“Staffing and Service Issues - Great Location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #21 of 154 Hotels in Denver
Lake George, New York
“Staffing and Service Issues - Great Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Our first night we checked in and there were dirty glasses outside our room on the floor. There were no washcloths, no shower curtain, a dirty stiff washcloth hanging on the shower rod and popcorn on the nightstand. I wish I made this up. I called the manager and he offered to switch our rooms and give me Honor points which was very nice. The new room was cleaner but still not as clean as I'm used to. To get a bottle of water at the hotel store and receive an itemized receipt you had to wait for them to print an entire inventory of everything the store sold that day and find your transaction....which still didn't say water. The restaurant was horribly understaffed. The hotel is conveniently located to everything we needed and the valet guys were great. They need to address their staffing issues before I would ever consider staying here again. Cleanliness is #1 for me and this hotel was not up to par.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jenny B
Heather M, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 13 October 2014
I am so disappointed that this was your experience with us. This is so far from what you should be able to expect when you stay at any hotel, especially ours. If you do decide to give us another chance to have you as our guest, I know you will find it to be a completely different experience. From staffing, to service, to cleanliness - I'm confident that we can not only meet, but exceed your expectations! I would love the opportunity to personally oversee your next reservation to ensure your stay is everything it should be and more.

heather.martin@embassysuitesdenverdowntown.com

I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our Embassy Suites.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is my second weekend night stay at the Embassy. I like this location. You are close to all of the downtown Denver sites, but it has none of the downsides of being right in the middle of the downtown area (other than $33/day valet parking).
Suites are very nice, well maintained, and clean.
If you like a strong flowing shower, you are out of luck.
Also, breakfast was somewhat of a disaster. They don't seem to have it figured out that their omelette stations creat major backlogs. If they could find a place for them out of the main flow, maybe the lines wouldn't be so bad. The long lines made breakfast stressful and unenjoyable.
This is a great place, but there are opportunities for improvement.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Steveatus
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are happy that we got to have you as our guest two weekends! I appreciate your feedback regarding our breakfast flow. I can assure you that this feedback is being used by our Food and Beverage leadership team to make improvements. We're proud to offer a delicious complimentary breakfast and we want to ensure our guests can enjoy it without stress. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you for choosing our Embassy Suites!
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Visited Denver for a business trip. I stated at the Embassy Suites as it was the conference hotel. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The staff is very polite and attentive. Bridget in particular was very nice and helpful.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your glowing review! We love to hear from our happy guests. I'm happy to see the compliments to Bridget specifically. We are so lucky to have her. Please come back to see Bridget, and the rest of our wonderful staff, again soon! Thank you for choosing our Embassy Suites!
Palos Heights, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Have stayed at many Embassy Suites, am a Hilton Honors member. Stayed at this Embassy 5 nights between 4/3 and 4/8 with 200,000 honors points. Loved the hotel and location, however the service is a bit lacking.
#1. On 4/4, after eating breakfast the kitchen doors closed at exactly 9:30am and was informed that I was unable to refill my decaf coffee, even the bus people could not get me a refill. Suggestion, please put a decaf pot along side the (2) regular pots sitting on the table in the eating area.
#2. On 4/5 we received the Folio and were informed that now we need to pay cash for the remaining 3 nights. Spoke with Guest Services and proved to them that we were paid up entirely for 5 nights, Emily was gracious enough to fix this mishap for us, thank you Emily.
#3. On 4/6 we left the room 11am and did not return until after 8pm and found our room had not been serviced by housekeeping, however the daily tip was missing. Again spoke with Guest Services and housekeeping was dispatched immediately. G. Hord, Chicago

Room Tip: Room was quiet, A/C blows on you in bed, need to adjust vent or turn up temp. When you turn down t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gabriella H
I am sorry to hear that your experience with us did not live up to the high standards you should be able to expect from an Embassy Suties and from any Hilton hotel. We love when our Hilton Hhonors members come to use their hard earned Hhonors points with us and want to ensure its always a rewarding experience. Though we failed to provide that on your last stay, I do hope you will give us another chance to wow you with our service. We've put great attention and effort into building a service culture that can't be beat. I am confident that your next stay will not only meet, but exceed, the high standards we've set. We certainly hope we have the opportunity to do so. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback!
albuquerque, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Great service, awesome happy hour!!! Beautiful lobby decor, and great free breakfast, and I hate mornings!! Our room had a weird smell in it, and the pool was too cold. But I would stay again for sure! The free happy hour basically paid for my room every night LOL

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Hillary B
Stephan M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thanks for your review, we are very happy to see how happy you were!
Please tell all your friends and come back soon, we are expecting you!

Stephan & team Embassy
Des Plaines IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Embassy Suites was perfect for me. It's across the street from the Convention Center, had a free hot breakfast, and a free manager's reception. (I always got there too late for food, but the free drink was nice!) The hotel itself is a green building, which I appreciated. I loved the way my suite was arranged, and actually spent too much time there instead of wandering around downtown Denver! I had lunch at the restaurant most days, as it was convenient, and had good food, and was not overpriced. The bell pepper stuffed with quinoa and curry was especially good. Convenient to the 16th street mall and lots of restaurants. Staff was as nice as could be. I loved sitting in the lobby (which is on the 4th floor), sipping a drink, and listening to the recorded jazz. Highly recommended.

1 Thank LadyJanePottle
Stephan M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Excellent review, thanks SO much for your time and well crafted review posted here for the tripadvisor community.

For team Denver Embassy Suites Downtown,
Stephan
Littleton, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

$33 VALET PARKING IS REDICULOUS Rooms are nice but for a non business weekend night it's overpriced. I can find better values. Park across the street for $15. The line for the manager reception was long and slow as was the breakfast buffet, we ended up skipping these.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Hello and thank you for your high rating review. Parking in downtown Denver is always a very expensive proposition and we are actually lower priced then our competition, where parking goes for north of $40.

We hope to see you again soond and really thank you for your business!

For team Denver Embassy Suites Downtown,