“Outstanding Dinner”
Review of Ocean Prime

Ocean Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 3,483 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 15th Street
Description: OCEAN PRIME is an award winning modern American restaurant and lounge from renowned restaurateur Cameron Mitchell. With stunning settings, a vibrant energy, an impressive menu of seafood and steaks and truly exceptional service, OCEAN PRIME is an ideal place to socialize, talk business, celebrate and indulge.
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are visiting family in Denver and wanted to go for a nice meal, Ocean Prime was recommended.

We went with no expectations and were very happily surprised. From the moment you walk in to the moment you leave, you are treated like a VIP. This was one of the best dining experiences we have ever had. Everyone is very friendly and nothing is too much.

The food is exceptional! We had the seafood tower as an appetiser and it was off the scale. For mains we had rib eye steak, grouper and halibut. The lobster mac’n’cheese is amazing. Everything was cooked to perfection and we had the honour of meeting the Executive Chef Roman Rodriguez, who very kindly shared the mac’n’cheese recipe!

Special mention to Meredith, who hosted us for the Evening and made sure that we had a really great time. When you are on holiday you want to make happy memories and this was one meal we will be talking about for a very long time to come.

Thank you so much Ocean Prime! We will be back :-)

CMRinfo, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

So, my friend wanted a private room for her birthday, well she booked it. We had it for about 3 1/2 hours. It seats about 14 people. Remember in doing this the room is barely big enough, so the volume of voices can get very loud.
They served cocktails and hors d'oeuvres for about 1 1/2 hours.

Then it's time to get the order of everyone in the room. The food came pretty quick.

I had ordered surf and turf which is supposed to be Lobster and filet. It was a nice piece of meat with a strip of Lobster on it not exactly what I was expecting. I like mine medium rare. So , i cut it into it and it was barely warm so I was kind of disappointed. And no I did not send it back for many reasons we all know those.
I had also ordered a salad which came before the main course which is a large plate which was nice and I also ordered the twice baked potato which was awesome.

For my friend's birthday they brought in a platter that had four separate desserts on it that she could cut up and split between people in the room. I had tried the carrot cake which was really good it tasted like Christmas. I had also tasted the key lime which I'm not a huge fan of but this was perfect in favor. The one thing I like with my dessert is a cup of coffee and they never asked if we wanted coffee.

Perhaps because we were coming to the end of our reservation and they had run out of time.

In the end not a bad place to have an event but I would say shorter cocktail hour and making sure that everybody is there on time.

Not a very good picture as the light was very dim in there

CMRinfo, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you for the feedback and the kind words! We value you as a guest and look forward to providing you with a 5-star experience in the future!

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Everything was top notch - food, drinks, coffee dessert and service. The cocktails were fantastic - highly recommend the cucumber gimlet. Yes, it sounds strange. But trust this gin & tonic lover, it is the best. Our steaks were perfection. The service was attentive without being intrusive - the way it should be.
If this review sounds over-the top, it is meant to be. Our experience was that good.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We weren't certain everyone would like the food (there were 10 of us). while some walked the area to shop, some stayed at the bar and had drinks. Some did both. Unique variety of specialty drinks. Wine list was fair to good. IT was a warm day, so we stayed inside for about an hour+. Dinner was next. The restaurant was Very accommodating. From adjusting the temp, to making changes on the menu for our diverse family group. They even tried to create a mai-tai (from what I heard, it was fair). Service was excellent and very attentive. Everyone loved their food. The filet was tender (4 people had it), the fish was very good. The only complaint, which was mixed, the asparagus wasn't cooked enough - yet some one else liked it that way.

CMRinfo, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Good Seafood in Denver - who would have thunk it!
For my app, I have oysters on the half shell, I was able to order half from the east and half from the west. They came out juicy and free from the shell, easy to eat and not to briny. Dinner was surf and turf – an 8 oz Filet and a rather small Maine lobster tail, the meat was cooked to a proper medium rare and the lobster was butter poached. Bothe were tender and juicy, but was served in a bowl and not a plate. It was difficult to eat from the bowl and I move the dinner to my bread plate to better manage eating.
For desert I had the warm butter cake, it came with a scoop of ice-cream and fresh berries. The desert was served on a large plate, but was better suited for the bowl that my main came in. My server was a delight and she allowed me to joke with her, as I told her the chef was a donkey serving in the wrong receptacle for the courses and she was very attentive. For good seafood in Denver, I say give it a try.

CMRinfo, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Thank you for the kind words and the feedback! We value you a guest and look forward to providing you with an all around 5-star experience in the future!

Been to Ocean Prime? Share your experiences!