“Embassy Suites Denver-Super Staff !!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #22 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Embassy Suites Denver-Super Staff !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

There are a group of us that travel together each year. We selected Denver...Embassy Suites turned out to be accomodating in every area of our 6 day hotel stay. They arranged Limo, taxi's , gave us schedules of museums, gardens, the Mint... and a great book of Denver with a fab. map of downtown and surrounding areas.
Their pool is NOT chlorine. Try it...very refreshing. We had it to ourselves one evening.
Omlets are made each breakfast. We even ordered 2 eggs over easy and got it!!
We were needing many items-like our hairdryer would not work-a brand new one was sent up.
We took advantage of Happy Hour most evenings...which included a partial view of the mountains.
We walked from the hotel to restaurants for dinner.
We walked from the hotel to the free 16th street trolley.
Every person we met was charming and helpful. ******* Can I give it 6 stars?

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Nathaniel L, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your Denver vacation spot. I am thrilled to hear our staff was able to accommodate all your needs during your trip. I am also delighted to hear you and your friends enjoyed our wonderful amenities. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to see you again in the future!

Best Regards

Nathaniel Legg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Location is ideal to be downtown. Room size is spacious. The breakfast is a nice feature. Overall an average hotel. I had to wait to check in, wait on the phone for guest services and wait for valet to return car. Considering it wasn't very busy I would have expected less of a wait. Very plain hotel but served it's purpose and was clean. I don't think it's worth $340 a night which is what I paid but if you can get a deal it would be better.

Stayed August 2014
Nathaniel L, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are always looking for feedback to make our hotel stand out and be excellent. It sounds like over all you enjoyed our complimentary items and all our wonderful amenities we offer. It is not in the nature of our industry to ask our guests to wait on us and I apologize this is something that you experienced. If you ever find yourself back in Denver please come back and see us and allow our hotel to offer you an outstanding stay!

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

I was shocked to learn that this lodging was only a couple of years old as it is already stained and showing wear in areas. Perhaps this is due to the shoddy housekeeping in the public areas as well as the rooms. I have never experienced such poor housekeeping service- the list is too long to add here. A large factor in the lack of service was inadequate basic supplies such a toiletries and hot beverage service. I had to raid the cart myself and one morning I discovered there were an abundance of bottles in the bathroom but not a single shampoo. I had to make a call and wait, in a towel, for a bottle to be rushed to me. Another large issue was the poor temperature control in the room. It was always either too cold or too warm. Maintenance could do nothing. Apparently, it is just a flawed system. We knew someone in another room who had the same problem with the room temperature.
The positives were that the bed was comfortable and the staff at the front desk, the in the kitchens and bar were very pleasant, as were the valets.
After 4 nights I am ready to go home!

1 Thank debradl
Thank you for offering such candid feedback regarding your stay. I assure you the incidences you experienced are not the norm. I sincerely apologize for the inconsistencies you experienced during your stay regarding our housekeeping services. We will be using your feedback to better improve our service and create a better experience for all our guests.

I would love to invite you back to show you an exceptional experience here at the Embassy Suites Denver downtown. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further.

Best Regards,

Nathaniel.legg@embassysuitesdenverdowntown.com
Silverthorne, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Great location! However, left my dresses wrapped in a plastic bag and when I returned to retrieve them the housekeeper had taken them out of the bag and was "sizing" them up. It seems she should of immediately taken them to the front desk so they could contact me. I also forgot my cell phone charger but I am sure that was taken.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

2 Thank Cynthia S
Stephan M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to learn that you forgot your items and we share your relief that these were located and secured by our team. We are most sincerely regretful that you feel our employee was sizing up your property prior to returning your items back into your hands. Hopefully we can assist in resolving this possible misunderstanding and we look forward to having you back.

We are very glad we found and secured your belongings!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We checked into our suite and noticed it was rather warm at 78 degrees. So we cranked down the air and left to head over to Coors field for a Rockies game. Upon returning, our room had actually gone up to 80 degrees. We called the front desk who sent up engineering to take a look. After switching out the thermostat panel, it was determined that the air conditioning unit for the room was out of order. Unfortunately, the hotel was sold out so we could not be moved to another room. We called the front desk to request a box fan and were promised one would be brought up promptly----it never happened. So we spent a miserable night sweating and trying to get comfortable. It was actually cooler just outside our door, but we were advised to keep our door closed and locked for security reasons.

The next day, we packed everything up and had the car brought up as if we were checking out. There still was not another room available, so we left to go to Estes Park for the day. A few hours later, we received a call that a room had come available and that we would be moved upon returning to the hotel. We did so and the final night of our stay was much more pleasant and met our original expectations.

Upon checking out, I shared our appreciation for being moved but also asked for some type of discount in recognition of our poor accomodations the first night. I was told by the girl at the front desk that was not possible because my account had already been settled to my credit card.

Wow Embassy Suites. What a shoddy way to treat a very loyal guest. I cannot recommend this location based on our experience. It really was the low point of our 11 state vacation this summer just due to the lack of the staff to acknowledge our inconvenience due to the poor condition of our room.

I think I'll direct my travel expenditures elsewhere instead of staying with Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask the front desk to be moved if the temperature of your suite is not comfortable. Once...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DB514
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to learn that your thermostat has been malfunctioning during your stay, we have since replaced the unit and look forward to having you return. We understand that something as essential as proper room temperature can impact your stay entirely and we would be delighted to remedy this for you to our best ability.
Come back and try us again....

Keller, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

First time to stay at this 4-year old hotel near the Denver Convention Center in downtown. Parking is valet only and costs $33/day. Lobby for check-in is on 4th floor. elevators were always crowed. Have to use your key card to go above 4th floor. However, anybody can get to a higher floor by just getting on when someone with a key does and selecting any floor. So don't see why they bother with this. Room was very warm when entered and even though temp was set colder the room was hot. Called and the responded quickly to work on it. Eventually room cooled down and stayed cool. Called for wake-up call the 2nd night. Never got the call. Fortunately woke up in time for meeting.Excellent breakfast. Hotel very contemporary decor and in good condition.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for your terrific review, we are so glad to learn you enjoyed your stay with us!

Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We liked the hotel room, breakfast and evening reception. Hats off to Chef Alex for making delicious omlettes. He should be recognized as an employee of the month with his excellent skills and service. We will be back in the future.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank lonestarHouston_TX
"Excellent location and great service!" ,,,,thank you very much for your kind words!