“Good but not great”

Four Seasons Hotel Denver
Ranked #4 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed three nights overlapping a weekend. The service was good but a little bland (did notice that a lot about all the Four Seasons hotels since the owner sold out). The recommendations from the concierge did not live up to expectations. The food both breakfast, lunch and dinner were so so. The service at the restaurant was bad. We have one waitress kept chatting with her co-workers and ignored us. Looks like she has some personal problems she needed to air. This is really a disappointing experience one would not expect from a Four Seasons.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tkng

Reviewed 2 July 2012

My wife and I flied to Denver from Australia to celebrate our 2 years wedding anniversary from 29th-Jun to 1st-Jul

We used to stay in Four Season in some other country like Qatar, Indonesia and etc with very good experience. Because of this time was for our anniversary, so we chose a corner room which pays $50 extra than the standard room. Therefore we had a higher expectation for our stay. However, I have to say I was total disappointed for the facility from this hotel and some services provided. Overall Four Season Hotel Denver did not meet our expectation. Here I just list some of the points for other visitor’s reference

1. The hot water system did not work completely for standalone tub at our the 2nd day‘s stay. That made the tub as decoration only. For a 5 stars hotel, this is not acceptable!
2. Drainage system was not in working order, have to call engineer to fix it.
3. The shampoo, soap, and lotion in the shower room did not been re-filled at the 2nd day, we have to call house-keeping by our self to equip them.
4. For our most important anniversary dinner in Edge restaurant, we did wait almost half hour for to get a seat which under even we had a reservation. This makes this reservation system like a joking.
5. Try to connect to internet inside room without any luck, then called front desk for help, and they said they would call me back, unfortunately I never receive the call back. (It was proved that the internet system was down for few hours, in this case, reception should be informed by IT dept at least, I may say there is lack of commutation for the system)
6. Ordered one beer at the pool side, and then give me another alcoholic drink instead. (even though, they did not charge me for that drink)
7. Pool was closed for private uses at 6pm on Sat without inform guests, except the ones came to the gate of pool to check the sign before the event. why not send a note to each room, or hang a sign at the porch in each leave
8. The dessert on the glasses office table charge $5 without any price tag nearby. We all thought that was a welcome sweet with free of charge!
9. Scale in the room was not working, another decoration.
....

All those things above are all acceptable and common for a 3 stars hotel. BUT, as a 5 stars hotel under four season’s name, charges almost $400 / night, they should not let their guests have such many experience just within only 2 nights!

With some improvements, I wish Four Season Hotel have a good business in the further.

Room Tip: Try to avoid room 1616 for their vulnerable tub system
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank XiaoZheng_Wang
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Hello,
Thank you for sharing this invaluable feedback with us. We are deeply disheartened to learn that your stay with us was less than superior. We are sharing this feedback with our managers so that we may continue to improve upon our service. When looking up this reservation, we had difficulty finding it. We would welcome the opportunity to talk with you over the phone about your experience. Please at your convenience, contact our Front Desk Operations Manager, at 303-389-3002, or please email me: sm.denver@fourseasons.com.
Thank you again, we look forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards, Dana Berry, Director of Public Relations

Reviewed 28 June 2012

I've been meaning to write this review for a bit. Took the family with 4 and 6 year old for family staycation downtown. The lobby looks ultramodern and zen, last place one would expect kid friendly service.....
From check in greeting, to kid sized robes, treats, and personalized welcome in the room, my children felt like rock stars!
I was won there, but when my son got sick in the room, housekeeping was up in a flash. I asked for a plastic bag for my son's favorite pajamas. When we returned from a museum outing, the pj's were valet cleaned and boxed for us without charge! Best mommy rescue ever.
I look forward to returning this weekend without the kids......

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The Four Seasons has a reputation to always be the best, and this hotel lives up to all expectations. Spotlessly clean, lightning fast service, welcoming staff. I'm a big coffee drinker and I ran out of coffee in my room, called housekeeping and a gentleman appeared within 2-3 minutes with a bag full of an assortment of single serve coffee pods. The room was huge, I had a corner room overlooking the pool and downtown, great room location. The staff at the pool were great, the food amazing. I also like my room a bit cooler than average, and with Denver going through a heat wave, I was surprised the air conditioning held the room at a comfortable 65 degrees. I would not stay anywhere else in Denver, this property is typical Four Seasons, it's perfect.

Room Tip: Corner room, 811, 911, 1011, etc.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Loved how the humidity in the bathroom from a shower was immediately gone! Never fogged up mirrors even after long hot shower. TV in the bathroom mirror delighted my daughter. You never have to worry about cleanliness in a Four Seasons Hotel and this one was also excellent in cleanliness. Modern decor was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I took my fiance to The Four Seasons in Denver for his 50th birthday. We spent the weekend and had an amazing time! The spa was wonderful, the in room dining service was impeccable with delicious food, the staff at The Edge did a great job on the surprise dinner party for my honey...I cannot say enough good things about the experience. We loved it!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thanks so much for celebrating a 50th birthday with us! How fun. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Kind Regards,
Dana Berry, Director of Public Relations

Reviewed 24 June 2012

We arrived after a day on the road, our last night of vacation after a week of hiking. We were tired and grumpy, looking forward to elegant accommodations and a swim in the pool. Let me also say that we have stayed in some of the nicest properties around the world, including many other Four Seasons hotels and resorts. So I was not at all pleased when on check-in, we were informed that we would not be able to use the pool, as it was booked for a private function. When I asked why we were not informed of this, the woman at the desk told me that since I had made my reservation so long ago (six months earlier), they had no way of knowing. I told her to cancel my reservation and we would stay elsewhere! With this, she called her manager out. And this is where the Four Seasons, or at least this manager, Robert Delaney, shines. In truth, to make me satisfied, all he would have had to do would have been to upgrade our room, or discount our room rate. I would have been fine with that. But instead, he did both, upgrading us to a beautiful suite and discounting the rate. He turned a negative into a positive, and I was truly "wowed" with the customer service. It doesn't stop there. The gentleman who brought our luggage to our room noticed that our cooler, with which we had traveled for a week, was low on ice, and so he topped it off. Then he asked if we wanted a small refrigerator brought to our room as well. The room was clean, modern, large, and comfortable. The breakfast the following morning was exceptional. We tried the huevos rancheros, the egg white omelet, the hazelnut pancakes, the muffins, and coffee. Everything was delicious! Nice decor, too. My expectations are higher for a Four Seasons than for a Sheraton. This Four Seasons did not disappoint, and next time I am in Denver, this will be "home."

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Hello and thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your stay. We are so glad to hear that we were able to turn around your experience into a positive one and wow you! Thank you so much. We know your visit was quick and we hope next time you are able to spend more time with us! Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back. Kind Regards, Dana Berry, Director of Public Relations