Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
GreenLeadersGold level
Hamden, Connecticut
“Great stay”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

All the staff were absolutely fantastic, the hotel is really different and unique, it is literally 80 feet to the convention center, and two blocks from 16th Street Mall. Terrific value, and Brian always had a great smile and attitude making those omelets first thing in the morning. A great start to a day away from home. Could not recommend this property any higher.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
I'm glad you had a great time during your last stay with us. We hope you will be back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites for most of my stay in Denver, CO. When I walked into the hotel, I was a little confused to find that check-in is on the 4th floor, not the floor that you arrive in Cab/Car/Bus but what you find on the 4th floor makes up for it. There's a restaurant that takes up pretty much the entire 4th. They offer Chips, Drinks, and Dip between a certain hour at night, I believe. When I walked into the room is was a lot bigger than I imagined! There was a living room, wet bar area, bathroom, & bedroom. The bed's were very comfy! The next morning, we arrived to breakfast (Make sure you get their early). It was very crowded compared to other hotels I've stayed at. It is wonderfully located Downtown, walking distance to the 16th Street Mall. I would recommend this hotel to anyone of my friends!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MPTanis
Thank you for posting such wonderful comments about our hotel! We appreciate the feedback you provided and look forward to having you stay with us again!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed at this location for 3 weeks for work and was amazed with their staff. I travel extensively throughout the US and this staff was the best I've encountered which is saying quite a lot. I was also pleasantly surprised with their breakfast crew, Joe and Brian, who make the made to order custom omlets! Great job guys! I bragged to all of my family and friends about your omlets each morning during my "morning texting sessions". They were all quite jealous and my boyfriend was excited to join me for my last weekend in Denver just to taste the omlets. He was not disappointed. I also worked with Scott the sales manager since it was an extended stay and he was fabulous too! I wish everyone in this world was as easy to deal with as this crew. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
We are thrilled that we were able to become your "home away from home" during the last few weeks in Denver! I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with a great review on TripAdvisor, and we hope you come see us again soon!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I had a great experience staying at the Embassy Suites Denver Downtown!! Immediately upon arrival we met Jack the front desk agent and I have nothing but good words to say about him. He greeted us with a warm welcome and checked us in. Our rooms were well cleaned and huge. The beds were very comfy and they had a refrigerator and microwave which was an added bonus. During our stay we encountered some problems so we went back to Jack and he was able to go out of his way to help us which made our stay much more enjoyable. The hotel has a great breakfast and the omelets were amazing! During the evening there was a free happy hour from 5:30-7:30 which was a pleasant surprise as well!! I would come back here on my next trip to Denver!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room to see the Blue Bear peeking into the convention center!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Justin P
I'm glad that Jack was able to take great care of you during your recent stay with us! I will make sure to share all of your comments with him, and we are looking forward to your next visit!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I stayed at the Denver Downtown Embassy Suites because I saw the great reviews and my usual hotels were either all booked or ridiculously expensive because of a convention that was in town. This hotel is AMAZING! I've stayed at a few of Embassy Suites' typical suburban locations and have always found them clean and comfortable. This hotel takes the style and comfort to a significantly higher level. I believe the hotel opened in early 2011, so it still feels new. The decor and finishes in the lobby are classy and contemporary. Service was excellent. I did not take advantage of their free breakfast or their evening manager's wine reception. The room was exceptionally clean and quiet and the bed slept very well. I was on the 15th floor and there were massive thunderstorms and tornadoes in the area the night I stayed - great light show out the window, and I never heard the thunder. It was even quiet enough to almost completely cancel out the ridiculously loud and annoying choo-choo steam whistles and bells form the over zealous downtown trolleys. And, their rate was reasonable even with the rest of downtown being sold out. I would absolutely stay here again. Honestly, the only things keeping this property from being on par with a high-end luxury hotel is the absence of fuzzy slippers, plush robes, and some fancy bath product. Be aware that you will get hit with $29 per night for parking - pretty typical now for downtown hotels. On the plus side, the valet always had my car waiting for me by the time I got downstairs to pick it up.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better and they offer an upgrade to a "mountain view" room. The view is...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Luckily for us all of your usual hotels were full during your last trip to Denver. We would love to become your new "home away from home". I am pleased to hear all of the wonderful things you had to say about our hotel. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Denver area.
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Located in the heart of downtown Denver, minutes from the 16th Street Mall, I was pleased about the security provided. Requiring a room key to operate the elevator and positioning the breakfast buffet on the 4th floor added extra exclusivity!
The breakfast was delicious and the staff couldn't have been better. They were very attentive, but they didn't hover or bother anyone too often. Thank you for a wonderful stay!!! 6/16/12 - 6/17/12 Room 523

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
We love to hear when our guests had a wonderful stay with us! We appreciate the great comments and hope to have you stay with us again soon.
Townsend, Montana
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I spent 4 nights at the Embassy Suites in downtown Denver for a conference. I checked in around 8 PM and was starved after traveling and the restaurant was still open. I was happy to find the prices very reasonable. I had a carrot soup that was to die for with a salad. So filling that I could not finish the salad. The room was spotless and quiet and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever had in a hotel. The staff was always friendly, curteous and helpful. When the business center was busy, the front desk person happily printed out my boarding pass the last evening I was there. The made to order breakfasts were wonderful and the evening happy hour changed up the appetizers each night. The only thing that was disappointing was the swimming pool. It looks large in the photos but is a postage stamp 4 ft deep pool and water was not very warm. But, everything else was wonderful and great location in downtown.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor for a wonderful view of downtown. I was on the 5th floor but a friend was on a hi...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
I wanted to thank you for providing us with feedback from your last stay with us. We will be sure to use your feedback to enhance our services in the future. I hope to see you again soon.