“On their game this time”

Four Seasons Hotel Denver
Ranked #4 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have spent the night at the Denver Four Seasons three times in the last three months. I am a local, so these were stay-cations for us. I had wanted to try the Four Seasons for years, but it is pricey. They have a Wine Dine and Unwind package that is a real bargain. This was what we booked our first two visits. Our first visit was stellar and I understood what all the buzz was about. The Four Seasons was definitely "all that." The second time was not nearly as stellar and there were several bumps. I provided feedback along the way, but for a less than 24 hours stay, it was pretty disastrous. I gave feedback at check-out and a manager over heard me and talked to me right away and invited us back for a comped stay. This weekend we took them up on that stay. They made sure everything was what is expected for a Four Seasons experience. The (upgraded) room was lovely. The bed is comfortable and the linens are high quality. The in room coffee/tea service is a Nespresso, super easy to use and makes a good cup of coffee (according to my husband) and if you just need hot water for tea, it doesn't have that coffee taste most coffee makes produce. The soaking tub is awesome and they have the coolest thing I have ever seen in a TV embedded in the mirror in the bathroom. Turn down service includes a filled ice bucket and little carafes of water on each bedside next to a glass.

It was National Rum Day and I wanted a rum drink, so I went down to the bar and asked for a couple cucumber mojitos. It was one of the best ones I have ever had. Not too sweet or too sour from too much lime. The restaurant manager, who I'd given feedback to last time, saw me and came and said hello and he hoped this stay would be a more positive experience.

We enjoyed dinner at the restaurant Edge and they gave us a comped appetizer to try to make up for our disappointing experience at our previous visit. Service was excellent. My wine glass never got close to empty and dishes were cleared quickly. The food was very good. There was a lot of it!

Back in our room, still wanting to celebrate National Rum Day, I called room service around 11pm and asked for a shot of Zacapa rum from the bar. Although this is not on the room service menu I was told this would be no problem.

We had breakfast at Edge in the morning and they were more than happy to make my Eggs Benedict a little different. Our waiter was excellent and enthusiastic, offering recommendations and checking on us but not hovering. My husband asked for a Sunday paper and one was brought to him and he was given a couple choices.

I spent some time by the pool. This was an area where there had been several shortfalls last visit and they have all been addressed. There is a Sun Butler who clears chairs that are not being used, and helps you set up and brings water or checks if there is anything you need. The poolside food and beverage service was very attentive. A waitress came by within ten minutes and when I asked to see the drink menu she brought it and water, and I was only there about 1 1/2 hours but they came around with water refills at least a couple more times and someone asked me several times if I needed anything and I was addressed by name. The pool bar manager came by to check if things were better this time. It was a very enjoyable experience.

We asked for and were given a late check-out. The valet even remembered my husband's car! I wonder if they have to pass a memory test to work there.

My husband forgot his iPhone charger and they were able to charge it for him at the front desk. They also have free Wi-fi. You can upgrade for a fee, but the basic is free. The parking fee is a bit outrageous at $38 a night.

I would not hesitate to return, and although I know they were looking out for me, but I saw all the other guests getting the same awesome service.

If you want a high end experience and are in Denver, or are a local and want a great stay-cation, book the Four Seasons. It is awesome in every way.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are an upgrade but the views are awesome and the soaking tub is amazing.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank actran
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for your frequent visits to our property, especially that you live nearby. I am glad to hear that we turned around an experience you had with us--and hope you will become a return customer over the years. Additionally, I appreciate the specific compliments on turn-down service, cocktails at EDGE Bar, swift restaurant service, sun butlers at our pool and valet. For parking, we are within market standard for pricing. I have passed your invaluable feedback onto our entire team to review.

Come back soon.
Director of Public Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,568)

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed in the Four Seasons for a week for a business trip in August. I was highly impressed by the room, staff friendliness/courteousness, and the level of service provided by all FS employees.

I was really impressed by the size of the room and the attention to detail within each room. The bathroom is fairly big and well appointed.

The complementary Internet (didn't try the premium version) was good for routine tasks but had more difficulty with video (non-streaming).

Ordered room service one night and the food was reasonably priced (for room service food) and the service was great from delivering the food to picking the food up when I was done.

One thing which would have been great would have been the ability to choose the fresh fruit delivered to the room, but this was a great perk.

I did not park a car here, but I did utilize the valet service for transportation with the hotel car. Great the times I used them.

Due to the popularity of the hotel for weddings, if you want early check-in on a Sunday, it is best to call well ahead of time or be willing to have the concierge hold your bags for a bit prior to check-in (which they will bring your bags to your room once it is ready).

Will be looking forward to staying at the FS Denver for future stays!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments on our helpful staff, attention to detail and room service. We appreciate the feedback on fruit selection and check-in.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

As many of the rave reviews already speak reams about this hotel's performance, I too want to attribute it with some superlatives, that you guys truly deserve. A really fantastic place to stay in a wonderful city. Location, ambience, Services and everything else was just unbeatable for those 3 nights for us. But the best and most prizing surprise was to discover , after entering our room was, the Welcome Messages that you wrote for my 14 month old. It was really unexpected, and it just was a kind of Midas Touch that made simple things and acts look really really nice.
You are in the middle of city, close to all attractions including Denver's awesome line of Mexican Restaurants. Good Job Guys.
Edge Restaurant, at the ground floor, I found it to be really overpriced for the food they serve, especially since a world of good is available to you at just a stone's throw away from this hotel.
My word for the hotel is - Just GO FOR IT, It's worth the price you pay.

Room Tip: Try getting a Mountain View or the CornerCity View Rooms, on the higher floors , those are worth the...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SNisheeth

We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I am excited to hear your child received a few "extra touches," as we enjoy welcoming our littlest of guests. We hope you'll return and we can "wow" you at EDGE Restaurant, a leading steakhouse of the Mile High City.

Jim Guttau

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I don't hand out 5 stars much but this is well deserving. After 1 star stay at Sydney Four Seasons this Denver FS's totally redeemed themselves. We had room 61 on NW corner with views of city and mountains. Rooms were spotless and staff was extremely help and very knowledgeable of the area. Good internet speeds. Parking was a bit steep at $32 night. If price is not a factor this is a top hotel to stay at. There are plenty of local restaurants - we had room service once and Eggs Benedict were excellent (expensive). We asked for a frig (for extra beer and wine and snacks) which they delivered to room for free.

Room Tip: NE facing rooms high up give awesome views of the mountains.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bill B

Greetings, thank you for your five-star rating! We appreciate the compliments, such as the delivery of a refrigerator, and hope you return soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was in awe upon entering my room. The guest rooms are beautifully designed and modern. The bathroom features an electronic mirror with a TV embedded in it. Sheets are soft and all of the details are thought of. Great service too! Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Janelle P

Greetings, I am glad you enjoyed many aspects of the guest room, especially the TV embedded in our bathroom mirrors--a guest favorite.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Four Seasons in Denver is fine. It's clean, the rooms are fairly spacious, the staff is polite. It's just nothing to write home about. There wasn't anything special or unique about my experience there, it might as well have been an especially nice airport hotel.

I was also a little frustrated that our room basically looked out into what might be described as the Times Square of Colorado--massive light-up advertisements all around. So it was not exactly the most restful space.

Gorgeous bathrooms though.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher-up floor to avoid the advertisements. Although I did and still got shafted on like...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 00Daniel

Greetings, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It's through customer comments that we improve our service and products daily. If you wish to discuss your comments further, our Front Office Manager, Stephanie Walker, would enjoy talking with you--at 303.389.3000.

Jim Guttau

Reviewed 6 August 2014

First night of our honeymoon, they upgraded us to a corner suite. Everything was beautiful from the bedroom to the bathroom.

Gorgeous view of Denver and the Rockies. It was amazing to look at the view outside our window.

Great service, they made us feel very welcome.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aaron L

We are thrilled to hear you chose us as your honeymoon destination! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the upgrade to a corner suite--as well as the expansive views.