“Lots to offer but feels like a small boutique hotel in many ways”

Four Seasons Hotel Denver
Ranked #3 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 10 April 2012

What comes out when you're squeezed? If your a staff person at the Four Seasons in Denver, out comes a professional attitude and genuine smile. The true test of an excellent staff is how well they handle adversity. We had a "situation" with transportation that was resolved quickly and most generously (if you know what I mean).
Other pluses include: restaurant and bar food, wine list (ask for gems that may not have officially made their way to the menu yet), clean, comfortable rooms, staff, location (it's a reasonable walk to nearby sporting venues, shopping and the convention center), concierge is great, housekeeping excellent, rooms are spacious, elevators are prompt... Maybe that last comment sounds funny, but sometimes I've waited a loooong time in large(r) hotels. Also, we took advantage of the "companion stays free" package, which was a good deal all around.
Minuses: shower water pressure, robes and towels are not very soft, shampoo with a masculine scent, no slippers... minor things. The 24-hour work out facility is nice, but the equipment is a bit rickedy if you push yourself on the machine (imagine sloshing/spilling water). It's more like "home" level equipment instead of "professional" level. Lastly, the staffing in the often very busy bar was not adequate for a full hotel on a couple occasions, but we managed, and, again, the server remained pleasant and professional, despite being completely overworked.
This will absolutely be our "go to" hotel when we're in Denver.

Stayed: April 2012
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Hello,
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I just wanted to comment on the slippers. It is standard for our city properties not to offer slippers (Except here, we do provide them in our suites, since they have hardwood floors). However, we happily provide slippers to guests if they are requested. Also, our shampoo is by L'Occitane and the verbena scent is a citrus/lemon scent. Regarding the fitness equipment, our gym features very high-end TechnoGym equipment; if a glass of water placed in the cup holder is full, it could spill if the workout is very high impact, but we do provide lids and straws at the water station to prevent a spill. We do hope you will come back and visit us again soon!

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Denver

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Overall a very enjoyable stay. Lively bar every night, excellent health club and spa facilities

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BrianP259
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel, and it did not fail to impress me just as much again. Every person I encountered was extremely accomodating and friendly. Every detail in the room was perfect. The service in the lounge was great, and the bar was buzzing on Saturday night. I stayed at another hotel on Friday night and wish I had paid more to be here both nights. I cannot wait to go back again! What a great city, and this hotel is in the perfect location and really makes a difference in my entire stay!

Room Tip: There are some rooms with views overlooking the pool - pretty!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kelly G
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback! We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Beautifully appointed room, terrific service, very quick valet parking and retrieval, it was a terrific experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2012

There is nothing to write here except that everything at this hotel is perfect. The staff are the best I've ever encountered in my travels.. the rooms oh my.. the location... the views... the bed... check-in and check-out...the small touches.. you really feel like you've hit the jackpot here. Fantastic experience..

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank casamoir

Thanks so much, we are so glad to hear you had a great stay. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 March 2012

This hotel is by far the best in Denver and one of the best I've ever experienced anywhere. Loved the people who took the car, opened the doors, the ladies at the front desk, and Jason who I believe is a supervisor there. The staff cleaning the rooms were amazing. I believe Andres was a supervisor of the maids, and he was both friendly and professional. The rooms were impeccably clean. Room service was impeccable, restaurants were excellent as well. Everyone I met was very friendly and eager to please. I can't think of anything that wasn't above my expectations.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views. Those facing to the west have views of the mountains, while the oth...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

So wonderful to hear, thank you for sharing!
Hope to see you back soon!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Attended a 2-day company conference and enjoyed the benefits of staying in a true luxury hotel. Service was outstanding; doormen who do their best to remember your name or give you tips on best restaurants to walk to, and how to navigate from one great part of downtown to another.
The fitness center was awesome; spacious, which is a hard thing to pull off for any fitness center inside of a htel; and as nicely equipped as many premium gyms.
My personal thanks to Meghan, at the Spa reception desk.
I arrived 3 hours early for my conference and once I saw the fitness center, I knew I was going to get in my day's workout to make up for the fact I missed doing so at my hometown gym earlier that day due to travel.
I explained that my room wasn't ready so without a valid room key couldn't access the fitness center.
Meghan called the front desk, helped me gain access to the fitness center and locker room, which by itself could only be defined as luxury: huge, private walk-in showers, the ever-calming
And soothing "spa" music overhead......fresh brewed iced and warm tea, baskets of fruit....almost missed the first session of the conference I was there to attend!

Rooms are incredible, architectural masterpieces. Stacked stone at strategic places in the walls and in corners; glass walk-in showers; over-sized vanities, and high-end bath products.

Views are awesome; you're in beautiful Colorado anyway but having the majority of the rooms face west is an extra bonus.

The hotel's restaurant was great; service was attentive and food was 5-star.

From the doormen, to the young men and women working at the Spa, fitness center and locker rooms, to the restaurant wait staff, and even to the very cheerful maids, this hotel defines what service and luxury is all about.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TigerAL

Thank you so much for taking time to submit a detailed review and share your feedback with others. We truly appreciate it and are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon!