“Not really an Irish Pub”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Neighbourhood: Stapleton
Colorado
“Not really an Irish Pub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Huge disappointment here. We were expecting to taste some wonderful UK food when we saw that they were touting themselves as an Irish pub. The Fish and Chips meal had very thin pieces of fish (but pretty good batter) and French Fries (out of a bag). The Bangers and Mash meal had a decent onion gravy and tasty potatoes, but the sausages were not tasty at all. The Guinness was like most Guinness you get in the US – weak and tasteless. The various salads we saw that people had around us looked like fairly large portions, so maybe getting something other then their touted “Traditional Irish Specialties” would be good.

• Visited July 2012

San Francisco, California
“2 visits in 3 days hit the spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

After a long day of travel, Casey's burger and fish and chips banished all thoughts of airport security lines. The 15 year old Glenlivet scotch probably helped also. They even did a kid's scoop ice cream with chocolate sauce for us upon request. Service was friendly and we returned for lunch 3 days later. A very good BLT was paired with some of the best lemonade to be found in a restaurant. An excellent and large tuna melt was paired with a glass of Avalanche, a local brew.

• Visited June 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Unexpected find - worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

Went to meet German speaking people who meet there once a month. It was great. Guinness and Kilarney on draft. Guiness was missing the shamrock on the froth, but I guess that's a rare find outside of Ireland. I had fish and chips and it was a generous portion and very tasty. Service was very attentive and quick. Nice place to hang out with friends!

• Visited June 2012
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great Happy Hour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

Stopped for a drink after work. Have a happy hour menu of appetizers and drinks. Great atmosphere, highly recommend. Also have an outdoor patio for dining and drinks.

Canada
“End of the week place to be..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

I was in a tight schedule during my time in Denver..
My first meal out was at Casey's Bistro Pub. It was a very busy place on a Friday evening. Constant parties adding to the waiting list. It was dark, but well appointed, flat screen TVs and a fireplace, a mix and match of booths, tables, and pub tables. I didn't make it to the bar, but all the seats were filled.

Our party of 3 adults and a 3mth old arrived at 6:30pm - prime dinner hour - we waited for 20mins to get a table. My hosts recommended the Caseys fish and chips. I obliged along with their order of fried calamari, and brie (soft cheese) platter. While waiting I opted for their House Ale, good - dark, red, bold but not a full in flavour like Guinness.

The apps were very good. The calamari was what I expected, but the brie platter was great served with pita crisps, crackers, and some other stuff that doesn't come to mind.
The fish and chips was exceptional, it didn't disappoint. The 3pcs of fish (not halibut, I forget what kind) were tasty and not overly battered and the fries were coated, crispy and not oil sponges, not like at my last fish and chip dinner. I wish I can comment on other things in the menu, but everything on my party ordered the same dinner; attests to the quality of Casey's fish and chips.

The service was average, nothing worth nothing except we never felt bothered.
I've been to other Caseys' before, but it was the first time I've been to this Casey "chain".
Suitable for families and a choice place for friends to unwind after a long work week.

I

• Visited April 2012

Been to Casey's Bistro & Pub? Share your experiences!