“Great service, excellent hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #21 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Champaign, Illinois
“Great service, excellent hotel”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I spend two nights a the Embassy Suites Denver-Downtown and while the hotel facility was great, it was the staff that made the difference. From the bellman who checked my bag after an early morning arrival so I could go straight to a conference meeting, to the desk clerk who sent me a text message when my room was ready, to the clerk who made confirming my shuttle reservation and printing my boarding pass painless, it was a great stay. Add this to an exemplary breakfast and a great room with a view of the mountains, it will be my go to hotel for my next trip to Denver

1 Thank dhoemann_11
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 September 2011
Thank you so much for the excellent review of our hotel. I appreciate all the excellent comments you posted about our staff, and will make sure that they get passed along. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 September 2011

After an awful stay at Kimpton's Hotel Monaco in Denver, I sought out the Embassy Suites as an alternative. I'm SOOO glad I did, because not only did I save money but I actually liked the hotel and their customer service MUCH better! I've chosen this location a few times recently and I've really enjoyed the stays. The hotel is relatively new so the condition of the rooms is pretty good. The breakfast is EXCELLENT and unbelievable for the price! The happy hour leaves a bit to be desired (popcorn??) but that's a minor thing for me. This hotel hits it on all major considerations: cleanliness/condition of rooms, bed comfort, ease of reservations, friendliness of staff/customer service and billing/rates. No complaints -GREAT job, Hilton!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Thanks for all the excellent comments you shared about our hotel. We hope that our hotel will become your new "home away from home". We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Albuquerque
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We stayed here for just one night because I was attending a business meeting in the hotel. It's perfectly located two blocks from the 16th street mall. The hotel is beautiful with a wonderful lobby area and atrium. I had lunch in the restaurant and had a terrific, reasonably priced, caesar salad. The complimentary breakfast was very good too. Staff was friendly and attentive for the most part and we really appreciated the opportunity to check in early.

Our room was very nice and similar to other Embassy Suites, but the layout of the hotel is a little different. The lobby is on the 4th floor and the meeting rooms are on floors 2 and 3. The first floor is basically an entry point with a desk that appeared unstaffed when we were there.

The only weird thing that happened that I really did not care for was some sort of problem with the elevators. The staff was never clear about what was happening, but the elevators weren't working for quite a while and we were stuck on the first floor. There was no way to even climb the stairs to the 4th floor to wait until they began working again (we were staying on the 14th floor) because the doors were locked and no one seemed to know how to unlock them - or even where the stairs were. It was really odd. Emergency personnel were wandering around the first floor area looking for the stairs!

I tried to get some information (so we'd know how long we were going to have to wait), but it was very difficult to communicate with the staff. There were bellmen and valets nearby, but they didn't know a thing and when I used the phone at the unstaffed desk, I kept getting passed to different people with no answers. I finally found someone who appeared to be a manager and he simply said that the stairs were unaccessible "to keep homeless people out." He seemed really indifferent to the situation and even appeared annoyed that I was asking.

Anyway, it really is a very nice place and perfectly located, but the elevator situation made me very uncomfortable.

1 Thank rbr0wn
I appreciate the review about our property. I wanted to apologize about the issues with our guest elevators. We have implemented some new procedures on how to improve the way these situations are handled going forward. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights with Family over the Labor day weekend.
Was really impressed with the location of this hotel a short 5 minute walk to the 16th street mall.
Hotel lobby is on 4th floor and was puzzled by this intially. On entering the lobby we were all pleasantly surprised by the design and feel of it. Huge glass walls, internal courtyard and a real attention to detail.
Our suite was spotlessly clean, with a living room area with flat screen and desk, a wet bar with microwave and fridge opposite the also spotless bathroom. And a large enough bedroom with tv, 2 queen beds and dressing table area.
Breakfast on the 1st day was extremely busy. But there is a large selection and a chef ready to make any sort of egg dish of your choice.

Only downside is the noise of the light rails right outside the hotel on 3 sides. Can get very noisy up until 10pm

Will still use this hotel on any return trips to Denver.

Starbucks is also next door to the main entrance of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Thanks for the fantastic review of our hotel, and the pictures you attached along with it. We look forward to serving you and your family in the near future.
Portage MI USA
Reviewed 12 September 2011

One of the most luxurious hotels we have experienced. Beats Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and others

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
We appreciate the great review of our hotel! Please make sure to stop by in the near future.
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We arrived very early into Denver, Co and the Embassy suites allowed us to check in much earlier than planned due to having a spare room. We were very pleased with the exceptional service. As always, they had a great hot breakfast complete with omlettes. Beautiful decor, clean room, fridge and microwave, 2 flat screen tvs (one in living room and 1 in the bedroom), 3 sinks ( one in the bedroom, one at the bar, and one in the bathroom...a great stay at a great hotel!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Thanks for posting the great review! We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again at our hotel.
Selestat, France
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I stay there only one night but enjoyed a lot !
The situation is just perfect, less than 5 min walk to the 16th "mall" street and not far from the Capitol.
I enjoyed the "manager time" at the bar, free drink with little appetizers between 5pm and 7:30pm. The hall is well organized and includes a beautiful fountain, water flows along windows.
The room was huge : I had a kind sized bed in front of a 37" flat TV screen, and a separate lounge with a sofa, a desk, and another 37" flat TV screen.
There was also a locker in the room.
The only bad point is the in-room internet price (10$/day). But I enjoyed the free access in the business center. There are 2 computers freely available and you can also plug your laptop.
I didn't try the "pool", it doesn't seem to be designed for swimming (small and at most 4ft depth) but rather for relaxing. The fitness room is small but correctly equipped.
Breakfast is rather nice, with on-demand made omelette. French toasts and pancakes weren't awesome, but correct since these were available as buffet. There could have been more fresh fruits choice, this is the only negative point about the breakfast.
The parking is expensive (28$/day). However, there are numerous parkings near the hotel for less than 10$/day.

1 Thank J0ky
I wanted to thank you for posting a great review about our hotel. We hope you will join us again when your travels bring us to our area again.