“Great stay close to DIA”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport
Ranked #84 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great stay close to DIA”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I had an early flight out of Denver and decided to spend the night at Red Lion prior to my flight. It was a great choice. My room was clean, breakfast was early, and shuttle was just what I needed. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone with an early flight out of Denver.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Xochitl S, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 16 April 2015
Dear Stephanie S,
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Red Lion Inn & Suites Denver International Airport. We are thrilled to hear from you. We strive in providing our guests with outstanding quality service and are touched you took notice.
If you are ever in our area again please don't hesitate to call and book your next stay with us,
once again thank you for taking the time.

Xochitl S.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Indonesian first
Denver
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I had a poor experience at this property. The 1st room I was given was 60 degrees and the heater didn't work. The employee I talked to could have cared less. I was moved to a different (less expensive) room with no compensation for the change in room rate. The room was clean and realitively quiet, but for the money I could have stayed at the Embassy Suites which is about a block away. I won't be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Xochitl S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 22 April 2015
Dear Tasha R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us,
We sincerely apologize for the heater not working in the room.
I hope that the 2nd room was perfect. We try our best to please our guest in every way.
I hope you could give us another chance in staying with us.
Have a great day.

Colorado
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This hotel is close to the DIA airport off of Tower Road - very convenient. However, this formerly was a Super 8 motel that was converted to a Red Lion. Do not expect your typical Red Lion property. If staying on R&R Club points - review your bill carefully. For overnight stays to get to DIA conveniently - it is an adequate hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Thank S. D
Xochitl S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 26 April 2015
Dear S.D,

Thank you for taking the time to give our Hotel a review on Trip Advisor we are pleased to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we were able to accommodate you.
Our goal is to maintain a clean and friendly environment and we are updating out Hotel all the time to make it look better and more welcoming to our guests.

Again thank you for taking the time to give us a positive review we look forward to seeing you next time.

With much appreciation

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I shop hotels near the airport each time we fly out, some become much to expensive, with Red Lion the price was good and we were happy with the hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable. On the down side, all 8 tables in the breakfast room were dirty, no one was cleaning them, and only 2 were being used. Staff seemed to be around, but not paying attention to that area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Cindy S,

Thank you for reviewing the red Lion Inn & Suites on trip advisor.
Thank you for enjoying your stay, I am happy to hear that the room was comfortable for you guys. We shared your feedback with the breakfast attendant and she apologized for not cleaning the tables. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience in the breakfast area.
Hope you could give us another chance.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I walked in and the girl at the front desk was polite and friendly. She had my key and paperwork ready on the counter for my arrival. I never call to compliment service, and I would of if I remembered her name. The room was clean. The king size bed was very comfortable. The building itself was nice. The heater floor unit worked correctly with no squeaks or excessive noise. If you want to stay near the airport, I would recommend this hotel. Also decent price.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Xochitl S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 9 April 2015
Dear Dave H,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor.
I am glad that you had a great stay with us.
We are looking forward to seeing you again.
Wyoming
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I was put up at the Red Lion by airline when my flight was cancelled. The shuttle took 40 minutes to arrive at airport and I was not happy. Upon arrival, front desk dude was actually very nice and empathetic for my cancelled flight. They deal with this a lot. For a free room for me, they still asked what floor I would like (didn't offer me top floor which would have been good since i heard footsteps and noise from room above me until 1am) and had good customer service - until I called from room - see below. Room was ok. Large and clean. Bed was actually comfortable. The tv was older. It was very cold and the heating unit is in the window area so the bathroom remained cold. When at the airport I usually stay at nearby hotel that is twice the price so all things considered I thought the hotel was ok and would stay here again for an overnight stay.

Once in the room the front desk was nearly impossible to get a hold of -- would not answer phone. On the plus side, the shuttle to airport was on time and extremely professional. Driver made sure he had everyone. Loaded luggage on nice large shuttle and even took one couple that needed a wheelchair into airport. So if you need an ok place to sleep for a good rate and dependable shuttle to airport, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Top floor - heard footsteps from rooms above until 1am
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I ended up stuck in Denver overnight due to flight delays. This hotel was quite close, had friendly front desk and was clean. However the heat in my room didn't work and I was very cold. The front desk brought me extra blankets, and was warm under them, but had to go to bed because fingers were very cold when not burrowed under.

Shuttle to the airport was great. Had to wait awhile at the airport. Would be nice if there were signs where you should wait so you at least know you're at the right spot.

Hotel was comp'd from airline, but the price I saw they paid looked very reasonable for niceness of hotel.

Room Tip: Make surer the heater is working before you're in pajamas and all settled in.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Cdnclan
Dear Cdnclan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay at the Red lion Inn & Suites.
We do apologize about the heater not working in the room, we are happy that you stayed with us. We are glad to hear that our front desk staff was able to assist you on giving you blankets.
If you are ever in our area please don’t hesitate to walk in and book your stay with us!