“Excellent steak!”
Review of Ocean Prime

Ocean Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 3,301 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 15th Street
Description: OCEAN PRIME is an award winning modern American restaurant and lounge from renowned restaurateur Cameron Mitchell. With stunning settings, a vibrant energy, an impressive menu of seafood and steaks and truly exceptional service, OCEAN PRIME is an ideal place to socialize, talk business, celebrate and indulge.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ocean Prime is our go to steak house in Denver! The atmosphere, the cocktails, and the food are incredible! The filet is our favorite piece of meat on the menu and the calamari is our favorite app. We celebrate all our special occasions at Ocean Prime. Make sure to make a reservation as they will be full on the weekend!

CMRinfo, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for the kind words and the 5-star review Kara!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Highly recommend the Seafood tower. We asked the waiter to be creative on appetizers and he brought a nice sampler of crab, oysters, crab legs and shrimp. Halibut, and Sea Bass entrees were well prepared.

Thank you for the kind words and the feedback!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first visit to this restaurant and likely my last. We ordered the crab cake entree and the halibut special. First off, all you could taste of the crab cakes was the breaded filling, you couldn’t find or taste the crab. The veggie side was really just a scant relish, literally about 1/2 ounce per crab cake. The halibut special sounded great, and for $52 should have been awesome, but it fell way short of expectations. The fish was fresh and flaky enough, however it, along with the colorful but skimpy swizzle of sauce was virtually without taste. And, like the crab cakes, the vegetable accompaniment was minuscule. One of the dishes (I can’t remember which) boasted that it included Brussels sprouts, but when the plates arrived, there were literally just four Brussel sprout LEAVES... it was like a joke. Obviously if you want veggies, you have to get upsold to ordering side dishes. Which our friendly server neglected to tell us. Lastly, the bread was completely unremarkable.

Too bad, I had high hopes. The clubby decor is rich and sexy, but the food falls way short.

Caryn we are extremely sorry that you did not have the best experience possible with us at Ocean Prime. We value you as our guest and hope to make things up to you in the future with an all around 5-star experience!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My first visit and it won’t be my last. I went with family to Denver and this restaurant was suggested by a member of the hotel staff where we were staying. It’s a little pricey, however what good place to eat isn’t? My filet was as quality a cut of beef as I’ve ever had in a 5 star steak house. Seafood was excellent too. Beautiful presentation of seafood and appetizers. I suggest making a reservation as we would have waited over an hour to sit at a table instead opting to eat while seated at the bar. This was as fine of a meal as can be enjoyed anywhere. I highly suggest when opting for a above quality dining choice. Enjoy!!!!

Thank you for the kind words and the 5-star review!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had the special here which was fabulous, my girlfriend was all excited to get the king crab legs which for the money were very small and disappointing, drinks and service was very good. Would go back but I’d avoid the crab legs

Thank you for the kind words and the feedback!

Been to Ocean Prime? Share your experiences!