Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Just OK”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Hotel is nice and convenient to convention center. Room was not clean upon check-in and smelled very musty. Changed to 2 additional rooms that smelled the same. Finally gave up and stayed in the 3rd room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Stephan M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear traveler,

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate learning from our guests always. We inspected the room and could not determine any aroma/smell but we certainly realize it impacted your stay and experience and for this we apologize. As a precaution we have shampooed and deep cleaned the room once more and reinspected it once over. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Stephan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Moorhead, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Close to the converter center and modern with good beds, great sheets and great location. Lots of restaurants in the neighborhood and food shopping too. My check was met with a rather talkative clerk wanting to explain everything in the greatest detail but he did take care of me well. Too much is better than too little.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Traveler,

Thanks so much for your kind review and we agree with you that a curious, chatty and welcoming arrvival experience beats too-litte-information everytime. Glad you enjoyed your stay, come back soon!

Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Hotel is pretty. Staff is helpful and friendly. The room set up was great as the "family area" was close to the hallways and the bedroom was on the opposite end. Room was clean and the bed was comfy. Hotel is close to many downtown features and you can either walk or take a pedicab to the places you want to go. The mile walk to the Pepsi Center was a breeze. Breakfast was good and offered fruit and eggs was well as the traditional breakfast items.

Dear Traveler,

Many thanks for taking your time for this review, we are glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and hotel. Come back soon....!

Loudon, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 April 2014

From the moment we walked in we experienced very helpful and friendly employees. The hotel lobby interior gives you a very peaceful and serene feeling with its earthy atmosphere. We just lingered in the eating area and lobby admiring the decorative features. Even though the breakfast was the normal Embassy Suites fare, the food was fresh and displayed pleasantly. Our favorite part was being treated like we were in a fine restaurant by a breakfast host Kerry Nash. We enjoyed the coffee so much, that he took the time to get us the name and chatted with us. It is a short walk to the 16th street mall area with shopping and restaurants. The rooms are clean and nicely appointed. Our only drawbacks in not giving it 5 stars were the powdered looking eggs on the buffet,(but you are able to get made to order), and the $33.00 parking fee. But there is parking next to the property at about $12.00.

Room Tip: Mountain view room was isolated from main hallways, so more quiet.
Dear Traveler,

We are so glad to learn that our team was very friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed your stay so much.
kansas city, United States
Reviewed 25 April 2014

If you want to stay with friendly people check out Denver. The view was great and the area was a lot of fun. I would come back and stay in the same place if Downtown was on my agenda. Check out the Hammonds candy factory, Boulder and the Garden of the Gods, all with in a short drive.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Traveler,

We are so fortunate to have a very high amount of completely satisfied and happy customers and we appreciate knowing that we made a new one with you. Thanks for your kind words and terrific review.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I had an exceptional time while staying at the Embassy Suites - Denver Downtown for a convention in January. My room was great and the location was fantastic. Close to the convention center and walking distance to many restaurants, bars and a few shops. What stood out about my expereince was the level of detail in service. I travel extensively for work and I can honestly say this was the best service that I have received at this category of hotel - possibly the best service at any hotel ever.

I arrived very late on a Sunday night and having not eaten since breakfast called down to room service to see if they had anything left, as it was several minutes after the kitchen closed. Bridget was incredibly nice on the phone and allowed me to order off the dinner menu. She had my food up within 10 minutes and assured me that they were happy to accomodate my order, even at the late time.

Later in my trip I arrived back to my room mid-day from my meetings to find a typed note on my door. Lee from shipping and receiving had attempted to deliver a package by my "do not disturb" sign was out. I was so impressed that he went back downstairs to type a letter - letting me know who the package was from and how to retrieve it and then come back upstairs to put a note on my door. On top of that, he noted that he noticed that I had laundry downstairs and that he would bring it up as soon as it was ready. He also said that he had spoken with the laundry attendant and she had noticed a small hole in the sleeve of one of my sweaters while cleaning it and that she was going to fix it for me and bring it back the next day!! Really above and beyond my expectations.

While the 3 people that I mentioned defintely stood out, everyone I encountered had a great attitute and seem genuinely happy that I was staying at their hotel. I highly recommend this Embassy Suites location to anyone travelling for business or pleasure and commend their management team for running such a great operation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Terrific review, thanks so much!

State College, PA
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This hotel could only be more conveniently located to the Denver Convention Center if it were actually inside. I was exhibiting at Brew Expo, and it was so nice to be so close.
The staff was friendly, professional and helpful. They do try to “supersize” everything though, such as allowing you to check in early if you upgrade to a room with a view. When I hesitated, I was told internet connection would be around $12 / day, so for an extra $20 I would get a corner room with a view and internet included, which is a good deal. Thinking that for 3 days, I would save money by using this option, I took it for myself and my colleague checking in later. However, on the third day I learned that it was $20, per night, which is not a good deal at all, however it was not presented as PER NIGHT.
Upon entering my room I found dirty pillowcase and debris on the carpet – I call it debris, because besides lint and the usual things you might find on carpeting that was not swept, I found a stick. I took photos and went to the front desk. Immediately, two people were in my room, running the vac and changing sheets, along with apologies and an offer of lunch, wine or Hilton points. They went out of their way to fix the problem. Overall the hotel is well maintained, but the floors in the hallway could use a vac.
Lee in shipping and receiving brought out four boxes shipped to me, put them on a cart and walked me to my booth inside the Convention Center. Very nice guy, and very helpful.
Michael in reception helped me with shipping packages after the show, recommending a great restaurant, and reserving a black car to take me to the airport. He was very friendly, very helpful and went out of his way to provide great service.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelingBZ
Excellent review, thanks so much!