“Super breakfast cooked just like I like it!”

No photo provided
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Healthy
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Open from 6am to 2pm weekdays (2:30pm on weekends) The Egg & I offers gourmet coffee, 100% pure-squeezed orange juice and a variety of menu choices you will enjoy time and time again. Favorites include our benedicts, omelettes, waffles and whole wheat pancakes. We also offer an assortment of non-egg dishes. At lunch, you'll find creative sandwiches, entree salads and hearty, homemade soups. And if you want breakfast for lunch - no problem!
United States
“Super breakfast cooked just like I like it!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We had a wonderful breakfast outside. Service was really terrific and the food was prepared just as ordered. They have a really good menu - not lacking anything.

Visited September 2013

Denver, Colorado
“Great coffee, healthful food”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We go out to breakfast a lot - socializing there instead of dinner - about once a week and often choose The Egg & I on Leetsdale & Holly. Great place for folks who like a selection of coffees in a regular restaurant - South American Blend, Rainforest Bold (from Alliance Certified farms), Hazelnut, Seasonal Blend, and Decaf - served in bottomless pitchers. The egg dishes are non-greasy, with fresh ingredients. Potatoes are ranch style, moist and flavorful; bread choices for toast are excellent, or you may order an English muffin, regular or raisin. What I like is that you can substitute fruit or tomatoes for potatoes, and the fruit cup is generous. Though this restaurant runs about $1 more per breakfast entree than most restaurants, you get solid value for that exchange, and - as someone else pointed out - they give you a senior discount at the register, which brings the price down for some of us. We have yet to find a better restaurant in Denver that pleases all of our family members' breakfast tastes, ranging from meaty to allergies and vegan. Can accommodate large parties, especially if you call ahead.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Linda D
Acton, Massachusetts
“Great breakfasts”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is an excellent place for breakfast and lunch. They don't serve dinner. Service is great, people are friendly and they have the most amazing Chile Rellanos and frittatas. They serve turkey sausage, as well as pork. Cost is reasonable and they give Sr.'s a discount.

Visited September 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Great food, good service, vegetarian friendly!”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

My husband and I have been there 3 times, and it get better and better! The food is awesome, vegetarian friendly, and they have great healthy options too. Our server today was the best. He was one of those charming, yet goofy guys. He was friendly, made jokes, and knew his stuff. The food and service was great for the value. Try the veggie hash!

• Visited March 2013
Acton, Massachusetts
“Great breakfasts”
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I go to the Egg & I a couple times a month with either friends or family. The staff is always courteous, service is always excellent and I love the food. It's open for breakfast and lunch and serves a vast array of egg dishes, pancakes, waffles, cereal, salads and sandwiches. I've never had anything that wasn't great. I especially love the chili rellanos - with the red sauce, but their frittatas and salads are great too. They have excellent coffee.

Visited October 2012