“A great tour to learn and see all parts of Denver!”
Review of Bikalope Tours

Bikalope Tours
Ranked #13 of 49 Outdoor Activities in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: For people who like to ride bikes and learn stuff, Bikalope Tours offers bicycle tours rooted in the history, art, and architecture of The Mile High City. Our tours are leisurely-paced and are appropriate for all skill levels. Tours include a great hybrid style bike fit to your height, water, a helmet, and a knowledgeable guide.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our biking tour tremendously. It was a great way to see the city and learn about other places we would want to revisit after the tour. Our tour guide, Bobby, was very knowledgeable and had a great personality. He kept a pace that everyone could keep up with no matter the age. He led us through a safe and enjoyable bike route through the city. The bikes were comfortable and easy to use.

We biked ten miles and stopped at 13 landmarks in Denver. Each landmark stop included an interesting story about each landmark. He also talked about the next leg of the route prior to leaving so that all riders felt comfortable and knew where we were going.

We would recommend this way to see Denver over any walking or bus tour. It is convenient, informative, and a good workout. Schedule the tour on one of your first days in the city to maximize all of what Denver has to offer.

There are newer reviews for Bikalope Tours

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I wanted outdoor fun and adventure on my trip to Colorado so my friend booked this bike tour of Denver for the two of us. I had not been on a bike in several years but found this bike tour to be very easy with only a couple of small hills. Our guide Bobby was very engaging and informative about the city and it's sites. I enjoyed riding along the river as well as on city streets with a great mix of sports venues, government buildings, parks and historic homes. We had a beautiful day for the ride and I felt safe at all times while following our guide, Bobby. He even recommended a place to grab a wonderful bison burger after the ride, which we did! I highly recommend this tour and would do it again.
Karen

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Very enjoyable tour of Denver. Bike tours are the best way to cover large areas of cities with opportunities to stop & look at the sites you go by. It give you a good "lay of the land" and ideas of things you want to go back and further tour.

Billy was very informative and provided a very good tour!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We fell off the night sleeper from Chicago at 7 am on a frosty late October morning, two shaky senior citizens! 10 am saw us, well breakfasted at the hotel who most kindly checked us in at that early, kitted out and following Bobby on a comprehensive and well thought out route in glorious sunlight and the 'mile high' altitude was no problem. A great way to start a flying tour of a city.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was a fun and interesting way to get familiar with the core of Denver. If you can ride a bike at all, I highly recommend the Denver Bikalope Bike Tour. It was easy to register on-line, and there were no problems with our reservation when we arrived. The meeting location was a good spot for this outing, and the directions provided for getting there were perfect. The number of participants was limited to 12, I think it was, which was great. We had a mix of people bringing their own bikes and using the ones Bikalopes provides. (You get a $10 discount if you bring your own bike.) We had folks who ranged from Lycra-clad hard-core road bikers to tourists in jeans who probably don't ride a bike often. (-: Everyone seemed to be enjoying the tour and keeping up fine. Our guide, Bobby, was great, and he set a nice pace - not too fast, not too slow IMHO. He kept track of us and anticipated when we might get split because of a traffic light, people taking pictures, etc. The whole thing seemed really well organized. We were almost entirely on designated bike paths or bike lanes. Bobby gave us good pointers on where to watch for potential traffic hazards (very few anyway), and I appreciated him using hand singles as we approached turns. I always felt safe. As the Bikalope website indicates, we stopped at a number of Denver landmarks and attractions, and Bobby's commentary was interesting, sometimes funny and, to my knowledge, accurate. (-: There's a restroom available at the meeting location (a Vitamin Cottage), and there was one bathroom stop along the way, at the Denver Public Library. Finally, be aware that you'll need to pay for parking ($5) at the meeting location.

2  Thank ABbcsb