop by the next time we are in Denver. You should stop by also!

Reviewed 7 August 2012

I grew up in a small town in SW Colorado - Navajo or Indian tacos were a big food down there, so I had my share of home-cooked, authentic ones. I had REALLY missed that food upon moving to Denver, because in all my searching I'd found no place that had fry bread, etc.
Then one day a couple years ago, I was searching the internet and found Tocabe and knew I had to get RIGHT down there!
What can I really say? It was heaven! haha. They make the fry bread to order, so you never end up with a cold, greasy piece....The meats are awesome. Where else can you get bison on everything for a reasonable price like this?!! Everything is really full of wonderful flavor. The meat is always cooked great...Beef, Chicken and Bison. The toppings are great. You will definitely leave full! I get a Bison Indian Taco every time I go in, loaded down with green chiles - YUM!
And then you have to of course end the meal with some fry bread and honey. ;)
The atmosphere is casual and comfortable. The staff, FAST, friendly and welcoming.
If you go here once, you'll probably go back again and again!!

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Saw this place on Diners,Driveins and Dives. Was in area on vacation and made the drive. Knew it was gonna be good when on a Sunday afternoon it was busy!!!
Food was fresh, plenty of it. Restaurant was clean and nicely decorated. They even have an outside seating area.
Try the Indian Tacos, I had the Chicken which I enjoyed alot, my daughter had the Ground Bison and my son the Chicken. Lots of flavor!!
Was nervous as it was busy and they ask what you want on everything but the staff were friendly and helpful! I HIGHLY recommend making this a stop when In Denver!!!!

Reviewed 26 July 2012

YOU MUST DINE HERE (I recommend the ground bison stuffed Indian taco)!!!
While visiting Denver from our rural town, my friends and I were very excited to dine at a variety of ethnic and different establishments. While playing on the Diner's, Drive-Ins and Dives website, I found this location and we decided to give it a-go.
The food was prepared in front of us (by one of the owners, nontheless) with super fresh ingredients. Each employee we came in contact with was excited and helpful, and beyond patient with our novice ordering skills.
Both the interior and exterior of the building were clean and welcoming.
Thank you, for offering Native American cuisine in such a quick, fresh, DELICIOUS and affordable way.
I loved everything about my experience at Tocabe and can't wait to spread the word.

Been to Tocabe? Share your experiences!