“Abandoned in the freezing air”

HYATT house Denver Airport
Ranked #24 of 156 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Trinidad, Colorado
“Abandoned in the freezing air”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the 15th of November, for we planned to leave the car and use the shuttle when we returned on the 23rd.

We arrived late on the 15th and had an early departure the following morning. We booked the shuttle, and we're they only ones to depart. When we showed up, the shuttle driver was reading the paper.. And wasn't gonna budge a minute before the scheduled time. We were on our way to vacation, so I blew it off.

When we returned, it was 27 degrees outside. I called to ensure the shuttle was on its way.. 5 to 10 minutes. 40 minutes later I called, it hadn't even left yet... Worse still it would be another 25 minutes before it departs to come pick us up.

We took a taxi, as the room was prepaid.. Otherwise would have gone elsewhere. When we arrived the same shuttle driver and the hotel manager were standing at the check in desk.

They then tried to say they were at the airport, and we must have missed them... Even when I explained that would have been impossible, let alone that she said it never left, after previously telling me 5 minutes.

Worse experience ever. Had a similar experience before here, so much for seconded chances.

This time after being checked in, we got the worse beat up room ever.. Sad this was a new hotel... And I like Hyatt.

Will seek other accommodations, especially if you need to use the shuttle.

4 Thank World_Travelor81082
HSSDIA, General Manager at HYATT house Denver Airport, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear World Travelor 81:

Thank you for being our guest. I read your comments, and I am so sorry that this was your experience. We will certainly use your experience as a learning opportunity for our team. I am not sure why you were not picked up. However, I can say that I am sorry and that at Hyatt, we strive for excellence. I am sorry that we were far below that threshold. Please accept my sincerest apology.

Andra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel with great staff very helpful and friendly
Great airport shuttle and nice comfortable rooms
Nice to have food and beverage options late at night
Good breakfast buffet too
Only negatives were the small bathroom and housekeeping knocking on the door at 730 am on Sunday

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cowinegirl
HSSDIA, General Manager at HYATT house Denver Airport, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear cowinegirl:

Thank you SO much for being our guest. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and our pleasant hotel team! We sorry about your early morning housekeeping wake-up call. We do hope to see you again!

matgate
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Last day of the trip, wanted to be close to the airport. Nice clean room, small kitchen and updated bathroom. Almost every channel you can think of on Dish network. Great little area with a gas station on the corner and plenty of restaurants.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aaronstt
HSSDIA, General Manager at HYATT house Denver Airport, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear aaronstt:

Thank you SO much for your thoughtful review! I am glad that you enjoyed our suite rooms with very extended cable television channels! We are the closet hotel to the airport so that is very convenient for our guests! We look forward to seeing you again!

Syracuse NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband and I stayed just one night before our flight home. The airport shuttle was quick and we were offered a bottle of water as soon as we got in the van. Nice touch. The front desk staff was friendly, the room was spotless and the bed comfy. I used their business center to print my boarding pass, no problems. The breakfast had the normal selection, nothing out of the ordinary but it was fine. We did use the laundry facilities (self-service washers and dryers) and our washer didn't spin for some reason so that was not great but no biggie. I would definitely recommend the Hyatt House and would stay there again if I find myself in the area.

Room Tip: If you're a smoker the front desk will give you a room next to an exit door.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JackieSal
HSSDIA, General Manager at HYATT house Denver Airport, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear JackieSal:

Thank you for being our guest! I am glad that you had a great experience at our hotel from the complimentary shuttle service to the experience with our guest host team. We can not wait to see you on your next adventure in the Denver area!

Tampa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, but so disappointed to find the room cleaning was so poor. Previous occupants soap bar was still in the shower and the bin was full their takeout containers.

Wondering if the bed was made with clean sheets now.

2 Thank JPBELL100
Dear JP Bell 100:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am sorry that your experience was less than satisfying! I will certainly have the team look into your guest experience because that is not a typical guest experience at Hyatt. I hope that you will try us again in the future. Thank you for being our guest and bringing your experience to my attention.

Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Clean and new - great stop over hotel when going in and out of Denver airport. While a very small space, they have fit in a small but modern kitchenette, a seating area, and nice/modern bath. Just know it's a tight space - but as a single business traveler or couple, who cares.

Dear JusWannCleanRm:

Thank you SO much for being our guest and writing a helpful review! I am glad that you were provided with a Hyatt standard clean room and enjoyed your short stay with us! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Denver!

Lima, Peru
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

This best feature of this hotel is its proximity to DIA. It is a basic hotel and is very acceptable for business or family travel. My room was clean and fairly new. Don't expect any help from the staff with your bags. We had a rental car, so I can't comment about the shuttle service.If you are looking for a no frills hotel close to the airport, this is the place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from others as the rooms are not very soundproof.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HSSDIA, General Manager at HYATT house Denver Airport, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear SDBLima:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad that you enjoyed your comfortable room. We are the closest hotel to Denver International Airport which makes it very convenient for our hotel guests! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the US! Thank you for benig our guest.