“well.....I like a little cleaner room”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport
Ranked #84 of 157 Hotels in Denver
colorado
“well.....I like a little cleaner room”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Let me preface this by saying I knew there was a blizzard in Denver and I needed a room because the highways going out were closed.
Check in was easy and the front desk clerk was helpful in finding someplace still open for some food.
The room itself was a jacuzzi suite (what they had available), it was large and the bed was comfortable.
The main problem I have is the cleanliness of the room. It is the most important thing to me when staying somewhere-I don't care about the bells and whistles as long as the room is clean. I don't know what the white crusted material on the couch was but ewww.... In general, the carpet could use a good cleaning--it was lighter colored and had some stains. The bed and sheets seemed clean enough (thank God) and the bathroom seemed clean.
Parking was a nightmare, of course the hotel also does the "Park and fly" package as many of the hotels in this area offer.
I did not make it down to the breakfast so I can't comment on that.
I booked the room online and I knew with the blizzard all hotel prices would be jacked up. I certainly wouldn't pay that rate again for this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank countrydoc425
Xochitl S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 13 April 2015
Dear Countrydoc425,
Thank you for taking your time to review on the trip advisor. I am glad to hear that the bed was comfortable, I am sorry to hear that there were some things wrong in the room. We cleaned the carpet, and the stains we were able to clean out too. I am sorry to hear that the parking wasn’t what you expected some times when storms happen, We try our best to help our guest find parking.
Once again I apologize for the stay you had.
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Indonesian first
Grand Cayman
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Chosen for after a week's skiing holiday before an early morning flight. Check in was very easy and the room provided more comfort than anticipated for the price. Good linens. The bath was a silly shallow tub but fortunately the hot tub was two doors away. The swimming pool could have been a little bit warmer but it was nice to have the option of these facilities. The wake up call came through late so it was a bit of a rush to get ready for the shuttle to the airport but fortunately the breakfast had all been laid out, even at 5.15 am. A good value for money place for a night.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Grownup56
Xochitl S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 9 April 2015
Dear Grownup56.
Thank you for choosing the Red Lion Inn & Suites and for taking the time to review your stay with us.
I am glad to hear that your stay with us was pleasant and relaxing.
looking forward to seeing you again.
Busan, South Korea
Reviewed 28 February 2013

wise choice, great place, convenience free shuttle to the airport, good free breakfast and coffee The room is in good size, very roomy, there was desk, and couch, better than the hotel. The best is free Wi-fi. We were very surprised and we like it so much, We came back for the second night due to our flight was cancelled again.

The price was right. Service was good.

If you take a road trip, this is a good place to stay for a good night sleep.

Room Tip: Room on third floor is very roomy. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kim L
Dear Kim L
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip Advisor.
I am glad to hear that your stay was pleasant.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Indiana
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I've stayed at this hotel three times in the last 8 months now, twice as a Super 8 and once as a Red Lion. None of those three times did I actually book the room or even plan to stay in Denver, they were all because I missed my United connection that night coming from the east (once from Cleveland, twice from Newark) and was forced to overnight to catch a morning flight out on the next day. United told me quite clearly that they book mis-connecting passengers at this hotel because it is cheap, and cheap it is. My vouchers were for ~$65 including tax for a night and I can see that it is publicly bookable for <$60 before tax, far cheaper than pretty much every other hotel at DEN.

The airport shuttle is far from efficient. Every time, the shuttles for other hotels went through the pick-up area twice before the Super 8/Red Lion shuttle came. Of course, when United has irrops the shuttles become very full but that is to be expected. As I have never had a "regular" stay with the hotel, I will not comment on the check-in or check-out either.

The rooms are very basic and feel a bit dingy but they're clean enough and I never felt uncomfortable. The shower water pressure leaves something to be desired but again, what do you expect at this price point? The first two times I stayed here, the front desk clerk on duty was professional with a good attitude, but the last time (first time as a Red Lion) it was more of a mixed bag. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as it was a busy night with all the United passengers. I didn't eat breakfast but it's pretty much a basic 2* hotel breakfast. (e.g. cheap bagels, mini-muffins, cereal) There is a convenience store nearby if you need anything which you can't get at the hotel.

If you're travelling on a very tight budget, this is an acceptable place to stay but if you're willing to spend even $100/night, there are far better choices near DEN than this one.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Better than basic equipment, larger guest rooms, a very quiet location and helpful competent staff make this a wise choice. Allegedly "close" (10 miles is NOT close) to Denver International Apt, this is one of a cluster of variously labeled (and relabeled) hotels w/ a reasonable assortment of food opportunities near by, i.e., walking distance in decent weather. Note, I did not say "close."

Room Tip: it is a good place to sleep, not to seek out vistas
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Gil L
Super8DIA, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Dear Gil L,

We Greatly appreciate that you have taken the time to give us your opinion. Our success is based on the feedback we recieve from our loyal guests such as yourself. We definitely pride ourselves in our customer service and are nothing but ecstatic to know that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel itself. I know that the weather can make it extremely difficult to make it to the restaraunts accross the streets. I assure you that we are very sorry you had to go through this experience and will do what ever possible to make this portion of your stay much easier. We have a list of restaraunts that will deliver right to your room door and will be happy to provide with the phone numbers and menus of such places in your next visit.

Thank you greatly!!