“great room, great staff”

Four Seasons Hotel Denver
Ranked #3 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Austin, Texas
“great room, great staff”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We had a very comfortable bed, nice room, great dinner recommendation. The room had a nice view of the city. The concierge recommended a nice restaurant with good cocktails and a great steak. This was an unanticipated stop in Denver because of a flight cancellation

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Greetings, sounds like your unexpected stop turned into a great stay in Downtown Denver--from our luxurious rooms to a concierge-recommended restaurant!

Thank you for the review.

Director of Public Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Spoiler alert! I'm still mad at these guys. So we are subscribers at the theater in Denver
and had tickets on our 28th wedding anniversary. We decided to stay overnight at the Four Seasons (should have gone to Hotel Teatro which has always been lovely). We took the wine, dine and unwind package which seemed like a good deal. Room was lovely - great bathroom, turndown service etc. all to my taste. Check in, valet, etc all great. But it stopped there. Dinner was ok but was accompanied by flashing lights the entire time due to some kitchen malfunction which the waiters told us was not unusual. Basically like eating in a fire zone. As I said food was fine, not top class. Even though we were on a package we were presented with a bill for $120 for the food only. We tipped and paid seperately for the wine that we had - not a $120 dinner by any means. I can give you 6 or 8 restaurants in the vicinity that would outreach this for less or similar. Our waiter was lovely no issue there. After the theater we came back to the bar to have a drink (our package included cocktails but we would have wanted to unwind anyway). Three (yep 3) private parties in the bar - you would have had to seriously need a drink to bother. We went up the road to the office where we often go before the theater and had an enjoyable martini. Breakfast in the room was fine, also given a $44 bill for that - and when I checked out it was on the bill despite being part of the package. Sorry, even at a top class hotel, $44 for eggs and sausage/bacon before tip? As a follow up, I stupidly left a couple small items in the room and called a half hour or so after check out to get them picked up/mailed. Security told me they would call me back shortly, no call. I spoke to them 5 hours later and they had my items and told me they would mail them but I needed to fill out an email - no email - 4 days and several calls later they have yet to email me. Finally got an email today, please fill in attachments, no attachments. Email, no response, Call the hotel, 3 times get put back to the poor girl on the front desk because the security phone I presume is being routed back to her.

Top Class Hotel...................... not thinking so. I live here - but will choose differently in future.

n

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank barclaykoby
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Greetings, thank you for writing us about your recent stay. Our "rooms division" supervisor, Michael Boyer would enjoy talking with you and can be reached at 303.389.3000. Again, thank you for your invaluable feedback!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 February 2014

One of the nicest four seasons in a great town, but I found the service to be terrible. Bellman service almost nonexistent, front desk support limited and follow up terrible.
To add some color commentary, I left a pair of jeans in my room and was told they had the articles (makes me wonder why they didn't contact me to let me know) and I needed to fill out a form and send a copy of my driver's license (along with delivery payment) - I sent this documentation more than a month ago and still no word from FS. What makes it more frustrating is I had a similar situation with the FS in Costa Rica and they overnighted he articles at no cost or documentation.
Also, they placed me in a handicap room without notification (not that big a deal, but would have been nice to inform me the hotel was full and this was the only option).
Bottom line, one of the nicest FS hotels I've stayed (and I stay quite frequently with business and pleasure), but the service leaves a lot to be desired.

Room Tip: room poor rating due to the fact I was placed in a handicap room without requesting.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SKramer2013
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for your invaluable feedback, as we can only improve by customer comments like yours. Our Security Department does follow specific procedures to ensure that all found items are properly identified, recorded and returned to our guests. To discuss the policy further, please do contact me at 303-389-3000, as well as your room assignment.

Thank you for your compliments on our hotel, and I look forward to talking with you.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I've come to expect the Four Seasons hotels to be consistently excellent, and Denver is no exception. The room was comfortable and tasteful, the burger via room service one of the best I've ever eaten, and the service was impeccable. The bed and linens made me reluctant to go back home. The front desk went out of their way to help with a document issue. The water pressure could be better (I am a sucker for water pressure) but otherwise this was perfect. Will plan to stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Denver, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for visiting our hotel, in the heart of downtown. I will pass along your compliment on the in-room dining burger. I am pleased to hear that the linens and bed allowed you to have a restful sleep.

London
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Very friendly staff, I was fortunate to get an upgraded room, which was very welcome after a long day and a long flight from London. The room was very well equipped and had plenty of space to double as an office, and I found the basic wifi service sufficient for my needs, in addition, the Nespresso machine was a nice touch.

The shower and rain shower were excellent which was coupled with a generous supply of L'Occitane toiletries, which helped one to relax. The bed was comfortable, although not in the top tier of comfortable beds at similar price bracket hotels I have stayed in.

The hotel is a short, 5 minute walk from an excellent street containing many and varied restaurants catering for a wide range of tastes and budgets.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the "business-friendly" offerings of our property, as well as our bathroom amenities. Please visit again soon.

Jackson Wy
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I usually stay at the JW Marriott in Denver but this trip i stayed at the Four Seasons because i needed to be downtown. The rooms are outstanding, the lobby and bar are beautiful and the food was very good. The service is a bit informal for an urban Four Seasons Hotel but it was competent and friendly. Ask for a room on a high floor with views to the west so you can see the Rockies!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing us! We are glad to hear you found the staff friendly and that you found time to enjoy EDGE Bar. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Smith Center, Kansas
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Our Daughters wedding was in this venue and it was beautiful. The only complaint is the front dest staff was rude and many many times uninformed of what the other staff was telling us! My 88 yeaar old Mother and the Grandmother of the Bride was told there was not a room for her and as you can imagine upset her terribly! The valet dropped all the Tuxedos and of course they were immediatly taken to their cleaners and I was promptly billed an outragous amount! I called front desk and was told oh we of course will take this off the bill but........after checking out realized they have put the charge again on my bill! Other than these problems the rooms were wonderful and as a venue for a wedding it was fantastic! Angie who coordinated the wedding was wonderful and made sure it all went without a hitch!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family