“Food average, service friendly but.....”

The Egg & I Restaurant
Ranked #677 of 3,272 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Healthy
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Open from 6am to 2pm weekdays (2:30pm on weekends) The Egg & I offers gourmet coffee, 100% pure-squeezed orange juice and a variety of menu choices you will enjoy time and time again. Favorites include our benedicts, omelettes, waffles and whole wheat pancakes. We also offer an assortment of non-egg dishes. At lunch, you'll find creative sandwiches, entree salads and hearty, homemade soups. And if you want breakfast for lunch - no problem!
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I was seated immediately since the restaurant was only about 1/3 filled (about 2pm in the afternoon).
I ordered the eggs benedict which was served over shredded ham. The advantage was that the ham didn't need cutting. The taste as ok but the temperature of the food was room temperature. I like hot food to be hot. The waitress brought extra sauce which was very hot and it helped a bit. Average food, friendly waiter.
What I did not like was being seated right opposite the kitchen entry in an almost empty restaurant. I really thought nothing about this until the staff in the kitchen started horseplaying and shouting. Obviously not too busy to amuse themselves. Another waitress was running a push hand vacuum around the areas where people were eating. Consider waiting until the area is empty. No one wants someone vacuuming next to them while they eat.
Average experience for me and I will find another place to eat next time.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

What kind of breakfast place does not have link sausage, pie, or cinnamon rolls? Coffee, ordinary. Service, ordinary. Atmosphere, below par.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

I was in Denver on business, and I decided to not eat breakfast at my hotel... Doing a quick search nearby, I found good reviews for Egg & I on Yosemite, so I decided to have breakfast there.

The food was good, the service was excellent, and the atmosphere was relaxed, friendly, and clean. This was an excellent alternative to eating poorly made food from the hotel!

1  Thank Kevin T