“Excellent location, great staff, so so housekeeping”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #21 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
State College, PA
“Excellent location, great staff, so so housekeeping”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This hotel could only be more conveniently located to the Denver Convention Center if it were actually inside. I was exhibiting at Brew Expo, and it was so nice to be so close.
The staff was friendly, professional and helpful. They do try to “supersize” everything though, such as allowing you to check in early if you upgrade to a room with a view. When I hesitated, I was told internet connection would be around $12 / day, so for an extra $20 I would get a corner room with a view and internet included, which is a good deal. Thinking that for 3 days, I would save money by using this option, I took it for myself and my colleague checking in later. However, on the third day I learned that it was $20, per night, which is not a good deal at all, however it was not presented as PER NIGHT.
Upon entering my room I found dirty pillowcase and debris on the carpet – I call it debris, because besides lint and the usual things you might find on carpeting that was not swept, I found a stick. I took photos and went to the front desk. Immediately, two people were in my room, running the vac and changing sheets, along with apologies and an offer of lunch, wine or Hilton points. They went out of their way to fix the problem. Overall the hotel is well maintained, but the floors in the hallway could use a vac.
Lee in shipping and receiving brought out four boxes shipped to me, put them on a cart and walked me to my booth inside the Convention Center. Very nice guy, and very helpful.
Michael in reception helped me with shipping packages after the show, recommending a great restaurant, and reserving a black car to take me to the airport. He was very friendly, very helpful and went out of his way to provide great service.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank TravelingBZ
Stephan M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Excellent review, thanks so much!
For team Embassy Suites Denver,
Stephan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Came out for business early on a Monday and the hotel staff found a room for me before the normal check-in time. I was stunned by the lobby, really open and beautiful. The staff was extremely helpful and attentive. Couldn't ask for more. However, my best experience was with room service. When I couldn't decide what I wanted, Bridget, who took my order, offered a couple of suggestions. It was fabulous, and arrived in significantly less than the 30 minutes promised. I've never received a better room service meal, and in less time. Really enjoyed my stay.

1 Thank Earl E
Stephan M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for your great review and your nice comments, we appreciate you!

Please tell all your friends and come back soon!
For team Embassy Suites,
Stephan Meier
Denver, United States
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I really felt this place accommodated my every need. I highly recommend it for families, given the spacious rooms and complimentary breakfast, food. The fitness center had ample machines, even for the morning business crowd. The dining room area was enjoyable and meeting tables provided an intimate setting.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you from our 160 employees for your wonderful rating and very kind words, we are humbled and deeply pleased knowing how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

For team Embassy Suites,
Stephan Meier
Connecticut
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel is across the street from the convention center so if that is your purpose, this is perfect.. The hotel rooms are super spacious and very comfortable. I love the added space of the suites. Included in the price is an excellent breakfast buffet with made to order omelets, etc. but an unbelievable added benefit is a FREE afternoon cocktail hour (limited choice of free drinks, but includes wine beer and standard mixed drinks!). You would expect the convenience and added benefits would make this hotel very expensive but it is not. It is very reasonable for all that you get.

If you are not in Denver for a convention, this hotel is still a good choice. It is centrally located and a short drive to everything. There are not a lot of restaurants immediately around it but it is just 4 blocks to Larimer Square and several primo restaurants and night life.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank gnolect
Heather M, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 13 October 2014
Thank you very much for your 5-star review! We love hosting our convention travelers and our non-convention travelers alike. Both seems to appreciate our central location here in the heart of downtown Denver. We know there are many hotels with great locations so we strive to provide exceptional service and outstanding amenities, like our complimentary mananager's reception, to keep our valued guests coming back! Thank you for choosing our hotel for your convention stay!
Portland, United States
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I enjoyed the stay-- has an excellent complimentary breakfast and very nice room. The lobby is a fantastical place. I failed to understand the AC in the room (I think it was turned off from a master switch or something) after waking up too hot in the middle of the night. Only real drawback is they want to charge for wifi. I'm really not a fan of that in this day and age, especially when paying more than $150 a night for the room.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the stay. Our AC units are an exciting element of our Silver Leed certification but we understand that they can be tricky without proper instructions. We've recently begun posting clear instructions in each room to help avoid guest confusion and frustration. In addition, we've focused on additional training to ensure we are advising every guest about the complimentary wireless internet that we are pleased to offer in the 4th floor lobby and business center. I apologize that we failed to get this important information to you during your stay. We do hope you will come and be our guest again soon! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I recently stayed at the ES in Downtown Denver and was pleasantly surprised at the property and the staff. The hotel is quite modern for an ES but still had the regular free breakfast and happy hour. The staff was very courteous from the valet staff to the front desk. The room was nicely updated and the sheets were very nice. Again very surprised at the quality of this hotel. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone. The bonus was the number of great restaurants and bars within walking distance of the hotel.

1 Thank NDakotaTransplant
Thank you kindly for your 5-star review. Pleasantly surprised is always a great guest response. Please come back to stay as our guest again soon. We will continue to make sure you leave feeling as though the experience was a wonderful surprise!
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The location is convenient and centrally located to Convention Center, restaurants and shopping. The suites are spacious and have great amenities. The staff from the valet to front desk to room servie (Bridget in room service) went out of their way to help and make our stay comfortable. The only critism is that the noise from the light rail which goes right by the hotel can wake you up if you keep your window open.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review and your special mention of Bridget. She takes such great care of our guests; we love to see the appreciation here on TripAdvisor! The next time you come to stay, we'll try to place you on the other side of the building so that you can enjoy fresh air with the windows open and not have any disturbances. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay!