“Still working out the kinks.”

Four Seasons Hotel Denver
Ranked #3 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Boston, Massachusetts
“Still working out the kinks.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2010

The Four Seasons Denver is a nice hotel that I'm sure will eventually be a great hotel, but during our visit they seem to still be having issues with the service that you wouldn’t expect at a five-star hotel.

We experienced a couple of instances when the staff was not focused on people waiting at the reception and concierge desks. Our room was also not cleaned until very late in the day (after 5 PM) one day. Also, our first room also had a broken TV, which we had to notify them about twice before switching us to another room.

Most of the staff was great and the room was very comfortable, but the hotel isn't to the point where you would know it's a five-star hotel unless you were told so.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Newman_5a_5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2010

We had a wonderful stay while attending a conference at the convention center a few blocks away. The hospitality was wonderful and typical of other 4 Seasons where I have stayed. The facility is beautiful, Western Modern is how I would classify it - upscale yet relaxed. The lobby is gorgeous with fresh flowers and a fireplace (gas). The room was large and I was lucky to have a mostly unobstructed view of the mountains and sunsets (asking for a room on that side will be worth it). I only had breakfast (twice) in the restaurant, but there was a nice selection, the service excellent, and the food very good and well presented. I thought the price was typical of hotel breakfasts at a Hyatt/Hilton style restaurant but of a much better quality.
Everywhere we went the service was excellent and everyone went out of their way to be friendly. I can only assume that there will be growing pains as the teams come together in this brand new hotel and that it appears that management has already responded to previous reviewers' comments. I would definitely return, especially if I could get the rate through Orbitz that I got by pre-paying. My only complaint was that the swimming pool is outdoors and therefore seasonal (and not open in November). There may have been a hot tub in the spa area, but I didn't explore there. The tub was roomy and I soaked there instead.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2010

We did not experience the lack of hospitality that the other reviewers did. in fact we were greeted enthusiastically every time we came back to the hotel. we did have a problem when we checked in, where the room we were given was occupied when we opened the door. I am not sure that this was entirely the hotel's fault but perhaps partially the man in the room who was let in by a maid. we were given another room and the management did make several efforts to compensate for the inconvenience. the rain shower overhead drips even when it is not being used. The location is great, across the street from the Denver Performing Arts and lots of good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2010

Our extended family recently stayed at the new Four Seasons, Denver. For the positives, the rooms are well appointed, large and very clean. The TV in the bathroom was fantastic. The lobby had free coffee, muffins and papers and the hotel was immaculately kept.

Now the negatives, the service needs to be improved In some areas. Firstly the hotel offers an overnight dry cleaning service. I had two items for cleaning and I requested these be returned by 07:30am (usual drop off time is at 07:00am). 1.5 hrs later at 09:00am I had my clothes after repeated calls to laundry, front desk and concierge. Another time I left a good tip for housekeeping, with a note for extra tea and milk (and no extra was left). They also stated that the hotel offered a free hotel car to Cherry Creek Mall, but when asked to be taken was told that the car will not be operational for another week as it had not arrived yet.

We got a fantastic rate because of the opening special, but if we had to pay full price we would have been disappointed. I understand that they are a new hotel, and a few issues need ironing out, however compared to other Four Seasons hotel the Denver Four Seasons is lacking in service.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Pepi2010
Highlands Ranch
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

My wife and I stayed at the new Denver Four Seasons Hotel this past weekend. The hotel opened for business on Tuesday so we were excited to experience all the Four Seasons had to offer. First about the property:

The location is excellent - steps away for the 16th St. pedestrian mall and steps away from the Denver Center for the Performing Arts. The lobby is attractive and modern and unlike the Ritz Carlton Denver is separated nicely from the restaurant bar and Edge restaurant. The spa is comfortable and relaxing yet not as impressive as expected. If you want an example of an excellent spa, try the Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch. The workout facility under-performs as there are very few free-weights and the machine weights are low quality. The guest rooms themselves are excellent. The rooms are decorated in a modern/Colorado design. The bath area is designed with a television in the mirror, waterfall bath faucets, and rain-nozzle shower. The marble floors and abundant mirrors accent the bath well. The beds are somewhat comfortable but still don't hold a candle to the Ritz-Carlton.

Now for the negatives: The hospitality is non-existent. When we first checked in, one of the check-in gals commented on my shirt (vintage national restaurant chain shirt) and then proceeded to destroy the brand talking about how bad the food is, how it makes her feel, etc. Little did she know my wife and I own and operate 5 of those restaurants. When you walk through the hotel, the staff does not smile or acknowledge you as a guest. The spa staff is marginally friendly. The most hospitable staff members seem to work in the valet department. Upon checking out we waited over 30 minutes for our bags to be brought out to us (had them stored for the day during our walk in the city) and there was no apology.

We will most likely not be going back and will continue to support the Ritz-Carlton brand where hospitality is king! Sorry Four-Seasons, you struck out.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple