“Pretty darn good, especially for airport access”

HYATT House Denver Airport
Ranked #27 of 159 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I'll echo most of the other reviews for this hotel -- our experience was very good.
We ended our trip to Colorado at the Denver airport Hyatt House so that we wouldn't have to rush around east Denver to make our morning flight home. We had never stayed at a Hyatt House so didn't know how that brand might be different from, say, the Hyatt Place, but I have to say that we were quite impressed. It seems new, was clean and quiet, had a "funky" (in a good way) room and great HD TV, and really nice walk-in granite shower. We didn't use the kitchen (two-burner stove and refrigerator, with plates/cups/pots/pans/etc., plus microwave) but certainly would have for a longer stay. Not that we would have had a longer stay at this particular hotel, given that the only attraction for miles and miles is the airport.

The hotel offers wine/beer and snacks in the evening (at least during weekdays -- maybe like a Residence Inn?) and the breakfast was pretty good (thanks for having several kinds of fresh fruit). Seating for the breakfast is, like another reviewer noted, spacious and comfortable. Free cookies are available at the front desk for a couple of hours in the evenings, but absent in the morning.

This hotel's location is either a big plus or a big problem. A big plus if you want easy access to the airport, but a problem if you want to eat anywhere decent without driving a few miles. The Ruby Tuesdays half a mile away was crammed with businesspeople trying to find something to eat. Maybe some better restaurants will eventually move into the area. In the meantime, you'll have to satisfy yourself with mediocre chain food or commit yourself to an excursion in your rental car.

In sum, the next time we have a morning flight out of Denver this hotel will be at the top of our list.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fabulousdave
HSSDIA, Front Office Manager at HYATT House Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear valued guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Adam Arellano
Front Office Manager
Hyatt House

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Handy to the airport, good shuttle service. Good size room, very well equipped. Loved the pool!
Very economical, too.

Room Tip: King bed suite had a little kitchen and dining area, very handy! We ordered delivery from a nearby I...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I needed to leave the Denver airport early so headed up the day before from Colorado Springs via shuttle and was picked up at the airport by the Hyatt shuttle. Check in on line was easy. I'd asked for a quiet room away from ice machines and elevators and the room they gave me had no shared wall on the bedroom side!

I got to the hotel which is located in a fairly open, barren plain about a mile from the airport. There is no restaurant or room service but they have a nice little store where you can buy food one can heat up in the room's microwave OR oven, plus beer, wine, and travel supplies...great selection of ALL. I had an excellent Italian dinner about two blocks away. In the morning, they do provide a FULL breakfast buffet for free...very tasty and starts at 6am.

The room was very big with a foyer/FULL-sized kitchen, LARGE couch, ottoman and flatscreen TV area, a desk and biz chair with free internet, and nice big comfy bed, large tiled shower, bath with full size closet. This is a room one could certainly live in as an extended stay option. The room was $109 with AAA discount.

Next morning, I took their free shuttle to the airport. All in all, more expensive than some nearby airport hotels, but still a great hotel room value. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Some rooms have bedrooms adjacent to a window in the central hallway, so no shared wall on the bed s...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jmptrips

Dear valued guest:

Adam Arellano
Front Office Manager
Hyatt House

Reviewed 2 March 2012

I don't doubt my experience is the exception, based on the reliable reviewers' posts, but it should be noted for those Tripadvisorists who live by reviews... that this isn't a perfect hotel.

First of all don't get all excited, thinking you're checking into a fancy Hyatt. It's a roadside property at the bottom end of the brand. The rooms are spacious and funky, which is always a welcome addition to the cookie cutters out there. For that I am deeply thankful.

That said, it's still a cheap hotel. And in my case, a smelly one. Perhaps it was just this room, though I doubt it. The elevator area had a chokingly bad smell as well. The smell that permeated the entire studio suite was foul. Foul to the point of keeping me up most of the night. Foul to the point of burying my head in the (comfy) pillows to suffocate myself. Foul to the point of leaving my clothes with a stench of, I don't know, a combination of paint, cleaning fluid and old war bandage that needs to be changed. I opened the window to the 18 degree winter, but even that didn't clear the air. Really really unfortunate.

They did put my able self in a handicap room when I checked in after midnight, so maybe I just got the leftover room that nobody actually wanted. I don't know.

Yes, it's inexpensive for the amenities and space you get, but if you can't sleep for the stench, than it still costs too much.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The hotel is no longer a Summerfield Suites. Renamed Hyatt House. Appears to be the closest hotel to the airport at this time. We had a one bedroom king suite on the night before we flew out of DIA. As we arrived to check in, the shuttle dropped off about 8 passengers in front of us. Due to a very efficient young gentleman at the check in desk, we did not experience what had looked like it would be a long wait. The room was very nice and did have a fully equipped kitchen area - including wine glasses. Granite counter tops and an overall nice look. The table could easily accomodate 4 people if you should choose to eat in. Carpet and wood flooring in the main/kitchen area give a nice appearance to this part of the room. There was a TV in the main area and the bedroom. The bedroom is pretty much filled by the bed and a dresser. We left our luggage in the main living area. The bathroom is off of the bedroom and our room had a large shower but no tub. The bathroom was well lit as was the main living area. The heavy sliding door to the bathroom provided plenty of privacy and my spouse did not even hear the hair dryer in the morning. I sat under lights at the bar/counter in the morning to apply make up and watch TV. Spouse still sleeping soundly behind closed bedroom door. The complimentary breakfast had hot items and the usual breakfast fare. Serving began at 6:00 a.m. What was especially nice was that the area had plenty of seating spread out and not the usual congested hotel breakfast space. We were quoted a $30 charge to leave our vehicle parked and may take advantage next time we stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Takemeaway79
Reviewed 10 February 2012

If you are looking for a hotel near the Denver International Airport. This will be a special treat for you at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel at the Denver Airport for $89 before misc. It is brand new and the best value EVER. Comparable hotels usually charge $139-$149 per night. Breakfast was excellent and front desk folks were extremely helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family