“So much fun even for someone with no painting ability”

Canvas and Cocktails
Ranked #11 of 67 Shopping in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: A great spot to paint a picture for kids or adults -
Denver, Colorado
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“So much fun even for someone with no painting ability”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Canvas and Coctails is so much fun! I have been here with a friend, and my boyfriend. There is a huge variety of paintings to choose from. The instructors make painting seem so simple. I have no painting talent whatsoever, and I was very happy with how my painting turned out. It is amazing how all the paintings in the class vary. You can actually paint whatever you want, and the instructor will help you. You can also use whatever colors. They serve drinks while painting. The paintings are great to take home, and I think are a very competitive price. Make sure to get here a little early, parking can be a little bit of a pain.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Crystaldawn3

home
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Fun date night!”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Having no artistic ability or talent, I was a little hesitate to boom this for my wife and I while in the area. We had a blast! Great and fun environment, cheap drinks, fun people, and some good sing along music made for a wonderful evening. Oh yeah and the painting is so low key that it was actually fun to do. I just don't k know what I am going to do with them now!

1 Thank cooper12
Denver, Colorado
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Best since sliced bread !”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

No matter what your artistic skills are - when you walk out of this event, you feel like Van Gaugh! What a great way to learn how to paint, have fun, meet people and walk away with a great painting. The sign-up process is easy enough and you just need to be quick as spaces fill up quickly. The only thing I wish on improvement: turn down the music a bit and let's have something less rocky ! Be aware though - this can become highly addictive !

Visited June 2012
1 Thank SigInDenver
San Diego
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“What a kick!!!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My adult son had heard of this event, and made reservations for us while I was in town visiting him. What a unique and fun experience.
It's a painting class held in a gallery, with the great addition of champagne or wine. The staff is quite dynamic, and extremely helpful. A blank canvas and palette and brushes are set up for everyone. Each person gets their own paint, and then proceeds to create a painting, with the enthusiastic help of one of the staff who leads the process. There is a selected painting for the attendees to replicate, but of course you can do your own thing.
Even for someone who has NO artistic talent such as myself, I managed to create a credible result. The staff member gives you help on perspective, mixing colors and how to proceed.
This is an unusual, and fun, activity for anybody, and a great way to meet people and enjoy an interesting area of Denver, Cherry Creek.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank MsEnergy
Denver Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“So Fun!!! Perfect if you are looking for something different and fun to do!”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I just love C&C. I went with a Bachelorette Party about a year ago and have become addicted. I have absolutely no artistic ability, but have been very impressed with how easy the instructors make it. I have now gone 7 times and can't wait to go again. This is perfect for a girls night out or a family activity. Thereputic and fun, I think everyone should try it!

Visited October 2011