Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #27 of 161 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We came down from the mountains for a weekend getaway to see Cirque du Soleil and visit downtown Denver. The service from valet to front desk was impeccable. The suites were clean, quiet and extremely comfortable. Our only disappointment was the temperature of the pool. It was a bit chilly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

I wanted to thank you for the great review you provided us! I have heard great things about the Cirque du Soleil show! We hope you come visit us again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,851)

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 4 nights. Check in was fine with no issues. The suite was very large with a living area and table with a kitchenette leading to the bedroom with a door. The bathroom is across from the kitchenette. The kitchenette has a very small refrigerator with no freezer or ice maker. There is a microwave countertop and sink. The closet was small but I had enough room to hang 4 business suits and other clothes. There is a safe inside the closet. The bathroom was good size and everything worked fine.

The separate bedroom had an additional vanity and sink along with a 2nd TV and a desk. The window shades were fantastic at completely blocking sunlight in addition to the heavy drapes.

Now for the problems. On the first day I noticed the refrigerator was not cooling my drinks at all. I contacted the front desk, and they sent Robert to my room about 15-20 mins later. Robert was incredibly polite and helpful and changed out the refrigerator within minutes of his arrival. He explained to me about how the AC worked and ask if there was anything else my suite needed. He was very good, and I hope Embassy Suites treats him as a valued employee.

What I did not like was that my shower was full of black mold. I also started paying attention to the lack of cleanliness overall in my suite. The corners of the bottom lip of the frame around the bathroom mirror where both caked with dust. The floor had black scuffs in the bathroom as well as the kitchenette. There was dust over all the wood in the living room. The carpet looked unvacuumed for a while. I hate to sound picky, but I expect the rooms I rent to be immaculate. After all, they should be cleaned every single day leaving no dust and marks behind. This hotel is nice, but if something doesn't change with the housekeeping it will surely look and smell run down well before it should. I do hope they improve.

He breakfast was fantastic every morning. It did get very busy and the line grew very long each morning. 2 open lines for omelets would have helped.

• Stayed: August 2013
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you for sharing some feedback from your recent stay with us! I'm very concerned with the cleanliness of your room and can assure you that this will be addressed with my housekeeping team. I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us, and I would love if you come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We travel a fair bit and stay in many hotels and in other rental properties. This property hit a solid home run prompting this, my first ever, on-line review.
From the moment we pulled up our expectations were managed in as ideal a way as was possible. Tom, the car jockey and parking attendant, broke the bad news to us immediately that there would be a $31 charge for overnight parking. We made sure that we hadn't pulled into the Manhattan property by accident!! But he advised us to take the matter up at check-in, as we did.
Justin Platt checked us in to this spotless and chic property. He was outstanding, too. He explained sheepishly about the exorbitant $31 parking fee and promptly knocked it down to $20, still a lot but we felt a whole lot better. He even provided us with free wifi. We were treated as royalty, if at times a bit too nicely, if that's ever a real flaw in the hospitality industry!!
Our room was perfect. Our request for hypoallergenic pillows was honored with gusto and immediacy. The decor of the whole property was crisp, modern and chic, very pleasing. The room setup was beyond reproach: the sitting area was comfortable, well lit, and offered a practical yet welcoming work area as well as ample plugs for charging our electronic devices; the rooms were separated by a door which, most unfortunately, is not always the case for this style of property; and the bedroom was flawless, featuring our requested king bed and the most comfortable hotel mattress I'd ever slept on.
Breakfast area and the food were as expected and the nicely dressed staff were over-the-top friendly and attentive.
Checkout was smooth and without error and our vehicle was brought to us upon our request in a flash. We asked directions for one thing and another and they all turned out to be perfectly accurate.
Only one flaw-the cable TV in this hotel, as is the case in all Hilton properties, offers a fair number of channels and a clear laminated channel guide but the inexplicably long pause as you change channels up and down is very irritating. Hilton tech people really have to improve this one feature that is dragging them down across their enterprise.

Room Tip: Beware! If you don't like heights, be sure to request a room on a lower floor. The internal at...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Barry N
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you for providing us with a fabulous review on TripAdvisor! I'm glad that Justin and Tom were both able to make your stay extra special! I will be sure to share your review with both of them and we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband & I stayed at the Embassy Suites for three evenings and I wish we had planned to stay longer! Check-in was a breeze, the room was wonderful, and the free breakfast and cocktail receptions were greatly appreciated. The location was very convenient. We walked to some of the area brew pubs, the baseball game at Coors Field, and to a bike tour - never felt unsafe. I'm already looking forward to a longer return visit - we plan to rent a car next time and venture a bit farther from the hotel. This hotel is in a great location for a visit to Denver!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

I hope you had a great time at the Rockies game during your stay! Our hotel is in a great location for many of the downtown attractions! Thank you for providing us with some feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed at this Embassy Suites for one night in between 2 days of a GREAT family reunion. The hotel is very nice, beautifully decorated & the beds were soooo comfortable. The bathroom floor could have been cleaner, though. The breakfast was fantastic, had lots of variety & the service was great. We were disappointed in not having 'snacks' available at 8:30 on a Saturday night. (other than the hotel restaurant) The hotel gift shop was small & not well-stocked, Starbucks next door was closed & the vending machines on each floor only had drinks. The front desk staff was exceptionally nice, as were the valets. LOVED the view of Mile Stadium off the 16th floor, since our beloved Bronco's had their 'scrimmage' that same night. :)
We would stay here again, despite a couple of small issues! Overall, great place!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

I'm glad that you had a great stay with us! I hope that you didn't get too wet at the Broncos scrimmage this last weekend! It is going to be an exciting season and we hope you come back and stay with us during the season!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

LOVED this hotel! It is not only beautiful, but the complimentary breakfast was delicious. Hotel manager and staff were extremely accomodating. Will definitely stay here again. Went for business but would like to come back for leisure.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Hi, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay! I'm glad that you felt at home with us and we can't wait to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stayed from 4 nights in the Downtown location. The room was very dirty under the sofa and throughout the room. The carpets were very dirty to the point it made your socks or feet black after walking on it for awhile. The valet is expensive but the guys were super attentive and prompt

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

I wanted to thank you for providing us with some feedback from your stay at our hotel. I also wanted to apologize about the cleanliness of your suite. This is certainly not the standard at our hotel and I can assure you that it will be addressed. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly at 303-592-1000 to go over more details of your stay! I hope to hear from you soon!