“Outstanding”

Four Seasons Hotel Denver
Ranked #3 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Added to my list of top five hotel expierences. if they had free wi-fi would be top three.
Edge restaurant also excellent.

Room Tip: Companionn plan
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank Jr. Md Thad C
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Denver

Reviewed 4 July 2011

We had a pleasant stay here; the staff were professional (the male spa/pool attendant really stood out for me with his charm and attentive demeanour) and the rooms were modern and well designed, however, the sound proofing is very poor (we could hear the couple down the corridor getting amorous!) which is unforgivable given this is a brand new property. Be sure to check your credit card statement as breakfast on our last night was charged to my card separately a couple of days after my stay. We would have preferred a buffet breakfast rather than a la carte but that's probably because everything looked so good!

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I have just spent the last week at this brand new hotel working on a conference. This is the first time I have stayed at a Four Seasons hotel in the US – my prior experience with this hotel has all been overseas, mostly in Asia, where the brand is considered one of the most luxurious among the top international hotels. I had high expectations going in and this hotel did not disappoint. Interior décor is luxurious but understated, with furnishings in muted earth tones (there is a lot of stone, glass and steel with sharp edges so families with small children need to be careful). The sleeping room is spacious with huge closets, and nicely furnished. The ceiling is high and the bathroom is the best I have ever seen: double sinks (with a long countertop), big bathtub, separate toilet, and separate shower (with a large rain shower in the ceiling and a handheld which gives an extremely strong stream of water – it’s the kind of shower that makes you want to stay forever). Instead of night lights in the bathroom, the two sinks are lit from underneath, which is a great design feature. There is also a TV discreetly located behind the mirror for those who want to watch TV in the shower or bathtub. Bath products are from L’Occitane, which is my favorite. Soundproofing is very good – the room is really quiet even when there was a huge party going on in the lobby – the hotel hosts a Thursday night pool party every week – but this week’s was rained out and relocated to the lobby and it was well attended). I didn’t get to try any of the restaurants in the hotel as our conference had catered banquet food daily. Some of the desserts are truly wonderful – definitely should try the bite size cupcakes (the red velvet with sour cream topping is a real winner, and so is the tangy lemon with butter cream topping) , large cookies (white chocolate chip with cranberries-yummy!). In addition to the hotel itself being a fantastic property, with very attentive and friendly staff – it’s also well located, two blocks from the 16th Street pedestrian mall, and one block from Larimar Square, which has some really nice restaurants (I recommend Tamayo, which has a roof top section with a roof (really useful when the temperature is in the upper 90s with the mile high sunlight!) The only complaint I can think of is the size of the swimming pool – which is rather tiny, although the pool area is a good place to sun and hang out (there is a bar and just about every evening there seems to be a reception going on) but if you want to swim laps you could get rather dizzy having to turn around every half a dozen strokes. But it was manageable, and it’s good that the pool is heated (there is also a Jacuzzi, since it can be chilly in the early morning and late afternoon. If I am back in Denver again, I will definitely want to stay at this hotel again – no questions about it!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The hotel is well situated and the staff was superb. It was a very enjoyable stay and the hotel very conveniently located to all sorts of great restaurants and attractions. In the heart of downtown Denver and right across from the theater district. Well worth a visit.

Also - superb with kids. I brought my family along for the work trip and our 6 year old twins couldn't get enough of the place!

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best views.
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I've stayed at a lot of hotels in Denver. This is definitely the best. It's a beautiful hotel with great service. It's pretty new, so there a few kinks to work out - but totally worth the price. Amazing bathrooms! Tub and shower options with a TV in the mirror! The rooms are extremely spacious and very well laid out.

1  Thank MattyDP1
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I stay in hotels all over the world and as with any Four Seasons this was a wonderful hotel. I was disappointed to see what was an obvious pay-off between the taxis and the doormen. The doormen are very pushy and took my luggage while I was checking out - without even giving me a choice. It was very awkward. Seems to be some real bribery going on between the doormen and the taxi drivers and it was way too obvious to the guests. I arranged my own taxi to pick me up - the one who brought me from the airport originally - and they made it obvious that he must pay money to them individually to wait for me. . I was shocked. When I asked my taxi driver about it - he indicated that this hotel was very corrupt to taxi drivers and that if you wanted to wait for a fare - you had to tip the doormen $10 to sit in the staging area each time. Money does not go to the hotel but to the doormen. I was disappointed to witness this happening at a Four Seasons.

1  Thank worldtraveler614
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I recently stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel in Downtown Denver, (June 16-19th). It's a beautiful hotel and the service was outstanding. The front drive guys really stood out to me. The Restaurant, Edge was beautiful and large, though we didn't get a chance to eat there I will make a point of it on my next visit! The location couldn't be better, and Denver is a great city and beautiful place to visit. To the previous poster who said that they don't have any DO NOT DISTURB signs, I hate to burst your travel bubble, but there is a button by the front door that you push for housekeeping and such. This is very common in newer hotels, and even older hotels are converting to this system as opposed to the old hang it on the door variety. I highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family