“Nice place to stay in Denver” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #20 of 154 Hotels in Denver
STX
“Nice place to stay in Denver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great hotel. Was worried about tons of kids on the holiday weekend. Hotel was full, but extremely well organized. Short wait for hh & breakfast - both were very nice. Extra $33 for parking, but I think that's pretty standard in Denver. Easy access to everything.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Heather M, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 October 2014
Thank you for your review! We know the hotel can get very busy during a holiday weekend and are so happy you joined us. We do our best to ensure every guest, whether they're looking for a quiet night in or a wild night on the town, has an incredible experience while allowing other guests to enjoy theirs as well. We are happy to see that those efforts are effective! Please come back to be our guest again soon. We love having you with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I spent 4 nights here to attend the annual NTI conference being held at the Denver Convention Center. The hotel was located directly across the street. The "cooked-to-order" breakfast was wonderful as was the nightly manager reception. I was able to walk to the famous 16th Street mall and attend a Rockies game at Coors Stadium. All within walking distance. The rooms were spacious and clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
"Location, Location, Location" - I'd like to add one more 'location' to really drive the point home! Our location in the heart of downtown was carefully selected to provide the best experience possible for our guests. We love the walk from here to the Rockies stadium on game day - its a sea of purple! Thank you for sharing your recommendation of our hotel with TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you, and all those who've taken your recommendation, very soon!
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Housekeeping service is spotty if at all present. Location is great, as is the breakfast if you beat the crowd. Valet guys are great, as is management if you present the issues you have. If you want to stay downtown with a large room and close to rental cars, lightrail, and walking distance from the 16th street mall and convention center, this is one of the hotels in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We hope that you will be back to give us another opportunity. We would love to show you how ALL of our staff, in every department, is eager to take great care of you just like valet and management as you mentioned in your remarks. Our housekeeping team is doing a fantastic job! We hope you will return to see for yourself. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and sharing your comments with us!
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Very nice hotel. Good location by convention center and performing arts facility. Enjoyed the evening reception and the compimentary breakfast with the omelet bar was outstanding. Small pool and fitness center. There is no hot tub but we attended the Rockies baseball game which left little time for hotel amenities other than food!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank jaegerj001
Thank you for your 5-star review! We are happy that you chose our hotel and enjoyed your time with us. We too wish there was a hot tub for our guests to enjoy. The next time you come our way, if you need some relaxation, be sure to check out our massage studio. Its the only thing that can be better than a hot tub! Thank you for being our guest!
Windsor, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

My family and I stayed in room 1509 for 2 nights. It was a two room suite which was perfect for a family of five

Pros of hotel: a couple of blocks from 16th street mall. Free breakfast and 2 hour managers reception. Most of employees are friendly and helpful except Michael which you can read about below.

Cons: our room was dirty. Not the kind of dirty like oops I missed a spot but dirty like it never gets cleaned well. I took pictures and if I can post them here I will. Our bathroom had rust and mildew. I found hair in several places. The baseboards were covered with dirt. The shower head didn't have much water pressure and the curtain was to small so a lot of water got onto the floor which is probably why there is rust and mildew.

The eating areas were dirty and some of the fabric on the chairs were stained. The water feature on the 4th floor was full mildew and limescale.

Now to my pal Michael. I didn't have change to tip the valet and housekeeper (yes I still tipped her because she cleaned up after us) so I went to the gift shop to buy candy. At the front desk Michael acted snippy that I wanted to pay with a $20 bill for the candy and not charge it to my room. When I explained Why I need change (which I should not have had to) he again being snippy said he could give me change but it would all be $1 bills. He handed me my change with no thanks or have a nice day and he turned away to answer the
phone.
We never stay in hotels at this price level but we wanted to have a fun getaway with our kids. I was looking for the " wow factor" at nearly $200 a night but I didn't get it. Our next getaway to Denver will be at a different hotel.

One finale thing. I see other reviews had comments from the manager. Please do not make excuses for our experience at your hotel just try to improve your service.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank K5co
I will not make excuses as I know that would only make a poor experience more frustrating and disappointing. I must, however, at least try to make it right for you. I invite you to reach out to me directly if you are willing to allow me that opportunity. I hope that you will.

Heather.martin@embassysuitesdenverdowntown.com

Though your experience with us didn’t reflect it, we care greatly about each of our guests and want to make it right when we fail to live up to our commitments to you. Thank you for your feedback. I assure you that this is not the experience you should expect from our property and I am confident that this is not the experience you would have if you decided to return as our guest. I am very sorry that this was your experience the first time around.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed for 7 days in Denver with my family. The people were more than helpful and accommodating with anything we needed, especially concerning we had an almost 2 year old and almost 4 year old with us. Loved the free breakfast every morning and free happy hour every evening!! It really helped with the little ones keeping them fed, as the free happy hour also had a fresh fruit/veggie bar and chips. Perfect late afternoon snack to keep them going until dinner time. The kids loved the whole hotel, pool. We all loved the valet parking, perfect for big city parking when it's so inconvenient to park on your own. Close to EVERYTHING in downtown. Perfect location. And the kids also loved looking for the big blue bear peeping in at the Convention center every time we drove up to our hotel. That's when they knew we were "home". Thanks so much, Embassy Suites!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Merri B
"Best hotel stay ever." = Mission Accomplished!

That's all we want to accomplish - being the best hotel EVER! Thank you for your glowing review. We love having families stay with us and find that our 2 and 4 year old guests often entertain us even more than we entertain them! Denver is a great family-friendly city and we are proud to be one of Denver's great family-friendly hotels! We hope to have you and your family back as our guests again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

It is excellent in the sense you have complimentary full breakfast and complimentary happy hour daily. The suites are like a mini apartment. It is literally across the street from the convention center and you can't find a better location when here on business.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind review! One of our guests' favorite features of our hotel is that all of our accommodations are two-room suites. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, being able to separate the sleeping area from the living area is a feature we are happy to offer! We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Denver!