“Close to airport, but minimal stuff close by”

HYATT House Denver Airport
Ranked #28 of 159 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I didn't know it was a long term stay place when we booked it, but it was a nice surprise as it seems so much roomier with a seperate living room and bedroom! The cocktail hour was a nice add -certainly worth going, even though the wine and beer selection is very limited, and the food is "ok"...but its FREE so who cares!?!
I did have an issue with my heater, but they fixed it quickly. The other thing...the hot tub was really bubbly, it was splashing in your face the whole time- like the jets went up vs out or down. Other than those two minor things (which keeps it from being a 4 pt experience) it was good and I'd go back if I wanted to be close to the airport again. (there were a small handful of places that delivered)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
HSSDIA, Front Office Manager at HYATT House Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We appreciate your comments and hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at (303) 628-7777.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

This is a nice two-year old property but understaffed and the night manager is incompetent, unable to handle a rush of people politely and efficiently. Also, do not use your GPS to get here. It will get you to the middle of a runway. We went 25 miles out of the way. The manager said there was a warning about this on the hotel's website but that's not true.

Towels are ridiculously small and thin, and the air flow in the shower, which can accommodate 10 people at one time, is high; so, even if you have the hottest water, you're freezing in there.

Kitchen area is well-equipped with countertops, table and chairs. The bed is comfortable. Pillows were small but okay. Good lighting for a hotel room. No make-up mirror.

There is a large seating area near the entrance door in these hotels, but if you want a decent night's sleep, you have to close the bedroom door. The problem with that is the hotel is too hot. We had our room heater/air conditioning unit set to 68, and it was stuffy.

Although our experience with the night manager was unpleasant, we were given a concession, but that's the reason for the average rating, as well as the awful towels and hall noise. Even with the bedroom door closed, it was noisy. The front desk was so obviously inexperienced; with long lines of people waiting to check in, they were impatient with everyone.

This place is a 10-minute drive to the airport. There is a shuttle, and since the one we needed was full, the hotel provided a taxi.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NewYorkCityStickler

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be shared.
If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at (303) 628-7777

Reviewed 4 January 2013

We recently stayed at this property for two day and it was nicer than expected. The bed and sofa bed was comfortable room spacious and well stocked with a full kitchen. GREAT VALUE for money. They could improve breakfast by adding more options but it still worked. Also, if you are staying for more than one day, make sure the maid service comes.

Room Tip: Choose the third floor very quiet....
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank avidtraveller094

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Very nice for the price. I was so happy with my room and my entire stay. I stayed 8 nights over the New Years. The room was great! I loved the separate areas of the room and the TV on a swivel. I bring along an assortment of digital media items, so it was really cool to see the console with the HDMI port, the RGB-PC, and and AV outlets ready for me on a separate console!! The kitchenette with the microwave, dishwasher, and full size fridge came in handy. The bathroom was spacious and immaculately clean. The linens were soft and fresh smelling. Most of all, the housekeeping people were so very nice! All of them were so polite and friendly.

I really loved the complimentary food and drinks in the evening and the complimentary hot breakfast in the AM. The coffee and wine were great tasting and good quality. They could work on keeping an eye on the food to refill it when it gets low, because I noticed on several occasions it had to be asked to be refilled.

I would highly recommend. If I ever need a hotel in the Denver area again, I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 January 2013

A friend recommended this place to us and we were very glad that she did. After a long flight from London this was the perfect stopover before another flight early the next morning. The free shuttle was convenient and the driver very friendly, providing free bottled water as we boarded the bus. The drive was to the hotel was no more than 15 minutes. Check in was quick and efficient.

The one bed appartment style room was excellent. Full kitchen even including a dishwasher, dining table and chairs, corner sofa, large TV with DVD player. Separate bedroom with king sized bed and bathroom with double sized shower cubicle.

There's an onsite mini mart so we were able to buy cereal, fruit and milk as we were leaving before the free breakfast service the following morning.

The evening social (as they call it) was great. Basicall a free evening meal of chilli, potato skins, various dips and salads, along with free wine, beer and soft drinks. There's no restaurant on site, but there seemed to be plenty of eateries close by (walkable in warmer weather or a very easy drive).

Wifi was also free and in full working order.

In the morning, check out and the shuttle back to the airport all worked well.

Can't fault this place and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We chose a high floor with a view of the mountains. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 December 2012

The room was spacious and new. It was clean but did notice some hairs around the bathroom which should have been vacuumed up. Additionally, the room had a cleaner or carpet cleaner smell which if you are sensitive to smells may not be the room for you.
They did have free wine or beer happy hour along with snacks

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 December 2012

Stayed here on short notice for just one night. I got a king sized bed and a nice kitchen for $84. I was very impressed. TV in living and bed room. Nice people too. They provide shuttle to and from airport. I wish I could have stayed longer.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business