Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #22 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Warrensburg, Missouri, United States
“Awesome Stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

This was one of 3 hotels we stayed in on our way to Dillon, CO. It was by far the best!! VERY comfortable for our family of five and the breakfast was simply amazingl! I loved the area...ran in the morning all over downtown Denver. It was my children's first glimpse of the mountains. We had a great view from the 16th floor! I would highly recommend this location for a Denver stay! It was a little more costly than our other stays, but worth every penny!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
It's great to hear that we stood out amongst the other two hotels that you stayed at on your trip to Colorado! I hope that you all had a great vacation up in Dillon, and we hope next time you choose to stay with us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend for our anniversary. Husband booked(and paid extra) for a mountain view room.....our view consisted of the parking garage across the street!! In all fairness if the building across the way was not there we might of been able to see a mountain.
Reception hour drinks were GREAT, snacks not so much. Breakfast was good, they need to consider finding a new way to set up though since it was not very easy of a flow to get to the drinks because everyone was waiting in line to get the cooked to order eggs.
Valet was excellent, pricey but excellent!

• Stayed August 2013
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
I'm glad that you and your husband chose our hotel as the location to celebrate your anniversary! I hope that you both had a great time, and we hope to see you both again soon!
Hartford, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed at the suites for business and it was a nice experience. Great location and nice staff. Amazing complimentary breakfast experience. The suites have plenty of room. I stayed for 8 Nights/7 days and it was very comfortable. My only complaint was room cleaning was slightly sloppy. My second that I spilled some stuff on the floor which made it obvious they did not vacuum the entire week if they did they need a better vacuum. Otherwise, plenty of towels and soaps. It made my long stay feel very comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I'm glad that you chose to stay at our hotel for the length of your stay in Denver! Thank you for also providing us with some feedback from your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team and we hope to see you again soon!
Florianópolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

The hotel is very good. Clean and very comfortable rooms, nice breakfast, corteous staff.

But I was charged almost $150 more than what was in my "express check-out" without any apparent reason. Contacting the customer support, Alan Conway said "It is my understanding that the management of the Embassy Suites Denver Downtown emailed you to explain the pending charges in question were temporary authorizations set to be released." First of all, I haven't been contacted about these pending charges. Second, what do these temporary authorizations refer to? And third, if I really have to pay these charges (please prove me why), I want a receipt containing them.

According to Alan Conway, if I want to discuss this further, I have to call them. Why can't I address this over e-mail?

Room Tip: Higher floors have a nice view of the Rocky Mountains
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback! In regards to the extra $150 dollars you are seeing; our hotel will authorize the credit card of each guest an additional $50 dollars per night to cover any incidentals. At the point of check-out we release those authorizations and it can take up to 7 business days for the charges to clear from your account. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me directly and I would be glad to assist you. We hope you come visit us again soon!
Grand Lake
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

We came down from the mountains for a weekend getaway to see Cirque du Soleil and visit downtown Denver. The service from valet to front desk was impeccable. The suites were clean, quiet and extremely comfortable. Our only disappointment was the temperature of the pool. It was a bit chilly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I wanted to thank you for the great review you provided us! I have heard great things about the Cirque du Soleil show! We hope you come visit us again soon!
Tomball
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 4 nights. Check in was fine with no issues. The suite was very large with a living area and table with a kitchenette leading to the bedroom with a door. The bathroom is across from the kitchenette. The kitchenette has a very small refrigerator with no freezer or ice maker. There is a microwave countertop and sink. The closet was small but I had enough room to hang 4 business suits and other clothes. There is a safe inside the closet. The bathroom was good size and everything worked fine.

The separate bedroom had an additional vanity and sink along with a 2nd TV and a desk. The window shades were fantastic at completely blocking sunlight in addition to the heavy drapes.

Now for the problems. On the first day I noticed the refrigerator was not cooling my drinks at all. I contacted the front desk, and they sent Robert to my room about 15-20 mins later. Robert was incredibly polite and helpful and changed out the refrigerator within minutes of his arrival. He explained to me about how the AC worked and ask if there was anything else my suite needed. He was very good, and I hope Embassy Suites treats him as a valued employee.

What I did not like was that my shower was full of black mold. I also started paying attention to the lack of cleanliness overall in my suite. The corners of the bottom lip of the frame around the bathroom mirror where both caked with dust. The floor had black scuffs in the bathroom as well as the kitchenette. There was dust over all the wood in the living room. The carpet looked unvacuumed for a while. I hate to sound picky, but I expect the rooms I rent to be immaculate. After all, they should be cleaned every single day leaving no dust and marks behind. This hotel is nice, but if something doesn't change with the housekeeping it will surely look and smell run down well before it should. I do hope they improve.

He breakfast was fantastic every morning. It did get very busy and the line grew very long each morning. 2 open lines for omelets would have helped.

• Stayed August 2013
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for sharing some feedback from your recent stay with us! I'm very concerned with the cleanliness of your room and can assure you that this will be addressed with my housekeeping team. I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us, and I would love if you come stay with us again soon!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

We travel a fair bit and stay in many hotels and in other rental properties. This property hit a solid home run prompting this, my first ever, on-line review.
From the moment we pulled up our expectations were managed in as ideal a way as was possible. Tom, the car jockey and parking attendant, broke the bad news to us immediately that there would be a $31 charge for overnight parking. We made sure that we hadn't pulled into the Manhattan property by accident!! But he advised us to take the matter up at check-in, as we did.
Justin Platt checked us in to this spotless and chic property. He was outstanding, too. He explained sheepishly about the exorbitant $31 parking fee and promptly knocked it down to $20, still a lot but we felt a whole lot better. He even provided us with free wifi. We were treated as royalty, if at times a bit too nicely, if that's ever a real flaw in the hospitality industry!!
Our room was perfect. Our request for hypoallergenic pillows was honored with gusto and immediacy. The decor of the whole property was crisp, modern and chic, very pleasing. The room setup was beyond reproach: the sitting area was comfortable, well lit, and offered a practical yet welcoming work area as well as ample plugs for charging our electronic devices; the rooms were separated by a door which, most unfortunately, is not always the case for this style of property; and the bedroom was flawless, featuring our requested king bed and the most comfortable hotel mattress I'd ever slept on.
Breakfast area and the food were as expected and the nicely dressed staff were over-the-top friendly and attentive.
Checkout was smooth and without error and our vehicle was brought to us upon our request in a flash. We asked directions for one thing and another and they all turned out to be perfectly accurate.
Only one flaw-the cable TV in this hotel, as is the case in all Hilton properties, offers a fair number of channels and a clear laminated channel guide but the inexplicably long pause as you change channels up and down is very irritating. Hilton tech people really have to improve this one feature that is dragging them down across their enterprise.

Room Tip: Beware! If you don't like heights, be sure to request a room on a lower floor. The internal at...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Barry N
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you for providing us with a fabulous review on TripAdvisor! I'm glad that Justin and Tom were both able to make your stay extra special! I will be sure to share your review with both of them and we can't wait to see you again!