“Liked it too!”

Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
“Liked it too!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Our family liked this stop. The choices for dogs brats and sausages were unique and we had fun trying most everything on menu. Service was vast and friendly and the atmosphere was fun. Not much to add to all the other reviews but this was a great stop.

Visited July 2014

Katy, Texas
“Yum!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We ate here after the Rockies game (close by). Very unique place! I could not wait to try it. As you come in, the menu is on the wall. You choose your dog, top it ($1.25), side it (2/$4) and drinks… I ordered the Elk Jalapeno Chedder (6.50) dog with the El Diablo (1.25) topping (tomatillo green chili salsa, sriracha lime mayo, smoked bacon bits). This was yummy!! I like very spicy food. This was not that spicy, but still very good. Everyone else tried the Alaskian Reindeer ($7), the All Beef Wrapped in Bacon (6.50) and the All Beef dog ($5). Everything was very good! The kids really like their dogs. We ordered a side of fries, which was plenty for us. I had a couple of Craft Beers, good stuff! We all ordered the one dog and fries. It was enough to fill us up. I recommend getting something different, other than just the beef dog. Then get it topped! Enjoy!

Santiago, Chile
“The other kind of Hot-dog”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This place is a few blocks off from downtown Denver and offers hot-dogs made not just from beef or pork. The menu includes sausages made from animals like Elk, Reindeer, WildBoar, Duck, Pheasant or Rattlesnake, so if you are tired of the usual kind of dog, definitly try this out!
I went there twice during my stay in Denver this month. The first time I had the Elk Jalapeño Cheddar Dog with Biker Jim's topping. Great savory-a-bit-spicy taste and if you like it even spicier, just add some peppers and hot sauce from the top-it-yourself counter. The bun was a little bit too soft for my taste, but apart from that a really great dog. As the menu suggested "for afters" I got one of their Chipotle Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches. For the price I expected a small brownie topped with a scoop of icecream, however this dessert in fact consists of two huge brownies (at least 5x5 square inches) glued together by a one inch thick layer of vanilla icecream. This sandwich is then cut in two triangles, sided with cream and topped with a cherry. Awesome looking and awesome spicy-sweet-chocolatey-creamy taste, definitely one of the best desserts I ever had in the US. A word of warning though: The thing is massive, so safe some space in your stomach - I had a hard time finishing it, but sometimes things are so good you just have to force yourself...
The second time I ate at Biker Jim's I tried two other Hot-dogs, the Rattlesnake-Pheasant combination and the WildBoar dog. The first one tasted great, but its texture was a bit soft and of course less spicy than the Elk Jalapeño one. The texture of the Wild-boar is firm and topped with the El Diablo plus some peppers and cheese it made a great second course to my meal. If you look for something to side your dog with I would recommend the fried Mac&Cheese - fried brick-shaped sticks (a half order is probably enough) that go very well with your dog. To wash everything down Biker Jim's has quite unusal fountain sodas like "sugar cane coke" or "black cherry soda".
All in all a great experience of "not so ordinary dogs". When I visit Denver again I will definitely go back.

Los Angeles, CA
“I need to live here to eat all the varieties”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had the Elk jalapeno with classic topping and the Louisiana red hots with the Coney topping. They were both very very tasty.... perfect combination, creative pairings of sweet / spicy / meaty / savroy / cool and creamy in every bite. Also a very cool vibe in the restarurant. We were just visiting Denver, I really need to live here so I can try all the other combos. Not sure if any of the sides were good enough to justify taking precious stomach space, we had the deep fried pickles but I really wished that I had another dog instead.

1 Thank Lisa K
Farmington, Minnesota
“Hot dog! This place is great”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stopped in before a Rockies-Twins game not knowing a thing about it. What kind of meat do you want in you dog...beef? Reindeer? Elk? About a dozen different meats to choose. Then opt for a sauce, I did Coney Island. Then, pick a side; I ordered fries and got enough for a family of four! Condiments are crazy good...jalapeños, banana peppers, huge pickle slices, two kinds of hot sauce. Enjoy that great pre-game meal with rock music, ESPN on two TVs, and biker posters filling the place with lots of happy customers. They serve beer and local-brand soda. We didn't have any wait, but a line formed soon after and never let up. I'm not surprised to read other reviews of this place and see it's a local hot spot. Will be back on next trip to Denver!

1 Thank DRLAdventures