Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #25 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I enjoyed the stay-- has an excellent complimentary breakfast and very nice room. The lobby is a fantastical place. I failed to understand the AC in the room (I think it was turned off from a master switch or something) after waking up too hot in the middle of the night. Only real drawback is they want to charge for wifi. I'm really not a fan of that in this day and age, especially when paying more than $150 a night for the room.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Heather M, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2014

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the stay. Our AC units are an exciting element of our Silver Leed certification but we understand that they can be tricky without proper instructions. We've recently begun posting clear instructions in each room to help avoid guest confusion and frustration. In addition, we've focused on additional training to ensure we are advising every guest about the complimentary wireless internet that we are pleased to offer in the 4th floor lobby and business center. I apologize that we failed to get this important information to you during your stay. We do hope you will come and be our guest again soon! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I recently stayed at the ES in Downtown Denver and was pleasantly surprised at the property and the staff. The hotel is quite modern for an ES but still had the regular free breakfast and happy hour. The staff was very courteous from the valet staff to the front desk. The room was nicely updated and the sheets were very nice. Again very surprised at the quality of this hotel. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone. The bonus was the number of great restaurants and bars within walking distance of the hotel.

1  Thank NDakotaTransplant

Thank you kindly for your 5-star review. Pleasantly surprised is always a great guest response. Please come back to stay as our guest again soon. We will continue to make sure you leave feeling as though the experience was a wonderful surprise!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The location is convenient and centrally located to Convention Center, restaurants and shopping. The suites are spacious and have great amenities. The staff from the valet to front desk to room servie (Bridget in room service) went out of their way to help and make our stay comfortable. The only critism is that the noise from the light rail which goes right by the hotel can wake you up if you keep your window open.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and your special mention of Bridget. She takes such great care of our guests; we love to see the appreciation here on TripAdvisor! The next time you come to stay, we'll try to place you on the other side of the building so that you can enjoy fresh air with the windows open and not have any disturbances. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Had the choice of staying either at this location or the Hyatt next door for a recent conference; so glad that I chose this property. The hotel is located directly across from the Denver Convention Center which made it a ridiculously easy walk to my conference sessions.

It was so nice to not feel I was being "nickeled and dimed" during my stay. Free wifi, breakfast and managers reception; all benefits for staying at an Embassy Suites. In addition, the hotel had a very convenient Business Center, which had easy access to not only computers, but a printer. Printer access saved me from not having printed my notes for my upcoming presentation. I was able to access my files and print with no difficulty.

Apparently I was supposed to ask for a room for a view of the mountains. I had a view of the nearby parking deck. It would have been nice to be able to partake of such a view , since it was my first time in Denver.

The bellhops/valet staff are wonderful. They got me a cab within a matter of minutes after inquiring about getting one. They also were very helpful by providing directions to the nearby Walgreens (Stout &16th - people from East Coast, make sure to buy a case of water, you are going to need it when adjusting to the air in the Mile High City) and to other properties located in the downtown region.

I would give this property five stars, but two experiences with housekeeping keep me from doing so. One morning I found that I did not have any coffees mugs to consume my in-room coffee so I called to have some delivered brought to my room. It took about 45 minutes and one follow-up phone call to finally get the mugs. I had a similar problem with requesting a need for more toilet tissue. You would figure that housekeeping would want to quickly get such a necessary commodity to me, but again it took a while to get a roll.

I strongly recommend the Embassy Suites Denver. If it was not for the lacking response from their housekeeping staff, it would have been perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains.
1  Thank Koridawn

Thank you so much for your feedback. WE are so glad that you chose this property! We appreciate your compliments, especially the one to our incredible valet staff. I'm sorry for the delays you experienced when requesting items that you should have had in your room to start with. You will be happy to hear that we have implemented an entirely new procedure for communicating such guest requests so that our valued guests aren't left waiting. We look forward to your next stay so we can show you the improvements we've made. Thank you for choosing our Embassy Suites - we know you have many options and are thankful to have had the opportunity to host you. Next time, we'll be sure to get you a mountain view!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Our first night we checked in and there were dirty glasses outside our room on the floor. There were no washcloths, no shower curtain, a dirty stiff washcloth hanging on the shower rod and popcorn on the nightstand. I wish I made this up. I called the manager and he offered to switch our rooms and give me Honor points which was very nice. The new room was cleaner but still not as clean as I'm used to. To get a bottle of water at the hotel store and receive an itemized receipt you had to wait for them to print an entire inventory of everything the store sold that day and find your transaction....which still didn't say water. The restaurant was horribly understaffed. The hotel is conveniently located to everything we needed and the valet guys were great. They need to address their staffing issues before I would ever consider staying here again. Cleanliness is #1 for me and this hotel was not up to par.

2  Thank Jenny B

I am so disappointed that this was your experience with us. This is so far from what you should be able to expect when you stay at any hotel, especially ours. If you do decide to give us another chance to have you as our guest, I know you will find it to be a completely different experience. From staffing, to service, to cleanliness - I'm confident that we can not only meet, but exceed your expectations! I would love the opportunity to personally oversee your next reservation to ensure your stay is everything it should be and more.

heather.martin@embassysuitesdenverdowntown.com

I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our Embassy Suites.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is my second weekend night stay at the Embassy. I like this location. You are close to all of the downtown Denver sites, but it has none of the downsides of being right in the middle of the downtown area (other than $33/day valet parking).
Suites are very nice, well maintained, and clean.
If you like a strong flowing shower, you are out of luck.
Also, breakfast was somewhat of a disaster. They don't seem to have it figured out that their omelette stations creat major backlogs. If they could find a place for them out of the main flow, maybe the lines wouldn't be so bad. The long lines made breakfast stressful and unenjoyable.
This is a great place, but there are opportunities for improvement.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steveatus

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are happy that we got to have you as our guest two weekends! I appreciate your feedback regarding our breakfast flow. I can assure you that this feedback is being used by our Food and Beverage leadership team to make improvements. We're proud to offer a delicious complimentary breakfast and we want to ensure our guests can enjoy it without stress. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you for choosing our Embassy Suites!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Visited Denver for a business trip. I stated at the Embassy Suites as it was the conference hotel. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The staff is very polite and attentive. Bridget in particular was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your glowing review! We love to hear from our happy guests. I'm happy to see the compliments to Bridget specifically. We are so lucky to have her. Please come back to see Bridget, and the rest of our wonderful staff, again soon! Thank you for choosing our Embassy Suites!