“Great hotel! Excellent customer service. Highly recommend! :)”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #25 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 June 2011

This is a great hotel, especially for a business traveler. The complimentary cook-to-order breakfast in the morning is absolutely fabulous, it is a great way to start your day. They also do a complimentary Happy Hour (known as the Manager's Reception) every evening. It was a great to wind down. The customer service was great, especially at check-in plus the bellboys were also great.

Finally, the hotel is so clean! I am a big stickler for cleanliness so I always look around the room to make sure everything is up to my standards. This hotel exceeded my expectations. The room was spotless.

I also recommend this hotel because of its close proximity to shopping, places to eat,other attractions.

This is truly a great place to stay in Denver.

Room Tip: Sign-up for their rewards program.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sek0921
Emb_Suites_Denver, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! We take great pride in the cleanliness of our property and I am glad this stood out to you during your stay. Come back and see us again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,827)

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Loved my stay here. I highly recommend it for business travel, travel with families, anyone who wants to have more space.

Positives: Right across from the convention center, easy access to Denver attractions, very friendly and knowledgeable staff, AMAZING breakfast included (with cooked-to-order eggs, tons of fresh fruit, yummy hot food..all included!), complementary snacks and beverages in afternoon (including alcoholic drinks), nice view of mountains from lounge area and some rooms, spacious rooms. I really liked having a "suite" so that I could have a colleague stop by without the awkwardness of that person being in your "bedroom." The living room area was huge. There was a nice selection of toiletries including a make-up wipe cloth (nice touch).

Negatives: Had to pay for internet service. There is supposed to be free internet in the lobby but on several days was unable to connect -- so they finally gave me complimentary internet to compensate. The pool is more of a soaking pool as it is quite small. Plus, the access to the pool is right behind the main desk. That is especially awkward for a business hotel -- I prefer not to walk past colleagues and grey-haired professors in suits, while I'm wearing a pool cover up only and dripping pool water.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us during your recent conference! It is definitely a great value to have a cook-to-order breakfast and our Manager's Reception included and we are glad you were able to enjoy both of them during your stay. We hope to see you back the next time your travels bring you to Denver!

Reviewed 8 June 2011

We stayed here for a weekend trip to Denver with my wife and two kids. We had a great stay at this embassy suites. The hotel is new and therefore very clean. Great staff and wonderful evening reception (if you don't know about embassy and homewood receptions check it out, free booze is always a plus in my book. The hotel has a made to order complimentary breakfast that is the best free breakfast I have ever had. The layout is a little funky as you check in on the fourth floor. It would have been helpful to have more signs telling you where to go but once you know it's not a problem. The rooms were very spacious and have a unique design which is refreshing. The pool was very warm which is great for kids and they have a nice workout room as well, but no hot tub. Overall we had a great stay and we will return.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank darindcox
Emb_Suites_Denver, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2011

Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as your great review! We are very glad that you and your family had such a great time at the property and I hope we have the opportunity to host you again in the near future!

Reviewed 30 May 2011

After being in Colorado Springs for my step-son's graduation from the Air Force Academy, we wanted to spend a few days relaxing in Denver. I used my Hilton Honors points to book a room at the Embassy Suites downtown. Upon arriving, we were greeted by the valets as if they had been expecting us. Upon checking in, the service was top rate. Being a new hotel (it opened in Dec. 2010) the decor is top notch and the rooms very nice. The restaurant was very good and room service was brought very quickly the two nights my step daughter ordered it the nights my wife and I went out to dinner. The location is excellent with many restaurants and shops within walking distance. Like most downtown hotels, it is pricey to valet ($28 per day) but overall this is a fantastic value when you consider free breakfast and drinks from 5:30 to 7:30. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Julie W, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2014

First off, thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Brand and to Embassy Suites in particular. We are very pleased to hear that you and your family had a fantastic time while staying with us! We strive, in every department, to make each guests experience one they would not forget We hope that you do come back and visit us the next time you make it Denver!

Reviewed 16 May 2011

We stayed in this hotel May 12-15, and we really enjoyed our visit. My husband is a Hilton Honors Diamond member, so we used points to stay for my UC Denver graduation weekend. The staff is friendly, helpful, and prepared to handle any questions you have. Everyone was welcoming--the front desk (especially Mr. Puchan--sorry I can't remember the first name), room service staff, breakfast staff, the valets (and we didn't even have a car to park!). The hospitality was wonderful. Our room was spacious and clean, and we slept very well. The location is great for getting to all of the downtown attractions, especially the convention center, which is directly across the street. We ate at the complimentary full breakfast each morning, which was great. We also visited the manager's reception each afternoon for a couple of cocktails and snacks. That was really nice after a long day of walking around the city. Finally, the night we arrived, we ordered room service because we were so tired from traveling. Maybe I have lower expectations due to bad experiences with room service before, but this was actually very tasty. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in downtown Denver.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bama78
Emb_Suites_Denver, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Denver Downtown for your recent stay! We take great pride in our facility as well as our staff. I will make sure to pass along your kind words to Mr. Puchan as well as my room service and valet teams. We hope to see you back soon when your travels bring you back to Denver!

Reviewed 12 April 2011

We have stayed at many, many four star hotels, but our recent stay at this Embassy Suites eclipses just about all of them. From the moment we pulled into valet, we were treated with friendliness, helpful attitudes, top notch customer service from every employee we met. Not only were our questions answered, the recommendation for dinner and directions to where we needed to go were spot on and accurate. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. Even the snacks at the manager's reception were a notch above normal, with fresh veggies and hummus dip, tables quickly cleared and bar service that was speedy and friendly. Love this place and can't wait to go back!!!

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay as well as your great review! We are very proud of the service we offer and I will make sure to pass all of your kind comments on to my staff. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2011

We stayed here two night in March for a mini get away. The staff were fantastic. Very nice new hotel. Very pleased. Only down side was when we booked they promised a roll away, then on arrival said it wasn't possible. We worked around it but that keeps me from scoring it higher. Great breakfasts and manager's reception, too. Very pleased overall.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Emb_Suites_Denver, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2011

Thank you for your stay as well as your great review! We are very proud of our new property and we are glad you and your family enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you back soon!