“Friendly staff! Average hotel”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport
Ranked #84 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 13 September 2013

From the front desk and housekeeping to the shuttle driver the staff was friendly and helpful. We were trying to find a hotel as close to the airport as possible so we would be able to catch our flight out at 6AM. (We missed the flooding in Boulder by 4 hrs.) The front desk agent allowed us to check in at noon. However the first room, was not so great. Sewage was backing up in the shower. We were assigned a new room. The Lobby and 1st floor appear update. The linens were new, but the furniture and hallway carpet were worn. Breakfast started at 5:30AM and our shuttle left at 4AM. They had fresh coffee, granola bars, fruit and bottled water for those catching the shuttle. I found this to be very thoughtful. This hotel was good for a 1 night stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Felisha D
Xochitl S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2015

Dear Felisha D,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Red Lion Inn & Suites,
We are thrilled to her from you. We are so happy to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us.
Hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport

Reviewed 2 September 2013

CHARGED $700 FOR WATER DAMAGE WE DID NOT INFLICT. We stayed at the Denver Red Lion near Denver International Airport on Aug 3 to Aug 4 2013. We booked a "spa suite". We had a pick load of purchases that I had to haul to the room. After hauling it to the room and getting something to eat at a cafe in the area we returned to the room and noted that the floor was soaking wet. We notified the staff. We were provided towels to mop up the floor. It was late, I was too old and tired to move the hundreds of pounds of stuff to another room. The staff originally cut the room rate in half for out trouble. A few days later we received notice that our card had been charged for water damage to the hotel. I contacted the manager to protest and was treated with the utmost rudeness and contempt. Red Lion Corporate was absolutely no help as it is a franchise hotel and not a corporate hotel.
LESSONS LEARNED:
1) Avoid this hotel and its manager.
2) If any room has ANY issue, don't be nice, be an absolute jerk, make a big fuss, demand a new and free room.
3) Avoid Red Lion. Corporate is no help to its customers.
4) When it comes to hotels the customer has NO protection under the law.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Jeffrey A
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This hotel is one of the least costly ones close to the airport. They have a convenient airport shuttle that runs every 30 minutes. The rooms are fairly spacious. There is a free breakfast and free wifi. The hotel used to be a Super 8 so it is a little out dated and there aren't too many extras (for example the TV is an old style tube TV). But the room was quiet and convenient. The front desk folks aren't extremely friendly, but I wasn't in need of a lot of help.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RobbieL123
Xochitl S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2015

Dear Robbiel123,

Thank you for taking your time to review the Red Lion Inn & Suites hotel. We are pleased to hear that your stay was great. We update our TV's. Our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. Thank you for being our guest, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Our airline put us in this hotel because we missed our connections. It was clean, and the bed was quite comfortable. They have a wonderful complimentary breakfast with hot and cold items to choose from. The night desk clerk was a little young but did a good job getting everyone checked in late at night when several families showed up at the same time. They even gave us a toothbrush when we didn't have our luggage and had a nice selection of toiletries in the room. The shuttle back to the airport in the morning was there as promised at the correct time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MichH548
Xochitl S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2015

Dear MichH548

Thank you for taking your time to review your say at trip advisor,
Thank you for giving us the pleasure to be able to assist you, We are glad we were able to satisfy you with the toiletries , if you are ever in our area please don’t hesitate to give us a call,
We hope we Hear from you Soon.

Once again thank you

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I made reservations at this hotel and verified them with the general manager. When I went to check in at 9pm the same general manager said she had no record of my reservation and turned me and my 2 yr old away. Denver was completely booked so we stayed 2 hours away to only get up in 3 hours for a 6am flight. She general manager was rude and un-caring. And I even have my reservation confirmation that they would not honor. Stay away fromt his place- the neighbor hotel said this happens frequently with them.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Peyton3761
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I had a nightmare experience with this hotel which ended in my 12 year old and I walking with 6 pieces of luggage at 3am to another hotel 3 blocks away! Our flight from Seattle was delayed and we got in at 1:20am. When I called for the shuttle it took awhile for an answer but the shuttle was sent and picked us up about 15 mins. later. Once we got to the hotel we waited 15 mins at the empty front desk, finally out of a dark room appeared a young man who it was obvious had been asleep. Still half asleep and having a difficult time staying alert he looked on the computer and checked us in. I asked for a luggage cart as we had a large amount of luggage. He looked around didn't see it and said "guess it's on the second floor, sorry". At this point we just wanted to sleep so we head for the elevators but have no idea where they are and the young man gave us no direction. I sent my son to ask and the young man says keep going with out a clear direction. We finally find the elevator only to find a yellow post it note saying "use south elevator" I send my son back to ask for directions only to have him treated poorly and being told just keep going. Finally we get to the room and it is hot. The window is open. I go to turn on the a/c and it is blowing hot air. I call the front desk to alert him and he says he will come and see about it. At this point my confidence of it being taken care of are nil so I call a nearby hotel I had seen when we arrived and asked if they had a room. They did however could not provide a shuttle for us. So with 6 pieces of luggage we walk the 3 blocks to the new hotel at 3am.

That was bad enough but then when I called to make sure we got a refund my integrity was questioned with the manager telling me she found it hard to believe that we found another hotel as all the hotels in the area were full. She said I would need to send proof in the form of an invoice from the other hotel. I did and she still would not refund until she spoke with the young man who by the way had made no note about any of the things that happened. It took calling the Corporate Care line to get things taken care!

We were fortunate that we made it safely to the other hotel. Once there they were VERY sympathetic and went out of their way to take care of our needs.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank mom2littledude
Reviewed 19 July 2013

When our flight from Washington DC to Denver was delayed because of the tornado we missed our connecting flight to Idaho falls and after standing my ground and refusing to sleep at the airport united airlines arranged a room for us at this hotel. We turned up tired bedraggled and frustrated but the hotel, even though we only managed a few hours sleep was perfect. We had a huge spacious suite which was spotlessly clean, quiet and well appointed with a good selection of toiletries for which we were very grateful as we didn't have our luggage. We also had a nice breakfast before catching the shuttle back to the airport. The good thing to come of all this is we have found another good hotel to add to our list. My heart goes out to all the travellers who ended up sleeping at the airport , don't be fobbed off.

Room Tip: Perfect for the airport.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear June M,

Thank you for taking your time to review your say with the Red Lion Inn & Suites,
Thank you for giving us the pleasure to be able to assist you, Sorry to hear about the tornado, We are glad we were able to satisfy you with a room and also with the toiletries , if you are ever in our area please don’t hesitate to give us a call.

Once again thank you