Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
GreenLeadersGold level
Richmond, Virginia
“Great for families”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Clean rooms with a suite! All for the price of one room. Fridge, sink and microwave included. AND the FREE breakfast!! From juices to fruits to soda this is the best! You can order an omelet. Be healthy with oatmeal or cereal. Plus bacon sausage and home fries. Great for families traveling with kids. And did I mention Happy Hour! Free drinks- wine, beer and cocktails- loved the margaritas. Snack included-- veggies, pita chips and pretzel mix.. Staff is very accomodating. What a treat in the city! Located near great restarants and the 16th street mall. A good deal in an expensive city.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Heather M, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 October 2014
Thank you for your glowing, 5-star review! We love to see our guests so excited about the top notch amenities we offer here at Embassy Suites. Thank you for bring your family to stay as our guests. We hope you'll come back again for your next family trip. Thanks for being our guests!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Missouri Valley, Iowa
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great location. Breakfast was good, rooms were clean, but I was not impressed with the hotelstaff. They seemed like we were putting them out whenever we had a question. They did no refill our coffee in our room one morning. I had to go get some from housekeeping...I was also it little upset that they compensate you $10.00 a person for the strip club across the street but don't compensate you when you need a ride to the airport. Weird!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bec5725
Thank you for leaving us your candid feedback. We appreciate all opportunities to improve. I do hope that you will give us a second chance during your next trip to Denver. I know you will be welcomed by a caring staff with an eagerness to serve. I'm truly sorry that you weren't met with that attitude during your most recent stay. I will have to research further regarding the $10 compensation at La Boheme as we are not affiliated with them in any way. During your next visit, our staff would be happy to help arrange airport transportation for you through our partner, Zion Charter. They offer competitive rates and we know they will take great care of you as our guest. Thank you again for your review. If you decide to return as our guest, please reach out to me directly so I can personally oversee your reservation and ensure your experience is flawless.
STX
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great hotel. Was worried about tons of kids on the holiday weekend. Hotel was full, but extremely well organized. Short wait for hh & breakfast - both were very nice. Extra $33 for parking, but I think that's pretty standard in Denver. Easy access to everything.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your review! We know the hotel can get very busy during a holiday weekend and are so happy you joined us. We do our best to ensure every guest, whether they're looking for a quiet night in or a wild night on the town, has an incredible experience while allowing other guests to enjoy theirs as well. We are happy to see that those efforts are effective! Please come back to be our guest again soon. We love having you with us!
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I spent 4 nights here to attend the annual NTI conference being held at the Denver Convention Center. The hotel was located directly across the street. The "cooked-to-order" breakfast was wonderful as was the nightly manager reception. I was able to walk to the famous 16th Street mall and attend a Rockies game at Coors Stadium. All within walking distance. The rooms were spacious and clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
"Location, Location, Location" - I'd like to add one more 'location' to really drive the point home! Our location in the heart of downtown was carefully selected to provide the best experience possible for our guests. We love the walk from here to the Rockies stadium on game day - its a sea of purple! Thank you for sharing your recommendation of our hotel with TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you, and all those who've taken your recommendation, very soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Housekeeping service is spotty if at all present. Location is great, as is the breakfast if you beat the crowd. Valet guys are great, as is management if you present the issues you have. If you want to stay downtown with a large room and close to rental cars, lightrail, and walking distance from the 16th street mall and convention center, this is one of the hotels in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We hope that you will be back to give us another opportunity. We would love to show you how ALL of our staff, in every department, is eager to take great care of you just like valet and management as you mentioned in your remarks. Our housekeeping team is doing a fantastic job! We hope you will return to see for yourself. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and sharing your comments with us!
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Very nice hotel. Good location by convention center and performing arts facility. Enjoyed the evening reception and the compimentary breakfast with the omelet bar was outstanding. Small pool and fitness center. There is no hot tub but we attended the Rockies baseball game which left little time for hotel amenities other than food!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank jaegerj001
Thank you for your 5-star review! We are happy that you chose our hotel and enjoyed your time with us. We too wish there was a hot tub for our guests to enjoy. The next time you come our way, if you need some relaxation, be sure to check out our massage studio. Its the only thing that can be better than a hot tub! Thank you for being our guest!
Windsor, Colorado
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My family and I stayed in room 1509 for 2 nights. It was a two room suite which was perfect for a family of five

Pros of hotel: a couple of blocks from 16th street mall. Free breakfast and 2 hour managers reception. Most of employees are friendly and helpful except Michael which you can read about below.

Cons: our room was dirty. Not the kind of dirty like oops I missed a spot but dirty like it never gets cleaned well. I took pictures and if I can post them here I will. Our bathroom had rust and mildew. I found hair in several places. The baseboards were covered with dirt. The shower head didn't have much water pressure and the curtain was to small so a lot of water got onto the floor which is probably why there is rust and mildew.

The eating areas were dirty and some of the fabric on the chairs were stained. The water feature on the 4th floor was full mildew and limescale.

Now to my pal Michael. I didn't have change to tip the valet and housekeeper (yes I still tipped her because she cleaned up after us) so I went to the gift shop to buy candy. At the front desk Michael acted snippy that I wanted to pay with a $20 bill for the candy and not charge it to my room. When I explained Why I need change (which I should not have had to) he again being snippy said he could give me change but it would all be $1 bills. He handed me my change with no thanks or have a nice day and he turned away to answer the
phone.
We never stay in hotels at this price level but we wanted to have a fun getaway with our kids. I was looking for the " wow factor" at nearly $200 a night but I didn't get it. Our next getaway to Denver will be at a different hotel.

One finale thing. I see other reviews had comments from the manager. Please do not make excuses for our experience at your hotel just try to improve your service.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank K5co
I will not make excuses as I know that would only make a poor experience more frustrating and disappointing. I must, however, at least try to make it right for you. I invite you to reach out to me directly if you are willing to allow me that opportunity. I hope that you will.

Heather.martin@embassysuitesdenverdowntown.com

Though your experience with us didn’t reflect it, we care greatly about each of our guests and want to make it right when we fail to live up to our commitments to you. Thank you for your feedback. I assure you that this is not the experience you should expect from our property and I am confident that this is not the experience you would have if you decided to return as our guest. I am very sorry that this was your experience the first time around.